Something Different To Talk About.

Id like to discuss Darius Johnson. I think this kid really shows up this year. Well that is if given the chance and is targeted. I can't wait to see him in action after another camp to gain more chemistry with Ryan. I thought he did good just getting thrown out there to the dogs last year. He showed he wasn't afraid to play in traffic and jump up and get the ball. I really believe he will start to become a star.

What do you guys think? Add in another offensive weapon you feel will take a step forward too if you want.

Hands of Truth baby!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's a great player, but our offense is one that likes to force-feature its star receivers instead of spreading the ball out and taking what the defense gives them ala GB and NO. I think his impact will be minimal unless Harry Douglas goes down.

I think he's a great player, but our offense is one that likes to force-feature its star receivers instead of spreading the ball out and taking what the defense gives them ala GB and NO. I think his impact will be minimal unless Harry Douglas goes down.

This is all to true and all to sad. I hope that along with all the other philosophy changes going on they make it a priority to spread the ball around.

Another thing that sounds good to me as well is finally seeing more of Koetters playbook and not that half MM half Koetter stuff we saw in 2012. I know they mentioned it last off season about opening up the playbook more but of course injuries killed that quick.

Add in all those things and take away Gonzo and we just might see some magic happen with some of the later string WRs.

Here's hoping at least.

Well I can't really talk about the slot without knocking Douglas....

I'll knock Douglas. I know people seem to love him but I certainly wouldn't shed a tear if he was cut 5 mins ago. I'd so rather see Johnson get snaps than Dougy any day.

I think he played well. Him and Antone Smith need more playing time.

Yeah I would love to see Smith get more carries too. I know he didn't touch the ball much but I'll be dam*ed when he did he owned the ish out if it. Let that boy run Smitty!!

I know they mentioned it last off season about opening up the playbook more but of course injuries killed that quick.

I'm glad at least one other person is aware of this. It became way too easy and way too stylish to superficially criticize the play calling.

Oh then of course there is Toilolo. It would be sweet to see him get some key 1st downs and some TDs.

So far it's he and Bear. Anyone have any Bear highlights? Phone out here in the woods sucks for certain things. At least it likes AFMB. Id go nuts.

I'm glad at least one other person is aware of this. It became way too easy and way too stylish to superficially criticize the play calling.

Well, you have to give the message board know it alls a break.....most of them have played Madden ....and are intellectual giants in their own mind.

Both sides of the ball, it got very vanilla out of necessity. I think some of our best games were very late in the year against SF and Carolina. I think that experience for all the rookies was so valuable and will be paid back in dividends this upcoming year.

I'll knock Douglas. I know people seem to love him but I certainly wouldn't shed a tear if he was cut 5 mins ago. I'd so rather see Johnson get snaps than Dougy any day.

People chop it up to bad luck. I don't think so. Dude is the clumsiest pro I have ever seen. Even when he isn't messing up he seems like he runs way too far out in front of his feet.

He just never looks under control. An awful trait for a slot receiver.

Yep I found it funny how quickly people forgot that they were still using the blended MM/Koetter book. Never got the chance to go all out Koetter last year. Folks just automatically blamed Koetter blindly not understanding that Smith still had him calling Mularkeys dum arse plays.

Cool topic. I would love to see the ball spread around more and the earlier post about Antone was spot on.

I just don't know if a pass first, air-it-out thing is possible because of all the talk about "bigger-stronger-tougher-own the line."

I think they want to push and do the mt33 thing and mix it up like '08. However, the personnel says air it out and pass block because the receiving corps is so deep. Julio, Roddy, Darius, Drew; those are a lot of receivers that could seriously score some points - if Matt is standing up.

People chop it up to bad luck. I don't think so. Dude is the clumsiest pro I have ever seen. Even when he isn't messing up he seems like he runs way too far out in front of his feet.

He just never looks under control. An awful trait for a slot receiver.

I totally agree. If they still did those football follies videos with Sports Illustrated subscriptions he would be the star. Just play him in high speed with some Benny Hill music and lmao.