Jay Adams Made A So So Point

If you listen to the FalconsCast Podcast....and you didn't fall asleep.

Jay Adams made quite a few scenario layouts for the Falcons trading back. Dee Ford, Aaron Donald, Taylor Lewan, and a few others. The Falcons could really stock their roster if they went this route.

I'm actually starting to feel positive that all the tradeup talk is just that....talk. But what else is there to do at this time of the year ?

If the Falcons take anywhere near the approach of Jay Adams 3rd scenario....Falcons fans will be happy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm okay with trading back for Lewan, maybe Barr. But I think we need to stay in the top 10. We need an impact player or two as much as we need depth. We really need a starting tackle, pass rusher, and a free safety.

If we move into the teens or 20s, we might as well go for Clinton-Dix or Pryor.

Dee Ford will be a massive bust

I'm absolutely terrified of taking Ford now. I will have to study up myself because people I normally take their word for it had me thinking he would be good. Now it's sounding like the kid is just another roster spot wasting away waiting to happen.

I'm okay with trading back for Lewan, maybe Barr. But I think we need to stay in the top 10. We need an impact player or two as much as we need depth. We really need a starting tackle, pass rusher, and a free safety.

If we move into the teens or 20s, we might as well go for Clinton-Dix or Pryor.

Well, if we went Safety with our first pick, I'd be fine with that.....after offseason.

I'm absolutely terrified of taking Ford now. I will have to study up myself because people I normally take their word for it had me thinking he would be good. Now it's sounding like the kid is just another roster spot wasting away waiting to happen.

I think KOG has the right of it when he says that there's only like 3 players that will actually be a notch above what we already have...every one else will be mid-tier guys that need someone to take attention away on the line.

I have a sneaky feeling Ford wil be good...same way I felt about Steelers LB a few years ago #56...can't think of his name

Steelers have one of the best LB schemes ever. Their LBs are always good and rarely do much elsewhere in the NFL.

I'm interested to know why you feel that way.

I've can't get a read one way or the other on him.

He can't cover or defend the run. But he can pass rush. However he depends on his speed rush a lot and there is not telling if he's going to blow by any quality tackles in the league.

As Larry pointed out he made a living rushing against RTs in college that will never sniff the pros.

What makes you think so? Just curious.

I'd trade down and take lewan and either ford or jimmy smith or both.

I watched him play a lot and he got washed out of plays with little effort from the Oline far too often. He was terrible with his hand in the dirt and he cant cover to save his life. He will be a less talented Bruce Irving in my opinion

Steelers have one of the best LB schemes ever. Their LBs are always good and rarely do much elsewhere in the NFL.

Can't argue they have a good scheme, but every team theoretically can get players perfect for their scheme....they're good lb's.

Can't argue they have a good scheme, but every team theoretically can get players perfect for their scheme....they're good lb's.

I'm not saying they aren't good, but who was the last bad LB in Pittsburgh?

I honestly can't think of one

I see Ford being alot like Bruce Irving. The only difference is Irving has proven his ability to be decent in coverage as a LB in the pro's

Me too. But like you said, he can cover. Ford has never answered that question.

I just think in our scheme, where disguise is everything, a one trick pony doesn't fit at all.

I think teams would be begging ford to show blitz and drop into coverage all game long