The Falcons Have Put Barr Through Three Workouts During The Pre-Draft Process

11:09 a.m. ET - There hasn't been a ton of talk regarding UCLA OLB Anthony Barr, but I expect him to come off the board within the first eleven picks in the draft and possibly as high as No. 6 to Atlanta, if the top three offensive tackles are taken within the first five picks. The Falcons have put Barr through three workouts during the pre-draft process, which makes me believe he's their fallback option at No. 6, if the three tackles go early. Barr reminds me alot of a young DeMarcus Ware in the way he can dip and bend coming off the edge, and he has a huge upside since he's still just learning the game on the defensive side of the ball. -Al Fronczak

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2014_NFL_Draft.html

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I wanted no part of Barr. After watching a lot of tape on him and hearing him speak a good bit, I think i might have changed my mind. I like the kid. I dont want us to use #6 on him but I would be ok with a trade back to get him.

I think the fact that we have put him through 3 workouts and still are rumored to move up for 3 other players is more of a reason to say we aren't enamored with him as opposed to being enamored with Barr.

I think he's the #6 or #7 option on the draft board personally.

Edited by ATLFalcons11

Barr from a talent stand point is right there with Clowney there's no doubt about that

He has size he has length he has athleticism he has everything you look for in a prospect at that position.

He even only playing two seasons as a LBer has the production as well.

The thing he doesn't have is development most guys are more developed as pass rusher at this stage but then again most guys aren't that caliber of athlete either.

Barr would be an OK pick because even if he wasn't a 10 sack guy day one he could play some Sam LBer as well.

I would take Donald or a tackle over him at this point but wouldn't be shocked if we took him he has that type of talent and most media outlets and scouts have said he could be the best player from this draft 3-4 years down the road.

Listen its a crap shoot man who would have though Kiko Alonso was going to be that caliber of player he was or Larry Walford there were questions about Sheldon Richardson last year. Trufant wasnt supposed to be the best corner and wasn't supposed to play like a top 10 pick but he did.

I think Barr has top 3 talent in this draft but he's also maybe the biggest risk maybe not as a bust but as a day 1 imapct type guy

Like the saints grab Cam Jordan a few seasons ago he had little impact his 1st year then had solid impact his 2nd year and really came on this past season as an elite level player.

If you knew you could have a player the caliber of Jordan would you take him and wait a season or two or take a guy like Adrian Clayborn who may have more impact day 1 but not near what Jordan will be in his 2nd or 3rd season?

I'd take Jordan he's just that much of a better player.

I think if Barr has had good works outs and shows he understands schemes then he's worth the gamble if the guys that are ranked ahead of him are gone.

I mean I'd rather take Barr than trade up for Clowney as we could very easily jump up into the late 1st and grab a tackle Like Morgan Mosses much cheaper than mkving up for clowney were as we make a move for Clowney it'll be a 3rd/4th round project tackle not to mention all the other holes we have.

I could enjoy Barr in a trade back. I think he has a high floor.

At the very least you are getting a starting OLB that can cover decently and get after the QB on blitzes.

May not be worth a top 15 pick in the end, but having a starter is better than a grade A bust.

He's not Clowney, but if you were taking Barr down at 10/11 and keeping all your draft picks, the team is much richer.

As a "prospect" or "talent"

He's every bit the caliber of prospect that Clowney is if anything hes maybe better because he's much more fulid is his drops because he played in a 3-4.

The guy is 6-5 260 and ran a 4.41 at his pro day there isn't many guys that can do that and Clowney is maybe the only one that could do it if he dropped 10 pounds.

Clowney is a safer pick because he's more polished but I wouldnt be so quick to say Clowney is that much better of a prospect than Barr.

I really don't like either to be honest as they both seem to be the classic boom or bust typos players

If we could take a OT first and Barr is somehow sitting around pick 20, Id trade back up for him in a heart beat.

That would be sweet

But I just can't see a talent like Barr falling to 20 because he actually was productive in college say unlike a player like Deion Jordan

Barr from a talent stand point is right there with Clowney there's no doubt about that

No he isnt. Not by a long shot. Clowney can do everything. Barr at this point has a nice speed rush.

Although I think Barr has a nice upside it isn't even close right now

With our Run Stuffing additions and the switch to a 3-4, Barr could be exactly what we need. He's fast and can cover. Barr and Attouchou makes our defense very unpredictable and gives us two guys that can blitz and cover. If we decide to go FS or another position in the 2nd (barring trade ups) we can still double dip later. It's time teams aren't allowed to stand in the pocket and rip us to pieces.

No he isnt. Not by a long shot. Clowney can do everything. Barr at this point has a nice speed rush.

Although I think Barr has a nice upside it isn't even close right now

Mentally, work ethic, and maturity wise he's TWICE what Clowney is.

Mentally, work ethic, and maturity wise he's TWICE what Clowney is.

ahh gimme a break. Clowney is a 21 yeard old football player how mature should he be? Nobody woulda ever questioned his work ethic had Steve Spurrier not made the statements he made. Spurrier also said the Texans should take him #1.

Barr Smh.dI'd take mack Ford and Clowney before him. And I'd think hard about taking Ealy before him. If he slid to second round id be all for it. Pryor or Z martin would be beter late first oicks imo.

ahh gimme a break. Clowney is a 21 yeard old football player how mature should he be? Nobody woulda ever questioned his work ethic had Steve Spurrier not made the statements he made. Spurrier also said the Texans should take him #1.

Excellent advice from Spurrier.

Let's hope and pray the Texans take it !!

I say trade back to 10-15 range. Grab Barr and get an extra 2nd, 3rd and possibly 4th or 5th round pick. This draft has great depth and the more picks we have, the better chance we have of filling our needs. I personally don't want us taking an OT with our first pick.considering we put up 24 pts a game last season with Julio, Roddie, and Steven Jackson hurt. Not to mention the O-Line can't possibly play any worse. Any slight improvement in Oline play and a good defensive draft and we're back into the thick of things.

Edited by Marco102