Jake Matthews

I think he is a good player but don't think he fits what Blank and company have been talking about the whole offseason. Getting tougher. He is the type of player we are moving away from. Don't see him running to defend Ryan like he was talking about in that Saints game.

Therefore I think we go with Lewan at 6. We don't need a bunch of nice guys. Football is a physical game. I can see Lewan going before Matthews. The major reason I see TD taking Matthews is the bloodlines. But I think its Lewan.

I don't think we are going to base the decision between Matthews vs Lewan based on because Lewan would have defended Ryan. How about lets get a guy who protects Ryan the best so he doesn't get pressured a league high 206 times. Thats the guy i want. Screw whoever is "nastier". Get the best OT.

I don't think we are going to base the decision between Matthews vs Lewan based on because Lewan would have defended Ryan. How about lets get a guy who protects Ryan the best so he doesn't get pressured a league high 206 times. Thats the guy i want. Screw whoever is "nastier". Get the best OT.

If ryan has protection he isn't running around the open field getting targeted by vacarro.

Just sayin

People are so caught up in the targeting stuff. Ryan is a pocket passer. He shouldn't be out in the open field. He should be standing in the pocket for 5 seconds picking you apart. That's where Matthews excels.

I'm not saying play out of control and crazy. Dahl like is what I'm saying. Mayock has Lewan. But if the owner of the team is talking about getting tougher I don't see Matthews being the pick. MOF I think we really want Robinson but will have to take Lewan.

I think he is a good player but don't think he fits what Blank and company have been talking about the whole offseason. Getting tougher. He is the type of player we are moving away from. Don't see him running to defend Ryan like he was talking about in that Saints game.

Therefore I think we go with Lewan at 6. We don't need a bunch of nice guys. Football is a physical game. I can see Lewan going before Matthews. The major reason I see TD taking Matthews is the bloodlines. But I think its Lewan.

Bloodlines talk is just chatter to me. There are plenty of dudes drafted into the NFL that have bloodlines but never last. That is all propaganda IMO

Players have to match/fit what u are trying to do. If we supposedly got stronger and tougher guys in FA like Asamoah, Jax, DT from MIA, then why would we go away from that in the draft? They go hand and hand.

Yeah Matthews is a technician but that's not all we need right now. Nobody fears us. The Bengals came in and said it. Lewan is a top 3 OT and nasty.

I question the idea that Lewan is tougher than any other OL in this draft. He has gotten this bad 4$$ reputation from a bar fight. Nothing more.

His shoving matches on the field were nothing more than frustration. He was often beaten and had to resort to holding and was penalized for it. He didn't like that and he often stepped over the line. That is not a sign of toughness, that is a sign of immaturity.

Now, Lewan may be a tough guy, deep down inside, but I doubt that he is any tougher than Jake Matthews.