So.. Time For Fantasy Football Yet?

Guest King Jigsaw

Guest King Jigsaw

I'm trying to decide who my number 1 will be on my draft board. Obviously a lot depends on what pick I get. On one hand, it's hard to argue with what Jamaal Charles did last year and I made the mistake of taking Doug Martin instead of him last year. On the other hand, LeSean McCoy is my favorite running back but the Eagles just brought in Sproles which I think takes some value away.

What players do you guys lean towards in the first round?

Im pretty sure AP is going to be the #1 player on my board. Have to see what they do a QB first. I think between Patterson and Rudolph they have the beginnings of a solid passing game.

I think Doug Martin is going to have a really good bounce back season. He was #2 on my board last season. Charles I think is going to regress slightly this season. I think with the OL defections and their passing game being weak, more teams will be able key on him. I think he still will be worth a very high pick but will come down a little bit.

Guest King Jigsaw

Last year I had the 4th pick and AP, Foster, and Lynch went off the board before me. It was a PPR league so it came down to Martin or Charles and I really had been talking up Charles but went with Martin and he does nothing before breaking his shoulder while Charles has this incredible year. Kinda made me a little sick.

Good news is I can probably get Martin in the 2nd this year with his stock being low.

• 1 month later...

i drafted sjax in the 12th round and picked up freeman 2nd to last pick. who do you guys see getting more fantasy points . and i feel like adding falcons def to go along with rams def but id have to drop either sjax or freeman should i do tht?

McCoy is #1 this year IMO.

So I've got a bit of a dilemma in my keeper league. We keep 3 and McCoy and AP are my two locks. For my 3rd I'm debating between Brady and Harvin thanks to Josh Gordon channeling his inner Nick Nolte this offseason. Now I think Brady is the best fantasy player and there's alot of question marks with Harvin, but right now I'm leaning Harvin due to the situation in the league.

Available QB's will include Foles, Romo, Kaepernick, Wilson, Rivers, Dalton, and possibly Matt Ryan along with Brady if I let him go, with only 4, maybe 5 teams needing a QB. At WR you're looking at Cobb, Vincent Jackson, Fitz, Welker, and Garcon being the best available. I'm thinking I need to hang on to Harvin since QB is so much deeper than WR will be.

What do you guys think?

Guest King Jigsaw

I've actually never done a keeper league before. Sounds kinda interesting, but I don't think the other guys in my league are up to the idea.

I don't think Brady is going to be that much better than Romo, if it at all, this year so it seems easy to say stick with a top receiver and roll the dice on your QBs.

Last year I had the 4th pick and AP, Foster, and Lynch went off the board before me. It was a PPR league so it came down to Martin or Charles and I really had been talking up Charles but went with Martin and he does nothing before breaking his shoulder while Charles has this incredible year. Kinda made me a little sick.

Good news is I can probably get Martin in the 2nd this year with his stock being low.

Exact same scenario in both my leagues last year. I had the 4th pick in both and took Martin in one and Charles in the other. I won a championship in one of those leagues. I'm sure you can guess which one. I'd be stuck between AP and Charles for the 1st pick. I'd pick Shady in a heartbeat if Sproles wouldn't have signed with them.

Guest King Jigsaw

I have only played 3 years now, 2 my first year, 2 the next, only 1 last year which was boring as all heII to only have one.

I'll definitely join at least one random league on top of my main league this year to help keep myself entertained.

Wouldn't be opposed to doing an AFMB one. Though I know one of asshoIes will end up taking Julio like 8th overall. >_>

Guest King Jigsaw

Will any of the Falcons RB make a fantasy impact this year?

Steven Jackson is a low-end RB2 in a 10-team league and a high end flex.

Devonta Freeman shouldn't be drafted in leagues with fewer than 12 teams and he's a handcuff at this point with minimal value unless SJax goes down.

Quizz.. Meh.

Guest King Jigsaw

Just joined my first real league for the year yesterday. Draft went pretty well and I've already sent out 6 trade requests.

Safe to say I'm addicted to trading..

Just joined my first real league for the year yesterday. Draft went pretty well and I've already sent out 6 trade requests.

Safe to say I'm addicted to trading..

It gets addicting for sure. Love Football Sundays regardless, but it's even better watching certain games and teams that don't really matter just to see how some of your players perform.

Guest King Jigsaw

It gets addicting for sure. Love Football Sundays regardless, but it's even better watching certain games and teams that don't really matter just to see how some of your players perform.

I absolutely agree. I'm known as the Trader Thomas of my leagues because I send out so many trades and I try to get players from different teams so I care more about other games. That + NFL Sunday Ticket makes for very entertaining Sundays.

Guest King Jigsaw

What do you guys think about this roster? 10-Team Standard, just jumped in a random lobby and this is what it looked like after my draft.

QB: Matthew Stafford, Johnny Manziel

RB: Jamaal Charles, Steven Jackson, Lamar Miller

RB: Montee Ball, Bishop Sankey, Khiry Robinson

WR: Dez Bryant, Michael Crabtree

WR: Julio Jones, Mike Wallace

TE: Jordan Cameron, Zack Ertz

D: Bengals

K: Dan Bailey