Houston Wants 1St, 2Nd & 4Th This Year + 1St Next

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do the Texans think they have a ton of leverage?

What are you gonna do? No one ahead of us is trading with you and if you trade far behind us you're most likely gonna miss your QB.

So what's your plan here? Take clowney. Okay. Take a QB at one? Okay. Trade back and watch all the top QBs get drafted and hope Mettenberger turns out?

Good luck.

negotiating 101.....ask for the moon and stars if you want to end up with the moon and pluto(which is not even a planet). ;)

teams always ask for more than what they know they can get - that way it looks like they are "giving" something.

Absolutely not.

Isn't it funny how the Texans are leaking increasingly huge trade pacakges through different sources?

First it was a 2nd this year and next.

Then it was next year's 1st and 3rd and this year's third.

Then it was this year's 2nd and next year's first.

Now its 1, 2, 4 and next year's 1.

Sorry guys. Not having it.

Nobody in the top 10 is going to give that to them. The only team that might would be a team desperate for Johnny Manziel. It would probably be the Cowboys.

I say offer next years 1st. Use this year's 4th to sweeten the deal if they refuse, then walk away.

Houston doesn't have leverage. We don't need the pick. If they want to stay in the top 10, beggars can't be choosers.

TD is such a bad poker player and always overpays but that's way to much. TD should shoot way lower and tell the Texans hey you want Clowney go ahead . If you want your QB at 6 then lets work a deal that benefits each other and doesn't rob anyone

1st

2014 3rd

2015 1st

that's it . That's all you are getting if you don't want it good bye

I think the Texans are operating under the assumption that the guy they draft in the 2nd round wont be much worse than the guy theyd get in the first. Which many folks seem to agree with.

Why are so many willing to give up our 2015 1st? Sure it's fun now but next April it's gonna suck a lot!

yep, next year it would be awful - but I could take the spring off the messageboard - so, maybe I would spend more time on more important things - LOL.

you give up this year's 1st and next - because Clowney is worth it - plain and simple (and "yes" I know in advance this will make you knock over a trash can).

Nobody in the top 10 is going to give that to them. The only team that might would be a team desperate for Johnny Manziel. It would probably be the Cowboys.

I say offer next years 1st. Use this year's 4th to sweeten the deal if they refuse, then walk away.

Houston doesn't have leverage. We don't need the pick. If they want to stay in the top 10, beggars can't be choosers.

Watch Buffalo.....

Why do the Texans think they have a ton of leverage?

What are you gonna do? No one ahead of us is trading with you and if you trade far behind us you're most likely gonna miss your QB.

So what's your plan here? Take clowney. Okay. Take a QB at one? Okay. Trade back and watch all the top QBs get drafted and hope Mettenberger turns out?

Good luck.

everyone needs to relax - if it was Dimitroff by himself, he might cave - I think he's a poor negotiator - but throw in Pioli/Devaney - and I don't think Rick Smith will fleece the "three Falcon GMs" :D.

I think you are looking at a deal - if consumated - of probably 1st/4th/6th this year and 1st next year. I think that is the most the Falcons will agree - just my opinion.

I think the Texans are operating under the assumption that the guy they draft in the 2nd round wont be much worse than the guy theyd get in the first. Which many folks seem to agree with.

Well, let them take that risk. Seems dumb to blow off an easy 2015 1st rounder and take a player they don't need, when they could have a top 10 pick.

Watch Buffalo.....

I think Buffalo and maybe Tampa are the only threats in the top 10 to move up ahead of us. And Tampa would probably only do it for Manziel, maybe Watkins.

I think Buffalo is the only threat to take a player we need, and that's more likely a Tackle.

negotiating 101.....ask for the moon and stars if you want to end up with the moon and pluto(which is not even a planet). wink.png

teams always ask for more than what they know they can get - that way it looks like they are "giving" something.

Also, from the same class- be willing to walk away if you're not getting the deal you want.