Tired Off This Offense..so Pathetic!

outofsight2484

The Braves are a very, very flawed team. Homerun or nothing. It didn't win in the playoffs last year and it won't win in the playoffs this year.

I'll venture to say it won't win in the playoffs ever.

The braves are never going to be hot for 10 games straight against the leagues best pitchers. It ain't gonna happen.

Build up Santana as much as you can and trade him for somebody that can actually hit at a decent clip. I wonder if the reds still want to get rid of Phillips.

Everyone swings for the fences. Its Greg Walkers philosophy I guess. We have no clutch right now

Its either Fredi or Greg. Wren hasn't been like this before. Its a pathetic way to build a team. Regular season? Sure. You will win your share of games. Ain't no chance in the post season though. Idk how the braves can think there is.

Not sure why their approach to hitting with RISP is so terrible. In that situation you walk up to the plate KNOWING the pitcher has to throw you strikes. At some point you're going to get a good pitch to hit which leads me to believe our hitters are being overly aggressive and not being patient and waiting for their pitch to hit. They are chasing pitchers pitches or watching good pitches. It's all about controlled aggression with runners on the bags.

Not sure why their approach to hitting with RISP is so terrible. In that situation you walk up to the plate KNOWING the pitcher has to throw you strikes. At some point you're going to get a good pitch to hit which leads me to believe our hitters are being overly aggressive and not being patient and waiting for their pitch to hit. They are chasing pitchers pitches or watching good pitches. It's all about controlled aggression with runners on the bags.

Either walker isn't teaching discipline, or the guys don't listen to him.

Either way, its a recipe for disaster. As we've seen

I'll venture to say it won't win in the playoffs ever.

The braves are never going to be hot for 10 games straight against the leagues best pitchers. It ain't gonna happen.

Build up Santana as much as you can and trade him for somebody that can actually hit at a decent clip. I wonder if the reds still want to get rid of Phillips.

Brandon Phillips and his massive contract and average hitting skills? Are you serious?

our postseason (if we make it to one) will come down to pitching. This team is actually built very similar to the Braves teams of the 90s. Very good pitching and not much on offense

Those teams of the 90s didn't strikeout much and the pitchers could hit and bunt and help themselves out.

Think what our offense would be like if Uggla and BJ gave us there worst season that they had for previous teams and Heyward just gave us his rookie season.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Well our organization is in the looney bin right now.

Why the **** didnt we just resign Bourn when we knew we needed a leadoff hitter bad. Instead of blowing money on a low avg hitter..makes no sense!

Brandon Phillips and his massive contract and average hitting skills? Are you serious?

Average is much better than what we have....

If a player was perfect he wouldn't be available. Much less for a pitcher on a one year deal.

Get Prado back. IDC. We have assets. Now we need consistency. Just one more guy that can get a guy over or in would be tremendous for this team.

Think what our offense would be like if Uggla and BJ gave us there worst season that they had for previous teams and Heyward just gave us his rookie season.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Well our organization is in the looney bin right now.

Why the **** didnt we just resign Bourn when we knew we needed a leadoff hitter bad. Instead of blowing money on a low avg hitter..makes no sense!

The bourn thing still surprises me.

He signed for less than BJ didn't he?

Average is much better than what we have....

If a player was perfect he wouldn't be available. Much less for a pitcher on a one year deal.

Get Prado back. IDC. We have assets. Now we need consistency. Just one more guy that can get a guy over or in would be tremendous for this team.

Phillips is the same age as Uggla and has 4 years left on his deal. He could be Rogers Hornsby or Ty Cobb for all I care and I still wouldn't want him on this team. Much less that he's an average at-best hitter. Just because he's better than Uggla doesn't make him good.

The bourn thing still surprises me.

He signed for less than BJ didn't he?

Bourn was wanting 4 years and $60M. A guy who's only asset offensively is speed is not worth that especially at his age (which is the wrong side of 30). The only reason the Indians got him for cheap was because it was mid February and Bourn was desperate for a job. The Braves couldn't wait until mid February for Bourn's asking price to come down.

McGriff put the Braves offense over the hump.

Wren really has tried. I feel bad for him. He's brought some of the better players around the MLB here and they've completely stunk it up.

Mclouth, Uggla, BJ. I can't think of any of the others.

Wren really has tried. I feel bad for him. He's brought some of the better players around the MLB here and they've completely stunk it up.

Mclouth, Uggla, BJ. I can't think of any of the others.

Uggla was a good move. No one saw him bombing. McLouth looked like a promising up and coming player but for some reason he just didn't pan out here. B.J. I haven't given up on yet.

Uggla was a good move. No one saw him bombing. McLouth looked like a promising up and coming player but for some reason he just didn't pan out here. B.J. I haven't given up on yet.

That's what I'm saying. They were all good moves. He just got unlucky.

RISP has been the biggest flaw for the Braves in what seems like eternity. They just can't play small ball.

The RISP stat is so bad because instead of taking pitches till you get something you like they swing at anything thrown between the on deck circles.

I mean really would it kill any of them to take a few ******** pitches

The RISP stat is so bad because instead of taking pitches till you get something you like they swing at anything thrown between the on deck circles.

I mean really would it kill any of them to take a few ******** pitches

That's because the moron's automatically go up there with the mindset that the first pitch will be a homerun pitch.