I Could Live With Peter King's Mock Draft With Trades

1. *HOUSTON: KHALIL MACK, OLB, BUFFALO

While everyone talks about the immense athleticism of Jadeveon Clowney, let’s point this out: Mack’s 40 time at his Pro Day was 4.53 seconds. Clowney’s was 4.53 seconds. Mack vertical-jumped 40 inches, Clowney 37.5. GM Rick Smith must ignore the heat for bypassing Clowney.

2. ST. LOUIS: GREG ROBINSON, T, AUBURN

Biggest question for Jeff Fisher, obviously, is how he can not pick Jake Matthews, the son of a former great Oiler/Titan. But Bruce Matthews will understand. Robinson has the potential to be Orlando Pace II.

3. JACKSONVILLE: SAMMY WATKINS, WR, CLEMSON

All along I’ve thought it’d be Watkins or Mack here. One GM told me, “Take the safest guy here. David Caldwell will go safe.” Nobody truly is a safe pick in the NFL, but in the Watkins-versus-Clowney game, Watkins seems safer to me. And talk about a need pick.

4. ATLANTA: JADEVEON CLOWNEY, DE, S. CAROLINA

(Acquired from Cleveland for first- and third-round picks.)

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mack was higher-rated by the Falcons, but with Clowney still there at such a vital position of need, it’s worth the risk to jump up and ensure the Raiders don’t pick him.

5. OAKLAND: JAKE MATTHEWS, T, TEXAS A&M

Raiders get their Texas A&M offensive star, just not the one lots of Raiders fans wished it was. But offensive line is a huge need for Oakland, and GM Reggie McKenzie can dip into the deep pool of second-round quarterbacks with the 36th overall pick.

6. CLEVELAND: MIKE EVANS, WR, TEXAS A&M

(Acquired from Atlanta, with a third-round pick, in the trade-down from 4 to 6.)

Browns get their Texas A&M offensive star, just not the one lots of Browns fans wished it was. But how about a trio of Josh Gordon, Evans and Andrew Hawkins, the former Bengals waterbug, in the slot? Browns need a lot. This is good value for the spot. It would also give the Brown a ridiculous seven of the top 110 picks.

Link:

http://mmqb.si.com/2...houston-texans/

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a sec, is this the " very realistic " (or some crap) mock that g-dawg was talking about King doing yesterday? If it is then I think Peter might want to retire. If this happens I will make a twitter bet about buying season tickets or something.

I CERTAINLY hope we select Clowney. I love an underdog. Nothing more satisfying than seeing a guy who people lie on, ridicule and have no faith in, shine through with a vengeance. Then I like to see those people backpedal like PRIMETIME. The down side though? Sometimes the underdog stays a dog.

Here's to hoping Clowney can shut mouths in a Falcons uniform. Cheers mate!

ugly-girls-0980.jpg

Edited by Dusty

And with the 2nd we take the best OT available. I can live with this. And celebrate.

Still think if there was a way to drop down and get Lewan and then trade up for Barr, that would be the best case scenario. But this is a close 2nd.

Edited by billywhiteshoes

I think if clowney's there at 2 someone will trade up.

The Rams would want as much as trading to 1. They have the 13th pick along with their 2nd. If they didn't have another first at 13 I'd think it was a possibility. But two picks in the top 13, they should stay put and add 2 prospects at positions of need.

The Rams would want as much as trading to 1. They have the 13th pick along with their 2nd. If they didn't have another first at 13 I'd think it was a possibility. But two picks in the top 13, they should stay put and add 2 prospects at positions of need.

Rams can nab Manziel at second and get Lewan at thirteen.

Now that I think of it,it seems that I've heard Lombardi and Dimitroff do not have a very good relationship, going back to their days back in Cleveland under Belichick. I can't remember where I heard that, but I remember that coming up when Lombardi was always negative on the Falcons, like the BS report that the Falcons were down on Matt Ryan.

I'm not sure Cleveland will be a suitor.

Now that I think of it,it seems that I've heard Lombardi and Dimitroff do not have a very good relationship, going back to their days back in Cleveland under Belichick. I can't remember where I heard that, but I remember that coming up when Lombardi was always negative on the Falcons, like the BS report that the Falcons were down on Matt Ryan.

I'm not sure Cleveland will be a suitor.

Lombardi got cut from Cleveland

So, you are telling me we get the best player in the draft - we don't give up our 2nd round pick this year? we don't have to give up our 1st round pick next year?

and the only cost is our 3rd round pick?

that would be nirvana!

Rams can nab Manziel at second and get Lewan at thirteen.

If I was the Rams GM, I'm targeting Watkins, Lewan, then the top OG still available in the 2nd. They've gone too long without weopons and an OL. If Bradford still can't stay upright, you are bringing a rookie QB into a better situation next year.