The Board's Coming Implosion On Thursday

With 40% of board members insisting that we need a tackle, 40% of thinking we need an edge rusher, and 20% of us happy with either Clowney/Mack/Robinson/Lewan/Matthews (but thinking that anyone else is a reach), we all know that the board is going to crash sometime around 9:00 PM on Thursday night. It's going to crash again around 8:00 PM on Friday night after the losers from the previous night get home, drink a few, and get the idea that a bunch of "Fire TD" threads is just what we need for civil discourse in these parts.

Just to go on record: It's all in good fun, y'all. Don't create a bunch of posts that paint yourself into a corner and have you rooting against the picks just to prove that you were right all along. Rooting against the player is rooting against the team, and that is not cool.

There's no right or wrong (except in hindsight) so even if you don't like the pick, don't hate the team because of it. Even if you don't respond to this, please take it to heart. Peace out.

I like it man. I really do hope that whomever is picked that they get the support of ALL the fans at least until they prove unworthy. I myself cannot stand people who automatically dislike a player solely because it wasn't the guy they wanted or he went to a bad school , etc ....

Lets try and be supportive and be excited for these kids. They deserve it. If it turns out that they do fail and maybe a few were right all along then by all means , gloat and act like buttheads. I know it can't be helped with many of you.

I like Clowney but there are too many great moves here for the Falcons...... I feel really good about this draft with our F.O. and position.........

But yeah I also see whats coming here.....

bombs-explosions_00392888.gif

Edited by GTBF54

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people voicing their opinion on if they don't like a certain pick. That i have no problem with. But people rooting for a player to do bad is different. Although, i can't recall many people rooting for players to do bad.

I'm just going to ignore any topics of people who i don't recongnize the name because its the same thing on game days. People who never post on here log in to make a garbage thread.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people voicing their opinion on if they don't like a certain pick. That i have no problem with. But people rooting for a player to do bad is different. Although, i can't recall many people rooting for players to do bad.

I'm just going to ignore any topics of people who i don't recongnize the name because its the same thing on game days. People who never post on here log in to make a garbage thread.

It happens all the time. It's just done in a subtle way.

If we get one of the following, I will be fine:

• Jadeveon Clowney
  • Khalil Mack
  • Greg Robinson
  • Jake Matthews
  • Taylor Lewan
  • Aaron Donald

there is 6 players and we are drafting #6 - there is NO SCENARIO where at least one of those 6 won't be available. Gimme one of those 6 and I will be happy.

The only trade that will pizz me is if we give up this year's 2nd rounder (in any trade) and if we give up our 2nd rounder this year and 1st rounder next year to move all the way up for Clowney - I'm OK w/ giving up next year's 1st and something 3rd round or later this year - but not both this year's 2nd and next year's 1st.

Both chat and Tatf are going to be "rolling" during the draft. Rather than merging threads how about the Mods put up an official "I love the picks," or "I hate the picks" pinned threads. They can get rid of garbage threads.. or just let them roll into oblivion.

• Jadeveon Clowney
  • Khalil Mack
  • Greg Robinson
  • Jake Matthews
  • Taylor Lewan
  • Aaron Donald

there is 6 players and we are drafting #6 - there is NO SCENARIO where at least one of those 6 won't be available. Gimme one of those 6 and I will be happy.

The only trade that will pizz me is if we give up this year's 2nd rounder (in any trade) and if we give up our 2nd rounder this year and 1st rounder next year to move all the way up for Clowney - I'm OK w/ giving up next year's 1st and something 3rd round or later this year - but not both this year's 2nd and next year's 1st.

The intellectual giants will be out in full force Thursday night......GET READY.

Both chat and Tatf are going to be "rolling" during the draft. Rather than merging threads how about the Mods put up an official "I love the picks," or "I hate the picks" pinned threads. They can get rid of garbage threads.. or just let them roll into oblivion.

It won't work. As soon as they see that their threads have been moved, they'll post new ones in record time (along with multiple threads complaining about the mods moving their old ones) and that will break the board even worse. People love to see their thread titles on the switchboard.

I actually trust Dimitroff at the top of the draft. There's no way at this point he doesn't understand we are talent depleted on the line of scrimmage. I don't see a scenario where we trade up and lose the 37th overall pick. I think he is posturing on the trade up to #1, really I do. I see us staying put at 6 or trading back no further then 10 and getting another pick or a future pick.

The cupboard isn't bare by any stretch but he needs to go to the grocery store to get a few things.

If we do trade up it should be for mid round picks and future consideration only.

If we give up the 37th overall pick I will personally drive 20 minutes to Flowery Branch and give Dimitroff a savate kick to the ribs.

It won't work. As soon as they see that their threads have been moved, they'll post new ones in record time (along with multiple threads complaining about the mods moving their old ones) and that will break the board even worse. People love to see their thread titles on the switchboard.

Not talking about moving or merging threads.

Not talking about moving or merging threads.

My bad. But they will avoid the official threads and post two threads for every one that is removed. Been here long enough to see that they will want their frustrations to be felt and validated in a good argument about how much smarter they are than the GM.

I actually trust Dimitroff at the top of the draft. There's no way at this point he doesn't understand we are talent depleted on the line of scrimmage. I don't see a scenario where we trade up and lose the 37th overall pick. I think he is posturing on the trade up to #1, really I do. I see us staying put at 6 or trading back no further then 10 and getting another pick or a future pick.

The cupboard isn't bare by any stretch but he needs to go to the grocery store to get a few things.

If we do trade up it should be for mid round picks and future consideration only.

If we give up the 37th overall pick I will personally drive 20 minutes to Flowery Branch and give Dimitroff a savate kick to the ribs.

I will bail you out - just need the address to the Flowery Branch jail - please send so I can use GPS.

My bad. But they will avoid the official threads and post two threads for every one that is removed. Been here long enough to see that they will want their frustrations to be felt and validated in a good argument about how much smarter they are than the GM.

I have been here a good long time as well. I think it is simple... let everyone know where they can post their super genius GM ideas, and opinions... and lock the others and let them roll to oblivion.

• Jadeveon Clowney
  • Khalil Mack
  • Greg Robinson
  • Jake Matthews
  • Taylor Lewan
  • Aaron Donald

I'm with g-dawg, I'll be happy with pretty much any player, will only be upset if we lose pick 37 in the process. Its not the year to get fancy. As Mayock said, you want to keep your picks or get more this year.