Why Would Houston Take Clowney ?

The problem for them last year was not getting to the QB it was QB play. It makes no sense to take a DE when they have a MAJOR area of weakness at QB. I would be in a uproar if I was a texans fan and we took a DE over a QB.

Besides, if Houston takes a QB it increases our chances of getting Mack or Clowney at #6

Edited by BrandonDell_

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I do not think they have to I think they have more need at a couple of other positions they could take there, However I do think they would much rather trade back and that is actually what they are looking to do.

They want to trade the pick,because they do want a QB,but it's all about compensation, they want something pretty big in return,if not they say we might as well take the best player,which is Clowney,but they can be persuaded,that's why I believe on draft day a deal will be made

Houston has 11 picks. There will be good QB's on the

board after they have made their first two. Mettenberger

Is about as prototypical as they get. Murray is as battle tested as you could ask for. The only reason for them to

go Qb in the first is if they want Manziel for the Texas connection and the draw that he will be.

The problem for them last year was not getting to the QB it was QB play. It makes no sense to take a DE when they have a MAJOR area of weakness at QB. I would be in a uproar if I was a texans fan and we took a DE over a QB.

Besides, if Houston takes a QB it increases our chances of getting Mack or Clowney at #6

Ain't no way in **** Clowney will still be on the board at 6. ZERO chance. Zero.

B...P...A...

Pretty much this ^

It' would be hard to pass on a physical talent like Clowney no matter what their needs are.

Problem is, we all know, or should that physicality is one of the least beneficial traits for a football player. If size and strength were the overriding factor in a player's success in the NFL, every workout warrior would be in the HOF

Desire and passion are the number one trait a player must posses, without it, strength, technique, speed, pretty much mean squat

Houston has 11 picks. There will be good QB's on the

board after they have made their first two. Mettenberger

Is about as prototypical as they get. Murray is as battle tested as you could ask for. The only reason for them to

go Qb in the first is if they want Manziel for the Texas connection and the draw that he will be.

Leaf and George were more "prototypical" than the 2nd best QB at UGA ;)

So Jacoby Ford is more useful then Tom Brady?

It's not a speed comparison, it's Manziel and Clowney side by side.

Manziel is a small QB with a baby face like Colt McCoy.

Clowney is a monster.

Here he is beside Sterling Sharpe.

0,,~12777727,00.jpeg

The question was why would Houston take Clowney over Manziel.

Because Clowney is a freak lineman. You don't pass on the rarest physical specimens on the planet to take a QB you are not convinced is an NFL franchise QB.

The took Mario Williams over the clear consensus in Reggie Bush. They seem to know what they are doing.

1. You're comparing a RB to a QB.

2. They didn't reach the playoffs until 2011, the year Williams missed most of the season and was his last with the Texans.

DEs do not impact franchises in a major way.