Do You Know If Clowney Was Reported Being In Atl Today?

CTann

Got done eating out a little over 2 hours ago (I live 10 minutes away from the Falcons facility in Flowery Branch). As I was walking out of the restaurant a guy in a Falcons hat and Falcons shirt, I've never seen him before, was walking in and I simply told him "I like your hat."

He said thanks and I asked him if he was going to watch the draft Thursday and he hesitated to say anything at first but he then finally said "I have to. It's what I do" and he gave me a smile. I said that "I think we're going to most likely stay put at #6 but you never know" and he just simply gave me another odd smile and said "Clowney's the guy. I'm sure they're trading up for him. He was there today and I'm sure he's their guy." I responded with "Yeah he could be and I've heard most of the rumors about him that have been going around but I think that's mostly smokescreen and I didn't even see anything about Clowney being in ATL for a visit today." He only said "Well we'll see on Thursday" and gave me yet again another one of his smiles.

Not sure what to think. Maybe he works at the facility (again this was 10 minutes away from Flowery Branch) and is perhaps a scout and actually has some knowledge or something? You might be wondering well if he actually did have some legitimate inside info why would he say it to a random person he doesn't know. Well do you think he actually thinks a college-aged looking dude like me is going to get in contact with some other NFL team and leak info about the Falcons?

Of course I have no credible source that I can site or anything like that other than what I just said. Makes me wonder though, there was something about his manner and his confidence in the way he said things. Might not be anything too serious like most of ya'll would probably conclude, but hey you never know. Sorry to make another Clowney thread but what else are we going to talk about? Flame Coach Petrino and his love for drafting Johnny Football each day leading up until Thursday?

smile.png

THOUGHT I SHOULD UPDATE THIS POST AND PUT THIS UP HERE ON THE FRONT

Thanks Jbo for answering the original question, "Do you know if Clowney was reported being in Atl today?"

But yeah folks I don't just believe some random guy because he said something or necessarily think that he even knows any inside info. Could just be a random fan from heck I don't know; Cheyenne, Wyoming, and is in Georgia for his first time ever. Either way I just thought it was kind of odd and wanted to know if it was reported that Clowney would be in Atl today or not. Once again, thanks Jbo.

smile.png

I just noticed that this thread has a tag that says "video inside." That was an accident. I didn't even know I put a tag.

Edited by CTann

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Got done eating out a little over 2 hours ago (I live 10 minutes away from the Falcons facility in Flowery Branch). As I was walking out of the restaurant a guy in a Falcons hat and Falcons shirt, I've never seen him before, was walking in and I simply told him "I like your hat."

He said thanks and I asked him if he was going to watch the draft Thursday and he hesitated to say anything at first but he then finally said "I have to. It's what I do" and he gave me a smile. I said that "I think we're going to most likely stay put at #6 but you never know" and he just simply gave me another odd smile and said "Clowney's the guy. I'm sure they're trading up for him. He was there today and I'm sure he's their guy." I responded with "Yeah he could be and I've heard most of the rumors about him that have been going around but I think that's mostly smokescreen and I didn't even see anything about Clowney being in ATL for a visit today." He only said "Well we'll see on Thursday" and gave me yet again another one of his smiles.

Not sure what to think. Maybe he works at the facility (again this was 10 minutes away from Flowery Branch) and is perhaps a scout and actually has some knowledge or something? You might be wondering well if he actually did have some legitimate inside info why would he say it to a random person he doesn't know. Well do you think he actually thinks a college-aged looking dude like me is going to get in contact with some other NFL team and leak info about the Falcons?

Of course I have no credible source that I can site or anything like that other than what I just said. Makes me wonder though, there was something about his manner and his confidence in the way he said things. Might not be anything too serious like most of ya'll would probably conclude, but hey you never know. Sorry to make another Clowney thread but what else are we going to talk about? Flame Coach Petrino and his love for drafting Johnny Football each day leading up until Thursday?

smile.png

He was either telling you the truth or wanted you to walk with him around the corner the way he was smirking at you man

Guest fibonacci

He was either telling you the truth or wanted you to walk with him around the corner the way he was smirking at you man

i heard from a friends mothers boy friends husband, that he tried the ol', "dang i dropped my pin, can you bend over and pick that up"

Guest fibonacci

LMFAO GDawg wants factual information

i want facts to. Like

Who is lukes father?

Why do birds and bees screw?

Why am i losing my hair?

What time is it?

What was in the suit case in pulp fiction?

Why is it i can pee without taking a dump, but i can't take a dump without peeing?

Who was the first guy to say, "hey I'm going to suck on that cows tit?

What's on the other side of the moon?

How did we see Armstrong stepping onto the moon off of the craft, yet he was the first man to do it? how the heck did we get a camera out there? How did we see him while he was in the shadow?

I need answers. And i need them now.

Also what happened to my twinkies?¿?

at this point I think we are going to do one of 2 things, either trade up for Clowney or stay put and draft Jake Matthews and I can't disagree with either decision but i did some of my own scouting of Clowney last season when our season looked like he was going no where and I didn't know much about the guy but I got to see a couple SC games and I was really impressed by what I saw.

One thing I like about Clowney that will improve this defense is how well he plays the read option, which as been a weakness for our defense the past couple seasons and I came across this video on youtube that someone put together of (in their opinion) Clowney's top 10 plays. I mean how can you not be impressed by Clowney?

What people fail to realize is that, with Soliai and Jackson, there are too many people to have to double. Soliai requires a double. If there are only 5 OL, that means only 3 left for Clowney, Mass and Jackson, assuming those are the 4 DL. Teams won't single block Clowney, which means you are forcing teams to chip or leave a TE/RB in to block. That takes a player out of the route, opening the door for a blitz. It's a lot easier to cover 3-4 routes with pressure vs 4-5 routes and no pressure.

Guest fibonacci

Only if it's a Saints fan in chic fila

hey hey, go back to your watering hole with ssk and kevo.

I said get