Weird Thing You Do To Go To Sleep Faster At Night...

lostone

So I have this issue where I need noise to goto sleep... I can hear everything otherwise and it drives me crazy... We also have no TV in the bedroom... So I put on an episode of family guy, American dad, or South Park and I drift off to sleep in no time... (Most of the time)

What weird thing do you do to goto sleep faster

That depends for me. If it's mids sure no problem but if it's sticky kind bud I have a hard time shutting my brain off to sleep.

for me my brain never wants to stop thinking so I have had terrible insomnia for years. If i smoke, regardless of if its sleepy bud or not, It helps me quit thinking and at least start to get sleepy.

Sounds like you have the same problem as many of us. Our mind keeps us awake, left to our own silent thoughts causes insomnia, so we find distractions or use tricks.

My go-to is...I imagine walking on the beach on a moonless night looking out into the ocean trying to see the whitecaps.

Don't ask me how or when I came up with it, but it's worked many times for many years...

I haven't been able to have a nightcap in nearly three weeks...still on meds from my brown recluse bite

Dammit, sorry to hear that. I absolutely hate all those eight legged ********. Turn me into a little girl real quick. Sounds like you're almost finished with your meds. How much longer do you have to take the antibiotic for?

Guest fibonacci

I haven't been able to have a nightcap in nearly three weeks...still on meds from my brown recluse bite

oh snap, how bad did it get?

I take a Lorazepam...I have a RX from like 6 months ago for 30 of them, that is still half full, so as you can see I don't normally have an issue getting to sleep. I also make sure I either hit the gym or go running for at least 45 minutes 4 or more days/week.

Careful with Benzos. They can be very addictive, mentally and physically.