Something Different To Talk About.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, you got me thinking about training camp. I wish it was tomorrow.

I still got that picture of Johnson one handed grab. It was beautiful. I'll post it up here in a couple days, just for those who didn't get to see it.

Yeah bro, love this kid.

I like him too and would love to run Harry Bumbles off, but truth is Harry has better hands. It's his feet that are a problem.

And his fumbling after the catch, that was the most annoying to me. Luckily most of them went out of bounds.

Guest fibonacci

I like him too and would love to run Harry Bumbles off, but truth is Harry has better hands. It's his feet that are a problem.

this is exactly what i said on cones. And in camp last year i saw a huge improvement. But Johnson covered him up because Ryan saw something new to play with.

Keep your eye on cone in panther town. Not saying he is going to be amazing. But i could see him doing a little damage (depending on how they do their draft)

this is exactly what i said on cones. And in camp last year i saw a huge improvement. But Johnson covered him up because Ryan saw something new to play with.

Keep your eye on cone in panther town. Not saying he is going to be amazing. But i could see him doing a little damage (depending on how they do their draft)

Cone must have loved going to CAR. He's probably their best receiver right now hahah.

I feel like I'm the only person on this board that likes Harry Douglas. I think everyone holds that play in the NFC Championship game against him still.

Three words: Get over it.

My guy ranked 15th in the NFL in receptions with 85 and 20th in yards at 1067. (Julio has never eclipsed 80. I'm not saying, but I'm just saying)

Darius Johnson had one game with at least 6 catches and he instantly became a fan favorite; Harry had 7. Harry went over 120 yards 3 times; Darius had 210 on the entire season.

I know its fun to hate on Harry, but like him or not, he was statistically a top 20 WR in the entire NFL last season. He was one of the few players that busted his *** all year, even after our playoff hopes went down the drain. I believe our coaching staff saw this too and now that Tony has retired, Harry is in line to continue seeing increases targets. Get ready to see a lot more Harry next year, because he ain't going anywhere.

Edited by Truth.

Guest fibonacci

Cone must have loved going to CAR. He's probably their best receiver right now hahah.

hands down, yes. But joking aside from their big loses. Cone is better then lafell.

Guest fibonacci

I feel like I'm the only person on this board that likes Harry Douglas. I think everyone holds that play in the NFC Championship game against him still.

My guy ranked 15th in the NFL in receptions with 85 and 20th in yards at 1067. (Julio has never eclipsed 80. I'm not saying, but I'm just saying)

Darius Johnson had one game with at least 6 catches and he instantly became a fan favorite; Harry had 7. Harry went over 120 yards 3 times; Darius had 210 on the entire season.

I know its fun to hate on Harry, but like him or not, he was statistically a top 20 WR in the entire NFL last season. He was one of the few players that busted his *** all year, even after our playoff hopes went down the drain. I believe our coaching staff saw this too and now that Tony has retired, Harry is in line to continue seeing increases targets. Get ready to see a lot more Harry next year, because he ain't going anywhere.

your not the only one who is ok with him.

And it's not just one play why people hate on Harry. There is a Lot of things he did. He looked like bad a lot of times and this year was forced the ball a lot.

I like him, butt I'm just being honest

He only got those catches and yards because 1) we led the league in pass %'s. And 2) for most of the year he was our only WR that wasn't either an UDFA rookie, or a lifetime backup. If you put 70% of the WR's in the league in that same scenario, with the same QB, and the same injuries to our other players, they would put up as good numbers. Probably a few more TD's too.

HD was in a dream scenario. He was no lower than the 2'nd read on any given play, on a team that passed 70 odd % of the time, with a top 5 QB that didn't have time to go to his 3'rd-5'th reads on most plays, causing even more balls to be thrown Harry's way.

And believe me, he's done a lot more than that one play in the NFCCG. He pretty much cost us the dolphins and the 9'ers games last year with his butter fingers.

your not the only one who is ok with him.

And it's not just one play why people hate on Harry. There is a Lot of things he did. He looked like bad a lot of times and this year was forced the ball a lot.

I like him, butt I'm just being honest

A lot of players have bad moments. You cant dismiss their production because of that. Matt Ryan screws up all the time and he doesn't get unanimously hated on like Douglas does. I just think Douglas is an easy target for people and the dont really look at everything he has done for us. You can makes excuses and say the ball was "forced" to him, but at the end of the day he caught 85 passes and had 1067 yards. Not many guys outdid him last season. Comparing him to Darius Johnson is an insult.

A lot of players have bad moments. You cant dismiss their production because of that. Matt Ryan screws up all the time and he doesn't get unanimously hated on like Douglas does. I just think Douglas is an easy target for people and the dont really look at everything he has done for us. You can makes excuses and say the ball was "forced" to him, but at the end of the day he caught 85 passes and had 1067 yards. Not many guys outdid him last season. Comparing him to Darius Johnson is an insult.

I look at this year with a lot of excitement but not in the natural sense, this year will be the year we learn about what we have more than what we pick up in the draft and FA.

If our coaches can't perform after last year they deserve to be looking at college jobs, If Matt Ryan doesn't improve from a year where he basically had no OLine then I worry he'll never improve, etc. so forth.

I feel like this is a very sink or swim year, failure here signals rebuilding, success here could signal reloading.

He only got those catches and yards because 1) we led the league in pass %'s. And 2) for most of the year he was our only WR that wasn't either an UDFA rookie, or a lifetime backup. If you put 70% of the WR's in the league in that same scenario, with the same QB, and the same injuries to our other players, they would put up as good numbers. Probably a few more TD's too.

HD was in a dream scenario. He was no lower than the 2'nd read on any given play, on a team that passed 70 odd % of the time, with a top 5 QB that didn't have time to go to his 3'rd-5'th reads on most plays, causing even more balls to be thrown Harry's way.

And believe me, he's done a lot more than that one play in the NFCCG. He pretty much cost us the dolphins and the 9'ers games last year with his butter fingers.

Excuses. He produced. Julio was in the same offense the year before and only caught 79 passes for 1100 yards. Granted Julio also had 10 TD's, but I'm not saying Douglas is better, just that he put up pretty respectable numbers last season. You can't just dismiss them because we throw the ball a lot. A lot of teams throw the ball a lot. We also had the worst ranked running game in the NFL. He was our only real threat for a while last season and we still put up respectable passing numbers with him. There is no reason why Douglas can't be a very good #3 option for us in 2014.

And regarding the NFCCG and other games he's cost us. Hasn't Matt Ryan cost us games? Roddy White? Jackson? People just like to make Douglas the beating doll.

Edited by Truth.

Ive disliked Harry and wanted him cut since his injury for years days. It's only gotten worse. He is literally the only player on the team I don't like.

This idea that has anything to do with the NFCCG is laughable. I mean seriously all I did was laugh at him. He is so far down my list I know longer even get angry when he screws up. I just lmao at him.

Julio was in the same offense the year before and only caught 79 passes for 1100 yards.

You've obviously missed my point, because no it was not the same offense. JJ was our 3'rd receiver that year behind RW and TG (HD was 2'nd most of the year), we didn't throw the ball nearly as much that year as last, and Ryan had much more time allowing him to work down his reads to his 4'th and 5'th options much more often than last year. Not the same situation at all.

You can't just dismiss them because we throw the ball a lot. A lot of teams throw the ball a lot.

Not as much as we did. We threw the ball much more on a % basis than any other team in the league. And again those other teams that throw the ball a lot usually have 3-4 receiving threats, we only had HD and TG, and TG hardly ever went deeper than 10 yards last year, making HD the 1'st target on a lot of our plays. When your entire offense is based around one skill player that player will naturally put up better numbers.

Compare his average Yards per Catch, or Yards after catch, or TD's, or any other stat that isn't skewed heavily by simple mass of targets, and you'll see where he really ranks. Add that to the fact he fumbles or bobbles the ball leading to turnovers far more often than any other player we have and he's just not that good.

Can't our Wr just all get along? No but really, I have to give H.D. some credit from last season. Harry did a fantastic job for our team last year and he was

awesome, but I do see the future of Davis and Johnson coming faster than ever. These young guy's are going to excel quickly with Matty in our scheme.

Thinking about these guy's from last year, it kinda reminded me of the 98 super bowl wr's . The future is definitely looking brighter Falcon bruvvas!!

Davis has the most potential...essentially because he is taller and bigger. You're not paying attention to our QB's strengths and weaknesses if you don't think taller and bigger receivers improve his performance.

Likewise, I haven't seen anything to suggest DJ usurps HD...just wishful thinking and over the top HD criticism.

And he was a rookie, that probably had no practice with the 1'st team until he was pushed into the game. Harry is a vet that's had years to practice. only dropping 4 more balls, especially given the variables of contested drops and flat out drops, is pretty good if you ask me.

10% aint good no matter who you ask and no matter how many excuses you make up. It dam sho aint hands of truth.

Guest fibonacci

you asked and I replied with why. you thought it was just because of the niner game, but it was a lot deeper then that.

some people like mike jenkins some saw the guy stunk. jenkins was good when it really really mattered. but the rest of the time, he put us in bad situations that we could not get out of and it cost us for those set of downs.

Harry has fans. Most of em Louisville fans. Dude sucks bro. For three reasons:

1. He can't stay on his feet. His balance sucks. He can tackle himself with ease. He's a fumble machine

2. He can't find the end zone for sht. Six TDs in six seasons? That's turrible

3. He has a $3.7M cap hit in 2014 that goes to $4.4M next year

Bumbles was 20th in targets but only 66th in yards per catch and 67th in receiving TDs. So he caught a bunch of short passes and didn't do a dam thing with em. Plus he makes game killing plays and costs $3.7M in cap dollars. And we're supposed to like that? I hate that bro.