Walterfootball's Latest 7-Round Mock Draft Has Atlanta Selecting:

theProf

6. Atlanta Falcons: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn

It's been speculated that the Falcons want to move up for Jadeveon Clowney, but that's no longer a possibility if the Texans just take him. Thus, if Houston does go with Clowney, it's likely that Atlanta will just stay put at No. 6 and draft the best player available who makes sense for them.

The Falcons would prefer a pass-rusher like Clowney or Khalil Mack, but Greg Robinson is not a bad consolation prize. He would fill an immediate need at right tackle and would eventually move over the blind side, unless Mike Tice does a great job of coaching up Sam Baker, which could easily happen. Either way, Matt Ryan's protection will improve tremendously.

*** OTHER 2014 NFL DRAFT POSSIBILITIES: ***

1. Jake Matthews, OT - The Falcons would love Khalil Mack, but it's almost impossible that he'd get by St. Louis, Jacksonville and Oakland. Thus, Jake Matthews would be Atlanta's top option if Greg Robinson is off the board.

2. Trade Up - Would the Falcons move up for Mack? It's doubtful, but not impossible.

37. Atlanta Falcons: Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn

If the Falcons can't obtain Jadeveon Clowney or Khalil Mack in the first round, they'll almost certainly draft a pass-rusher here. Dee Ford fits what Thomas Dimitroff looks for in a prospect. I'm sure Mike Smith would love to have Ford on his team after the Auburn pass-rusher destroyed his offense at the Senior Bowl.

68. Atlanta Falcons: Deone Bucannon, S, Washington State

The Falcons addressed a bunch of needs this offseason, but one hole that remains is the safety position, as the team recently cut Thomas DeCoud.

103. Atlanta Falcons: Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia

The Falcons may search for their running back of the future in the middle rounds. Steven Jackson won't be around much longer if he keeps playing like he did in 2013.

139. Atlanta Falcons: Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia

Tony Gonzalez could always return, but the Falcons need to add another tight end because chances are that he's gone for good.

147. Atlanta Falcons: Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami

As you can read in our 2014 NFL Draft Rumors page, offensive line coach Mike Tice really took a liking to Seantrel Henderson at the Senior Bowl.

182. Atlanta Falcons: Nevin Lawson, CB, Utah State

The Falcons could stand to add some corner depth, so they may want to try someone they coached at the Senior Bowl.

220. Atlanta Falcons: Michael Sam, DE, Missouri

The Falcons are familiar with Michael Sam from the Senior Bowl, so perhaps they'd be willing to take a shot on him late in the draft.

253. Atlanta Falcons: Jonathan Brown, OLB, Illinois

The Falcons haven't added linebacker depth yet, so this selection makes sense

255. Atlanta Falcons: Kadeem Edwards, G, Tennessee State

The interior offensive line is another area the Falcons have ignored up until now.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

I like it. Not sure if Seantrel is even drafted now because of the fact he tested positive for marijuana at the combine. And i don't love Arthur Lynch. He has some pretty terrible hands at time, but i wouldn't cry about getting him late. And i don't want Sam on the team just because of the media attention.

However, I don't think Robinson is there at 6, Ford at 37, and even Bucannon could be gone by our 3rd round pick.

Tice had a bromance with him at the combine .....unsure.png

No, Tice gave him slightly more time during the Senior Bowl. Then Henderson proceeded to stop bothering halfway through the game. They have shown absolutely no interest in him besides that. There is a negative likelihood of the Falcons drafting him. Not happening.

No, Tice gave him slightly more time during the Senior Bowl. Then Henderson proceeded to stop bothering halfway through the game. They have shown absolutely no interest in him besides that. There is a negative likelihood of the Falcons drafting him. Not happening.

Yea, sorry meant to say SB ....what the heck, Babs tokes too they can room together in camp ...cool.png

The only way Greg falls to us is if multiple QB's are taken ahead of us, and then its still a slim chance.

Walter has multiple WRs and one QB being taken in first 5 picks as follows:

1. Houston Texans: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

2. St. Louis Rams: Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Buffalo

3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

4. Cleveland Browns: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M

5. Oakland Raiders: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

Walter has multiple WRs and one QB being taken in first 5 picks as follows:

1. Houston Texans: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

2. St. Louis Rams: Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Buffalo

3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

4. Cleveland Browns: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M

5. Oakland Raiders: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M

http://walterfootbal...m/draft2014.php

there is ZERO chance of this top 5.

Zero OTs in the top 5 would be a miracle.

If Watkins is gone by 3, I think a team would could look to leapfrog Tampa to get Mike Evans. maybe the Lions? sounds like a bad joke with Detroit and their history of WR picks in the 1st round, but I think even with picking up Tate in free agency, the Lions would benefit a ton by adding another outside threat and letting Tate work from the slot. They have a pretty good TE in Pettigrew and of course Reggie Bush had an outstanding year last year. that would actually be a really scary offense, hope they don't get Evans!

So I think it's at least plausible that these five players are the top 5 picks

If Watkins is gone by 3, I think a team would could look to leapfrog Tampa to get Mike Evans. maybe the Lions? sounds like a bad joke with Detroit and their history of WR picks in the 1st round, but I think even with picking up Tate in free agency, the Lions would benefit a ton by adding another outside threat and letting Tate work from the slot. They have a pretty good TE in Pettigrew and of course Reggie Bush had an outstanding year last year. that would actually be a really scary offense, hope they don't get Evans!

So I think it's at least plausible that these five players are the top 5 picks

None of that matters as long as Stafford keeps throwin the ball to the other team. :)

I like it overall, but don't like the Henderson or Sam selections.

Henderson because, even if you took away his laziness / attitude / character concerns, we'd have no room on the roster for another OT if we add Robinson ... and Sam because we'd have no room for another developmental pass rusher on top of Maponga on the roster, either.

Would be more interested in an NT or ILB with those picks.

No way.......

Sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter that Miami OT Seantrel Henderson tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Combine.

It's another red flag for a talented player that has been plagued by off-field issues since stepping foot on Miami's campus. Henderson was a part-time player last season, getting suspended for violations of team rules. He also failed to complete his Pro Day a month ago because he felt "dehydrated and sick." Henderson has the natural talent of a Day 2 pick, but likely won't hear his name called until the late rounds at best now.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

May 5 - 9:03 AM