Late Draft Invites More Meddling From Owners.....

jb 3.0

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/01/draft-delay-invites-more-meddling/

Makes you feel bad for G.M.s around the league. I can only imagine what it's like for T.D., Loomis and Gettlemen. I kinda doubt the Glazer boys are nosing in as much with them giving Licht such a free reign early on. That said, I can only imagine what a pain in the *** they could be.

That was a good one. Seriously doubt Goodell is so stupid and purely money hungry, that he'll make the same mistake next season.

The whole reason in moving it to May was to get in Primetime during Television sweeps month, so they could gouge the networks even more.

These peckerwoods would sell there own mother if they thought they could get a couple extra $$ million walking around money.rolleyes.gif

Buccaneers could use a meddling owner

Perhaps during the Dominick era, while he was proving that having no plan on building, or changing your plan every other season is a formula for nothing but failure. But that's over now, much to the chagrin of our rivals.

Surprised you didn't see that, I thought you were one of the smarter Falcon fans.wink.png

Perhaps during the Dominick era, while he was proving that having no plan on building, or changing your plan every other season is a formula for nothing but failure. But that's over now, much to the chagrin of our rivals.

Surprised you didn't see that, I thought you were one of the smarter Falcon fans.wink.png

i would be upset, personally, if my team's owners cared more about their professional english soccer team than my football team.

but you know that's just me.

Shouldn't you actually wait a week before pronouncing Licht a savant?

Shouldn't you actually wait a week before pronouncing Licht a savant?

Where did I call Licht a savant?

Look, NO ONE is gonna be as ****** as the last crew we had here the last 5 or 6 years. I also say that with my fingers crossed, as I can't imagine this team ever being as bad as it was last season. Any time soon anyway.

Where did I call Licht a savant?

Look, NO ONE is gonna be as ****** as the last crew we had here the last 5 or 6 years. I also say that with my fingers crossed, as I can't imagine this team ever being as bad as it was last season. Any time soon anyway.

Nowhere. I come from the land where two NFL exec of the year awards buys you undying love. Somewhere between canonizing Dimitroff and vilifying Dominik rests an ocean of team building skill, not all of it competent.

Nowhere. I come from the land where two NFL exec of the year awards buys you undying love. Somewhere between canonizing Dimitroff and vilifying Dominik rests an ocean of team building skill, not all of it competent.

What Licht brings to the table at this early stage in his first "Man in Charge" position, is that he' worked with numerous organizations throughout the league in a variety of capacities. New England, Philadelphia, and Arizona come to mind.

Becuase of this, he knows a ton of player personnel people and will have a lot of room to move when he needs/wants to. Now we just need to see how he handles being the #1 guy, along with his head coach.

What Licht brings to the table at this early stage in his first "Man in Charge" position, is that he' worked with numerous organizations throughout the league in a variety of capacities. New England, Philadelphia, and Arizona come to mind.

Becuase of this, he knows a ton of player personnel people and will have a lot of room to move when he needs/wants to. Now we just need to see how he handles being the #1 guy, along with his head coach.

Wish it were that simple. Two of New England's graduates reside at Flowery Branch, one who thinks he's uncovered a great secret to roster building and another still stinging from his first solo flight.

Wish it were that simple. Two of New England's graduates reside at Flowery Branch, one who thinks he's uncovered a great secret to roster building and another still stinging from his first solo flight.

Licht was the asst. gm in Arizona last season, and from what I've heard and read from him, that's where he gained a lot of his experience, so I'm gonna wait and see before I pass judgement on him, but up to this point I don't know one Buc fan that doesn't approve of the moves he and Lovie have made. Is he better than Dimitroff? Too early to tell, but I know his job isn't in jeopardy as the way TD's appears to be, if he doesn't mount a giant comeback from a putrid previous season.

Bucks netted the Glazers $2.2M Aug to Aug last year. Man. U got them $144M

Yeah.......Arthur Blank would just HATE that! Anyone that doesn't believe most every NFL owner envies the heII outta the Glazers move to buy Man U. is just kidding themselves. Did it detract from their NFL Buccaneer focus for awhile? Absolutely, and we all saw what happened. But it's old news. Now all they have to do is cash checks.