Houston Wants 1St, 2Nd & 4Th This Year + 1St Next

That won't fly.

1st, 3rd, next years 1st.

Even then I'm struggling with next years 1st. I would prefer the 2nd next year.

I think if this deal gets done it will be in the last few minutes of Houston's pick.

We will have a deal ready to go with the Rams for Mack as well I'm sure. Either Houston can take Clowney and hope the find a QB or they can give in to our deal.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That won't fly.

1st, 3rd, next years 1st.

Even then I'm struggling with next years 1st. I would prefer the 2nd next year.

I think if this deal gets done it will be in the last few minutes of Houston's pick.

We will have a deal ready to go with the Rams for Mack as well I'm sure. Either Houston can take Clowney and hope the find a QB or they can give in to our deal.

the deal does not get done without the next year's first - this is a given - even Dimitroff said this in his interview on "NFL Insiders" ESPN show yesterday.

No NFL GM is moving back 5 spots in this draft from #1 overall, without pocketing next year's 1st - period.

It could play out on the clock where Falcons/Texans don't agree on compensation - then Texans take Clowney - meanwhile Texans might revisit trade as soon as they figure out who is going to be available at #6 when Falcons on the clock.

Take away the uncertainty of who the Texans would get in a trade, and Texans would likely be willing to take less back in compensation - so, in other words, if Texans wanted Manziel - and he's available at #6 - Falcons draft Manziel - then swap players with Texans - maybe at that point, Texans would be satisfied with Falcons 4th this year and 1st in 2015. That is a better deal for Falcons(obviously) and now the deal is less risky for Texans because they know the player they are getting back in the deal.

win/win.

This is too much, with the quality of this draft.

The Julio trade would have been great as long as the guys you picked in 2012 were sound players. TD picked Konz and Holmes!

Admittedly at the time I liked the Konz pick, I thought he would be solid without ever being great.

Always new Holmes would be an awful pick, just like when I lost control when the drafted Dent in the 3rd round.

Then the deal is not worth it.

And since you're so in favor of giving up our 2015 1st, your credit card balances must be terrible. You're all about buy now, pay later.

LOL, I'm a CFP and have one credit card that I payoff the balance every month. I taught the Dave Ramsey class at my church - try again.

LOL, I'm a CFP and have one credit card that I payoff the balance every month. I taught the Dave Ramsey class at my church - try again.

So that's why you have so much free time! Lolol I kid I kid

It could play out on the clock where Falcons/Texans don't agree on compensation - then Texans take Clowney - meanwhile Texans might revisit trade as soon as they figure out who is going to be available at #6 when Falcons on the clock.

Take away the uncertainty of who the Texans would get in a trade, and Texans would likely be willing to take less back in compensation - so, in other words, if Texans wanted Manziel - and he's available at #6 - Falcons draft Manziel - then swap players with Texans - maybe at that point, Texans would be satisfied with Falcons 4th this year and 1st in 2015. That is a better deal for Falcons(obviously) and now the deal is less risky for Texans because they know the player they are getting back in the deal.

win/win.

This is a viable option and would be in our favour! You would trade the pick to Houston first though? They would then draft Manziel.

I would swap picks before the player at 6 is selected Texans could go back on there word!

I would rather make a deal with the Jags for the 3rd pick if Mack is still on the board.

Exactly. Wait to see who Houston takes.

The Jags could use a player at nearly every position available.

Manziel, Watkins, OT, Ebron, trading back further, etc etc.

All options they'd have at 6

So you have financial discipline but where's your draft discipline? The same concepts apply. It's better to stockpile money for the future (aka picks) then spend everything and go into debt.

LOL trying to compare financial decisions to draft decisions. Player talent varies with each player and each round and is based on another person individual desire. MOney is money regardless of when you make it and doesnt change based on what you are buying. Please dont every make this comparison again because it doesnt help you at all, it kinda of makes you look a little ignorant when it comes to money.

So you have financial discipline but where's your draft discipline? The same concepts apply. It's better to stockpile money for the future (aka picks) then spend everything and go into debt.

That philosophy means you never buy a house, because you can't pay cash for it.

There are times when going into debt is the right thing to do. This may be one of those times. If they trade for Clowney, they better be right, but they may be.

You've convinced yourself that Clowney isn't worth it,but you don't know.

You have 1% of the information that TD and Co have about him.

You haven't watched every single snap he played-someone at Flowery Branch has.

You haven't interviewed him once- Falcons has spent hours with him.

You don't know what his medical reports are

You haven't interviewed coaches, friends and family.

If he is a true game changer on D, then next years 1st is a small price to pay.

I thought you were a mortgage rep, you still do mortgages.

I am a mortgage originator - but I have my CFP designation because I used to be a financial advisor. Its kind of like being a CPA - you can have your CPA license but be a sports agent or something else for your j-o-b.

I understand what you are saying but its not quite the same - there are lots of different ways to build a winning franchise. I agree that the more conventional way to do it is to accumulate more picks, etc. - but its not the only way.

I am a mortgage originator - but I have my CFP designation because I used to be a financial advisor. Its kind of like being a CPA - you can have your CPA license but be a sports agent or something else for your j-o-b.

Yeah I am familiar. I thought about getting my CFP, but decided I dont want to be a financial advisor because most of the people that need the help cant afford it. I just help when I can, and plus it takes so long to build a good base of clients before you can really make a career out of it. Are you a broker.

I understand what you are saying but its not quite the same - there are lots of different ways to build a winning franchise. I agree that the more conventional way to do it is to accumulate more picks, etc. - but its not the only way.

They are not the same, they are completely different. Because you have so many other factors that go into being a successful franchise and so many factors that go into a player being successful that it is no comparision whatsoever. YOu can take way more risks managing a football team than you can as a business owner and managing your personal finances.

Yeah I am familiar. I thought about getting my CFP, but decided I dont want to be a financial advisor because most of the people that need the help cant afford it. I just help when I can, and plus it takes so long to build a good base of clients before you can really make a career out of it. Are you a broker.

I got out of it for reasons you list above - when you help people get into debt - you can work with everybody biggrin.png - rich/poor/middle-class.

most financial advisors work mostly with upper-middle income to wealthy because they typically are the only ones willing/able to pay for the advice - I am generalizing a little bit but you get the picture. I am not bad-mouthing financial advisors, many of them do good work - some don't - its a good profession.

sorry TATF - I digress.....jaymadd, if you want to talk further on the subject you can PM me.

all i do now is originate residential property mortgages - primary residence, 2nd home, investment property - purchase or refi - State of Georgia ONLY. there is my 3 minute commercial