Josh Mauro De Stanford

This is a guy who I haven't heard much of until recently. Some "experts" have him going in the 7th round or undrafted (I've seen projections of 4th-6th round on some sites) and seem to doubt his ability to play in the NFL. His combine numbers also aren't the greatest but combine numbers don't automatically guarantee NFL success or failure. What I've seen of him on tape looks great! Looks like he can play DE in the 3-4 looks and DT in the 4-3 looks. He's listed at 6'6" 282. His listed size makes you think that he'd be too small but just watching him play really catches my attention.

Of course this is only his highlights and not film that shows his weaknesses. Watch this video, or at least some of it, and let me know what you think of him. To me, he looks like he could be a decent later round pick. Sometimes its hard to tell exactly who is responsible for Stanford's front 7 success because they are a stout group, but this guy looks like he was a key component that allowed guys like Murphy and Skov to make plays.

Would love Mauro, had him in a few of my mocks. If we get lucky he will be there in the 6th

This is a guy who I haven't heard much of until recently. Some "experts" have him going in the 7th round or undrafted (I've seen projections of 4th-6th round on some sites) and seem to doubt his ability to play in the NFL. His combine numbers also aren't the greatest but combine numbers don't automatically guarantee NFL success or failure. What I've seen of him on tape looks great! Looks like he can play DE in the 3-4 looks and DT in the 4-3 looks. He's listed at 6'6" 282. His listed size makes you think that he'd be too small but just watching him play really catches my attention.

Of course this is only his highlights and not film that shows his weaknesses. Watch this video, or at least some of it, and let me know what you think of him. To me, he looks like he could be a decent later round pick. Sometimes its hard to tell exactly who is responsible for Stanford's front 7 success because they are a stout group, but this guy looks like he was a key component that allowed guys like Murphy and Skov to make plays.

If JM spent all his training time focused on getting his pop off the snap quicker he will be a steal.

Quite a few 3-4 DE types that will be there in the mid to late rounds. Ben Gardner, Taylor Hart, Mauro, Ed Stinson, DeAndre Coleman.....we should be able to get someone in the fifth or maybe even the sixth round.

Quite a few 3-4 DE types that will be there in the mid to late rounds. Ben Gardner, Taylor Hart, Mauro, Ed Stinson, DeAndre Coleman.....we should be able to get someone in the fifth or maybe even the sixth round.

my favorite 3-4 DE is Will Clarke but I heard he is rising up draft boards and will probably go early third round.