24 Is Back!

JDaveG

Thanks to Amazon Prime, I went back and watched seasons 1-6 earlier this year. They were seasons I missed so it was nice to catch up. Season 5 was so awesome. 1-5 were all great, 6 a little meh. So in season 7 when Tony showed up and people went crazy, I had no idea who he was lol, now I know.

Thanks to Amazon Prime, I went back and watched seasons 1-6 earlier this year. They were seasons I missed so it was nice to catch up. Season 5 was so awesome. 1-5 were all great, 6 a little meh. So in season 7 when Tony showed up and people went crazy, I had no idea who he was lol, now I know.

I started with Season 5 and had to go back and catch up. I did that about 2 years ago, and ended up watching 5-8 again as well, just to have the full picture of binge watching them all back to back. It was well worth the effort.

Yeah. You can have your Wire, your Sopranos, your Breaking Bad... I'll take 24 as the GOAT.

Great start.

I have a slight preference for Breaking Bad, but it's VERY slight. I'd put 24 above GOT and SOA, which are probably the other contenders for "best TV show ever" in my world.

24 is an entertaining show and I will watch it but best ever? Nah... It's pretty much the same every season with minor variances. Jack does some super hero stuff and should be dead many times over by the end of the season and Chloe (spelling?) can pretty much hack into everything within seconds.

Best ever for me is:

1. Breaking Bad

2. Twin Peaks

3. Dexter (first 4 seasons)

Yeah 24 is Arrow without the green costume. I stopped watching around Season 3, but I never hated it.

I absolutely love this show and always have. I think it's one of the best ever because it bascially changed the way network dramas are looked at. Season's 1-5 were great, with 1 and 5 probably being the best, then 6 started to feel like the writers were running out of ideas. Season 7 was sort of a redemption season with the return of Tony, the final season started out really well, but it almost felt they didn't quite know how they wanted to end it (maybe because they had Movie ideas), all in all it was a solid season.

This shorten season format is a great idea because you eliminate a lot of the filler that comes with trying to cover a full 24hr day in 24 episodes. twelve shows gets you straight to the point, and sticks completely to the story.

• 2 weeks later...

Like others, I really enjoyed the first 2 or 3 seasons and then it fell off IMO. It got a little too ridiculous and it seemed like his daughter got kidnapped every other day and it kinda lost me.

But I ****s wit Jack Bauer. I'll binge-watch it some time.

Recommend at least going through Season 5, which was by far my favorite. They only really did that with Kim the first 2 seasons.

Like others, I really enjoyed the first 2 or 3 seasons and then it fell off IMO. It got a little too ridiculous and it seemed like his daughter got kidnapped every other day and it kinda lost me.

But I ****s wit Jack Bauer. I'll binge-watch it some time.

The only thing that got more ridiculous than his daughter's kidnapping was there was a mole in CTU d@mn near every season, I mean the HR department for that organization was horrible :lol: . Still my favorite show though