Lets See How Many Lawyers A Billion Dollars Can Buy And Hush Folks

Nono

Read something this morning where V Stiviano said she didn't think Donald Sterling was a racist in his heart. My guess is everyone has lawyered up and the law suits are about to fly. Huge defamation suits galore. Everyone gets sued.

Makes me sick, the whole debacle takes away from the playoff focus. This will drag out for several years and the lawyers will be the only one to come out ahead.

The list of possible people who wanted to buy the Clippers was so disgusting. It looked like opportunist jumping a carcass before it was dead. Magic and Oprah etc. Lets see where the chips fall before we make any more conclusions.

Edited by Nono

Supposedly he admitted that he was on the tape and that he knew she would record him, so I am not sure how this applies to a defamation suit? He may try and sue her, but he would only be suing to get the stuff he bought from her back.

I also do not see how it affects the NBA, that he is suing her. He is being kicked out of the NBA( if they vote him out), because he is harming the brand. Not necessarily because he is a racist.

"The list of possible people who wanted to buy the Clippers was so disgusting. It looked like opportunist jumping a carcass before it was dead. Magic and Oprah etc. Lets see where the chips fall before we make any more conclusions."

THAT's what you find disgusting in all this?

Okie

Dokie

Read something this morning where V Stiviano said she didn't think Donald Sterling was a racist in his heart. My guess is everyone has lawyered up and the law suits are about to fly. Huge defamation suits galore. Everyone gets sued.

Makes me sick, the whole debacle takes away from the playoff focus. This will drag out for several years and the lawyers will be the only one to come out ahead.

The list of possible people who wanted to buy the Clippers was so disgusting. It looked like opportunist jumping a carcass before it was dead. Magic and Oprah etc. Lets see where the chips fall before we make any more conclusions.

LOL, so you think Stiviano's lawyer called up Sterling's lawyer and goes "hey, listen. My client already leaked the tape and did catastrophic and irreparable harm to your client's reputation. He was banned for life, fined $2.5 million, and is about to be forced to sell the team. But if you don't pay us some hush money, my client is going to deliver the crippling blow and say that her opinion, the man on those tapes is in fact a racist."

Does Sterling's lawyer say:

A. "No, please, we'll pay millions, PLEASE don't let her slander him in this interview;"

Or

B. "**** you."

I'll take B for $500, Alex. My guess, and this is the defense attorney in me, her lawyer defending her in suit filed against her by Sterling's wife told her to keep her mouth shut and not do anymore damage to her case.

But yeah, to **** with all those lawyers, amirite?

"The list of possible people who wanted to buy the Clippers was so disgusting. It looked like opportunist jumping a carcass before it was dead. Magic and Oprah etc. Lets see where the chips fall before we make any more conclusions."

THAT's what you find disgusting in all this?

Okie

Dokie

Good team in LA. Who wouldn't want to buy it. Everyone is putting their name in the hat. LA is THE Basketball City.

LOL, so you think Stiviano's lawyer called up Sterling's lawyer and goes "hey, listen. My client already leaked the tape and did catastrophic and irreparable harm to your client's reputation. He was banned for life, fined $2.5 million, and is about to be forced to sell the team. But if you don't pay us some hush money, my client is going to deliver the crippling blow and say that her opinion, the man on those tapes is in fact a racist."

A. "No, please, we'll pay millions, PLEASE don't let her slander him in this interview;"

Or

B. "**** you."

I'll take B for $500, Alex. My guess, and this is the defense attorney in me, her lawyer defending her in suit filed against her by Sterling's wife told her to keep her mouth shut and not do anymore damage to her case.

The lawsuit by Sterling's estranged wife does not make sense to me. She is suing her for her husband spending lavishing gifts on her?

Or

B. "**** you."

BTW, I've never said "**** you" to another lawyer, despite using it in yay example above. It's unprofessional behavior in which I refuse, especially as a young attorney trying to build my reputation, to engage.

Not that I haven't wanted to though, haha.

BTW, I've never said "**** you" to another lawyer, despite using it in yay example above. It's unprofessional behavior in which I refuse, especially as a young attorney trying to build my reputation, to engage.

Not that I haven't wanted to though, haha.

You don't actually SAY "#**& you" . . .

You say "Do you have law on that?"

or "Counselor"

Supposedly he admitted that he was on the tape and that he knew she would record him, so I am not sure how this applies to a defamation suit?

Does that count as consent to be recorded? I am pretty sure in California, both parties have to consent to being recorded.