Who Do We Blame If Tyson Jackson Is A Bust Again

It seems like the Tyson Jackson signing has been welcomed by all in Falconland - purely on the basis that he's a linemen and we need a linemen. But, Tyson Jackson was a bust ever since he reached the NFL, and the Falcons signing him just seems like Pioli jumping on an opportunity for selfish reasons.

Falcons need a DT, Pioli thinks, why not sign one of my old draft picks? If Jackson turns out, Pioli was right all along. In ya face KC.

Tyson Jackson was a 3rd overall pick that Pioli drafted in KC. So far in the NFL, he has 9 sacks (4 in his contract year) over his 5 year career.. Jackson is being paid 5M a year to play for us. This is what you have to ask yourself. 5M a year to...

If Jackson turns out to be a FA bust, like Ray Edwards was, who do we blame? Dimitroff or Pioli?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyson Jackson is your stereotypical 5-tech DE for us. He is a 2 gap run stuffer. His contribution to the pass rush is freeing up other guys to go one on one or even be unblocked. The same is true for Soliai.

Solai is a good signing - except for his age (which could be an issue for DL over 30). I won't argue with that one

I love playing the 'Blame Game." I would blame Tyson Jackson if he turns out to be a complete bust (unless he was injured).

Why would blaming Tyson Jackson make sense? You can't blame him if he's put into a situation in which he can't succeed in.

For example, if someone threw a newborn into the pool and the newborn drowned, do you blame the newborn for not being able to swim? Or do you blame the thrower?

Why would blaming Tyson Jackson make sense? You can't blame him if he's put into a situation in which he can't succeed in.

For example, if someone threw a newborn into the pool and the newborn drowned, do you blame the newborn for not being able to swim? Or do you blame the thrower?

Jackson is a grown man that chose the career of playing football. If he doesnt succeed he is responsible for a good bit of it

Tyson was like so many other guys who are over-drafted. It happens every year. A guy is taken high in the first rd when he probably should've been taken in the second. I remember when he was drafted and most of the experts were scratching their head going, "what is KC thinking" Most people felt they could've passed on him at the top of the 1st and traded back up into the bottom of the 1st and still got him. He's never going to be a great pass rusher because that's not his strength and never has been. I don't blame Tyson for the failures of Piola. He hasn't live up to his draft position because he shouldn't have been drafted that high to start with. Is he worth 5 million? I don't think so but I think we paid Babs close to 5 million last year and he wasn't worth it either. I don't think we'd be calling Jackson a bust if he'd been drafted in the second rd, which is where he should've been taken.

I blame the newborn for not being able to swim.

Tyson was like so many other guys who are over-drafted. It happens every year. A guy is taken high in the first rd when he probably should've been taken in the second. I remember when he was drafted and most of the experts were scratching their head going, "what is KC thinking" Most people felt they could've passed on him at the top of the 1st and traded back up into the bottom of the 1st and still got him. He's never going to be a great pass rusher because that's not his strength and never has been. I don't blame Tyson for the failures of Piola. He hasn't live up to his draft position because he shouldn't have been drafted that high to start with. Is he worth 5 million? I don't think so but I think we paid Babs close to 5 million last year and he wasn't worth it either. I don't think we'd be calling Jackson a bust if he'd been drafted in the second rd, which is where he should've been taken.

Agree with your statement. He was over drafted but you can't really blame him for that. But if he was overdrafted once it's not unreasonable that he's overpaid the second time since it's the same guy selecting him.

Jackson is a grown man that chose the career of playing football. If he doesnt succeed he is responsible for a good bit of it

If a team offered a guy like Joey Harrington 20M a year to start at QB, and he fails, I don't think he's really that responsible. Yes he chose to sign the contract, but you can't really expect him to turn it down though right.

Newborns can swim dudelaugh.png . ever heard of a water birth?

It's obvious you don't even know what the signing is for. Go watch how he was used in KC.

Plus, he is only making $3.75MM in base the first two years. That is nowhere near the $5MM per year you're trying to make it out to be. He can be cut before the third year. As a top tier, run stopping presence in 3 man looks, he is a good signing. But since you only see "DE" as his position, you automatically look for sacks. Sad.

It seems like the Tyson Jackson signing has been welcomed by all in Falconland - purely on the basis that he's a linemen and we need a linemen. But, Tyson Jackson was a bust ever since he reached the NFL, and the Falcons signing him just seems like Pioli jumping on an opportunity for selfish reasons.

Falcons need a DT, Pioli thinks, why not sign one of my old draft picks? If Jackson turns out, Pioli was right all along. In ya face KC.

Tyson Jackson was a 3rd overall pick that Pioli drafted in KC. So far in the NFL, he has 9 sacks (4 in his contract year) over his 5 year career.. Jackson is being paid 5M a year to play for us. This is what you have to ask yourself. 5M a year to...

If Jackson turns out to be a FA bust, like Ray Edwards was, who do we blame? Dimitroff or Pioli?

None of two. You for jinx.