My Case For Aaron Donald

you did .... didnt remember seeing anyone talk about it ... thats why i made that thread ... good heads up .... i was on the fence regardless .... im fully on it now if we dont trade up .... I remembered you be fully dedicated to the cause tho lol

Representing the cause lol

But i do fully agree with you that he can play multiple positions

Quickness: check

Speed: check

Hand Usage: check

Bull Rush: check

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love donald but you dont draft him to line up at DE. His athleticism makes him a great DT prospect

I don't think people are saying make him a DE. Just that he has the ability to rush from the DE spot. Just like Jerry and Babs have done alot in the past 2 years. Babs pretty much moved to LDE in 2012 when we released Edwards.

I don't think people are saying make him a DE. Just that he has the ability to rush from the DE spot. Just like Jerry and Babs have done alot in the past 2 years. Babs pretty much moved to LDE in 2012 when we released Edwards.

Jerry and Babs moved to DE to help out in the run game not to bring pressure off the edge.

Jerry and Babs moved to DE to help out in the run game not to bring pressure off the edge.

There sole purpose isn't just to play the run game in those situations. And Donald would be better at bringing pressure than both. No one is saying he should be moved to full time DE, but that he has the flexibility to play the position some.

Donald is a good player, but we have DTs. THIS is what we need. An OT that can get push in the run game:

We have OT on the team too. The difference in the DT on the team vs Donald is about the same as the RT on the team vs Matthews

Babs - 1 sack

Soliai - 1 sack

Jerry - 3 sack

Donald - 11 sacks

There sole purpose isn't just to play the run game in those situations. And Donald would be better at bringing pressure than both. No one is saying he should be moved to full time DE, but that he has the flexibility to play the position some.

ok I just don't agree there's no other reason to play your DT at DE other than to help in the run game or to help cover up a a lineman for a blitzing LB.

Watt plays the 5-tech most of the time which means he has to play the run a lot. His long arms also makes Watt special because he disrupts the QB's view even when he can't get to him.

I would not trust Donald playing 5-tech or playing the run constantly in a 3-4 in the NFL.

Watt plays the 5 tech most of the time. I agree. But the Texans slide him to DT on obvious passing downs. Take advantage of his explosiveness

I couldn't agree more JBO. I think Donald will come in and contribute immediately to the team that drafts him. He will make an impact anywhere because of his combination of quickness, strength, and ability to create pressure. He has a high motor too. Can't miss with Donald honestly.

We have OT on the team too. The difference in the DT on the team vs Donald is about the same as the RT on the team vs Matthews

Babs - 1 sack

Soliai - 1 sack

Jerry - 3 sack

Donald - 11 sacks

And one of Jerry's sacks was really Osi.

I don't know why people don't think we need a player like Donald. Compare his tape to Clowney and he's every bit as good and can play a number of roles.

Yes, but you don't draft someone at 6 to be a rotational player.

I'm not sure if Nolan would use him when he decides to use the Falcons 3-4 packages.

Donald would be a starter from day one. They wouldn't have to take him off the field because he impacts the game in every way a DT can.

I don't know why people don't think we need a player like Donald. Compare his tape to Clowney and he's every bit as good and can play a number of roles.

You have to remember, most fans PARROT what they hear from the talking heads.

It makes them feel as though they're making a contribution to the discussion without really thinking for themselves.

Unfortunately, common sense and an original thought really has no place with them.

You have to remember, most fans PARROT what they hear from the talking heads.

It makes them feel as though they're making a contribution to the discussion without really thinking for themselves.

Unfortunately, common sense and an original thought really has no place with them.

All they have to do IS WATCH him play. Just watch. When Clowney is getting doubled he seems to give up a bit and is a liability against the run. I watched Donald get doubled and SHOVED IN THE FACE and he still got his hands on the QB. Donald didn't know who had the ball between a QB and a RB so he tackled them both at the same time.

Donald would be a starter from day one. They wouldn't have to take him off the field because he impacts the game in every way a DT can.

I like Donald but I'm still not sure that he would be on the field in 3-4 packages. He will be great playing a 3 tech 4-3 UT and DT in Nickel situations just like how the Bengals use Geno.

I guess Nolan could make it work though.

Just to be clear I don't want it to seem like I have anything against Donald I just think he fits. Before we signed jackson soliai Jerry babs and Peters I was pushing for him to be our pick

Edited by atlGM

All they have to do IS WATCH him play. Just watch. When Clowney is getting doubled he seems to give up a bit and is a liability against the run. I watched Donald get doubled and SHOVED IN THE FACE and he still got his hands on the QB. Donald didn't know who had the ball between a QB and a RB so he tackled them both at the same time.

I know, there is no rational justification for blind loyalty blink.png !

They'll never believe their lying eyes dry.png !!

Every time I watch Donald's highlight video I wonder why it looks like he is going against a high school team. It really does look like that and it's one of the best highlight videos I've ever seen. He is so quick off the snap that the Olineman doesn't stand a chance most of the time.

He is exactly who TD, Smitty, etc have been looking for as our DT for years. The problem is they are now preaching bigger/stronger and I don't think they will draft an undersized DT at 6. Especially since they just signed all these DT's.

I want Clowney or Mack, but I will be happy with Donald too. I can't wait to see what he can do in the NFL.

I like Donald but I'm still not sure that he would be on the field in 3-4 packages. He will be great playing a 3 tech 4-3 UT and DT in Nickel situations just like how the Bengals use Geno.

I guess Nolan could make it work though.

We will run some 4 man fronts on occasion

Every time I watch Donald's highlight video I wonder why it looks like he is going against a high school team. It really does look like that and it's one of the best highlight videos I've ever seen. He is so quick off the snap that the Olineman doesn't stand a chance most of the time.

He is exactly who TD, Smitty, etc have been looking for as our DT for years. The problem is they are now preaching bigger/stronger and I don't think they will draft an undersized DT at 6. Especially since they just signed all these DT's.

I want Clowney or Mack, but I will be happy with Donald too. I can't wait to see what he can do in the NFL.

We got beef on the line, now we need penetration

Has anyone seen Donald line up at DE? I've been curious, with his speed, and obvious hand fighting techniques, if he couldn't be legit there. Rotate between DT and DE. He seems better than all the DE's outside of Clowney are likely to be.

If he's limited to just inside, it's hard given our plethora of needs. But since pass rush is a primary need, if we get it from him rotating between UT, RDE, and 5 tech DE...so be it.

He played in odd fronts on the outside at Pit. His own quote from the Sr. Bowl is that "I am versatile I can line up and be effective at any position on the Dline but my natural position is 3 tech."