Nfl Total Access: Trades That Make Sense

Lornoth

Just had a segment on NFLN about trades in the first round that would make sense, and one of the three they thought of was the Falcons spending their 1'st and 2'nd round picks to move up to #2, and draft either Clowney or Mack, depending on which is left.

Now i don't put a lot of stock in NFLN, but i know some do, so i thought i'd post this. It's also an interesting option. They said we could still get a good OT/Safety in the 3'rd, while fixing our passrushing woes without mortgaging our future because the Rams would basically be getting an early 2'nd for free while still getting whom they want at #6, thus not charging much.

Would you guys be okay trading up to get Mack or Clowney if it only costs a 2'nd round pick?

My personal opinion is if we don't take OT in the first, might as well not take one at all. We have enough projects on the roster, don't need another 3rd-5th round rookie to "compete".

This is it. If we don't get one of the top three, what's the point? As you said, we have piles of young projects.

I wouldn't trade a first and next years first for #2.

Not sure if you're saying that as in a 1'st next year is better than a 2'nd this year, and you still don't want it, or if you're misunderstanding that the trade they proposed was only #6 and #37 this year. Nothing next year.

My personal opinion is if we don't take OT in the first, might as well not take one at all. We have enough projects on the roster, don't need another 3rd-5th round rookie to "compete".

I have heard people like Mayock and even TD himself say that the OT position is deep enough that you could find a starting RT within the 1st 2-3 rounds. The Falcons could still get a starting RT in the 2nd round.

Not sure if you're saying that as in a 1'st next year is better than a 2'nd this year, and you still don't want it, or if you're misunderstanding that the trade they proposed was only #6 and #37 this year. Nothing next year.

I must've thought they wanted a 1st, a 2nd and next years 1st.

I have heard people like Mayock and even TD himself say that the OT position is deep enough that you could find a starting RT within the 1st 2-3 rounds. The Falcons could still get a starting RT in the 2nd round.

thought we just traded that second rounder in the OP for Mack/Clowney

theres a big dropoff after the first 10 tackles. All projected to go top 64.

I must've thought they wanted a 1st, a 2nd and next years 1st.

Yeah i definitely wouldn't do that. I'm hesitant about losing even the 2'nd this year, but that's pretty cheap to get one of the two clear best passrushers in the draft. It would definitely be tempting.

I really think holmes is gonna make a dependable tackle for us. His blocking was actually pretty good last year early in games until his conditioning showed up. Hopefully hes worked on that.

He definitely could.

Just not as an RT, i don't think. He played horribly on the right side, his good games came once he switched over to replace baker.

No trading up. If we wanted a higher pick we should have lost an extra game. I think it's funny the people that were on here saying we should Win last season, are the same ones wanting us to Trade Up this Off Season ...

Tanking is far worse than trading up, and i've been on the 'do not trade up' bandwagon since day one.