Broke A Personal Rule Bros

lostone

Guest fibonacci

i do 90 percent of my shopping at Fresh market and make a monthly trip to Sams for everything else. That place is awesome

my wife tells me i can't go to the meat section sometimes. But....... I do.

And it cost me. But it's worth it carrying out beef ribs or whatever else.

I have noticed beef is nicely priced no matter where it comes from. I prefer beef from Publix or Harris Teeter.

Shrimp is getting so expensive... 2 months ago it was like 8.99 a lb now its getting to 11.99 to 12.99 a lb... insanity!!! Though NPR did inform me that this was going to happen awhile ago.

I have noticed beef is nicely priced no matter where it comes from. I prefer beef from Publix or Harris Teeter.

Shrimp is getting so expensive... 2 months ago it was like 8.99 a lb now its getting to 11.99 to 12.99 a lb... insanity!!! Though NPR did inform me that this was going to happen awhile ago.

****. Living on the beach I guess we dont have to deal with the higher prices in seafood. Im getting shrimp for a third that price down here

****. Living on the beach I guess we dont have to deal with the higher prices in seafood. Im getting shrimp for a third that price down here

Its getting crazy for shrimp. I cant remember if it was climate change or the oil spill that was linked to the cause of prices rising. I bought 5lbs of whiting for $10 and may fry some this weekend.

off topic: Getting ready for Punta Cana!!!! Though right now rain chances are high for Monday - Wednesday next week according to the weather channel I just want some sun bros... I am a pale brother :(

Guest fibonacci

I hear that the price of lobster is dropping to stupid levels. Maybe a good seafood substitute for shrimp and crab?

20$ a pound at sams

Its getting crazy for shrimp. I cant remember if it was climate change or the oil spill that was linked to the cause of prices rising. I bought 5lbs of whiting for $10 and may fry some this weekend.

off topic: Getting ready for Punta Cana!!!! Though right now rain chances are high for Monday - Wednesday next week according to the weather channel I just want some sun bros... I am a pale brother sad.png

Well, climate change is linked to everything bad that happens, so...

For the record, it was neither. There is a disease in the Asian shrimp market that is driving prices up by limiting supply.

Edited by Flip Flop

They are both good in WFWHO. I actually know people who think crawfish are nasty because they come out of rivers, streams, bayous, etc. I ask then what is the big difference? A lobster comes out of the ocean!

wZuxj.gif?w=640

do you actually copy and paste that pic every single time? Why not just make it your **** sig already?

I think plain lobster, like a whole steamed lobster served with drawn butter, is grossly overrated.

But like some good Lobster Newburg or Lobster Thermidor? Nah, crawfish ain't ******* with that.

haven't had lobster thermidor but I have had lobster newburg. I like it a lot, but it's so damned heavy its like you lose the flavor of the seafood a bit

gimme my crawfish with corn, potatoes, sausage, and mushrooms any day

I like lazy man's lobster, which is basically lobster meat, butter, breadcrumbs, and maybe some parmesan, all broiled up. It's like Newburg but not so rich.

That's my Boston tourist ritual. Hit up Union Oyster House, get some lazy man's lobster, then ride to the back bay and get loaded up before a night game at Fenway.