Do Not Give Up Picks This Draft Is Too Deep

Cool story, Dimitroff. Just ignore the state the team is in because of that line of thought.

or we can continue with the drafting of mediocre, safe picks. And we can continue with the trend of running a bbdb defense.

we can continue to have an offense who scores but a defense who can't stop anyone. We can keep going with a below average D, hoping that brees suddenly stops scoring...

OR....

we can get a guy that will makes Brees life a living heII until he retires.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tavon Austin went in 1st and Dion Jordan top 5 .. just a little bit off

I'm aware. There is a lot of flux in draft grades between October, when I posted that mock, and draft day. Looking over my early mocks for this year isn't much different, namely being high on Tuitt to start off with and being somewhat low on Aaron Donald. It happens.

How in the world can some of you guys keep saying that pass rush is our biggest need ? For Pete's sake, we have a hundred million dollar asset in our franchise QB, who got hit more times last year than Rocky Balboa. We almost went to the Super Bowl a couple of years ago with a shoddy defense. If our QB goes down for any length of time, we will go nowhere and might be looking to draft a QB.

I have never been a harsh critic of TD, but if he trades up to get Clowney an wastes our draft picks , while leaving our QB to get mauled all year, then I will join the TD Bashers .

Because the pass rush is non-existent?

Tavon Austin went in 1st and Dion Jordan top 5 .. just a little bit off

Does that not show that he's a good at evaluating talent?

I'm assuming that Jordan wasn't being considered as a top 5 pick when he said it. I had Ja'wuan James going to us in the fourth in my first mock this year, as that's where he was projected. He's now considered a second round pick, with some even saying he might sneak into the bottom of the first. Does that make me an idiot? No. It means that I "theoretically" made a good pick at that time because people now rate him a lot higher.

How in the world can some of you guys keep saying that pass rush is our biggest need ? For Pete's sake, we have a hundred million dollar asset in our franchise QB, who got hit more times last year than Rocky Balboa. We almost went to the Super Bowl a couple of years ago with a shoddy defense. If our QB goes down for any length of time, we will go nowhere and might be looking to draft a QB.

I have never been a harsh critic of TD, but if he trades up to get Clowney an wastes our draft picks , while leaving our QB to get mauled all year, then I will join the TD Bashers .

why didn't we get to the Bowl that year? was it because our shoddy defense couldn't hold a big lead after halftime in 2 games in a row???

Because the pass rush is non-existent?

It was non existent because we had no push in the middle, We could have had 4 stud pass rushing DE's and they would be useless since every QB we face could just casually step up in the pocket to avoid them since our interior Dline could never collapse the pocket.

Fixing the interior Dline will fix the pass rush and fixing the Oline is even more important as that will keep our defense off the field.

No matter what the simple minded fools on this board think creating pass rush is not just drafting 1st round DE's and having them run at the QB 24/7.

Edited by MAD597

It was non existent because we had no push in the middle, We could have had 4 stud pass rushing DE's and they would be useless since every QB we face could just casually step up in the pocket to avoid them since our interior Dline could never collapse the pocket.

Fixing the interior Dline will fix the pass rush and fixing the Oline is even more important as that will keep our defense off the field.

No matter what the simple minded fools on this board think creating pass rush is not just drafting 1st round DE's and having them run at the QB 24/7.

I agree, but we don't have any high picks at DE. Osi was drafted in the second, Biermann in the fifth, Goodman in the fourth, Matthews in the seventh, Maponga in the fifth and Mass in the fifth. It's not like we draft a first rounder at the position every year and call them all busts!

It is not deep in premier OTs or premier LBs or TEs etc etc. What is your point?

It's much deeper in OT's than passrushers. OT has Grob, Matthews, Lewan, Moses, Jawuan James, Kouandjio.

Passrushers are Clowney and Mack. Barr will bust imo and Ford may or may not be better than whom we already have. We need somebody to be great on our D-line, we already have the supporting cast.