Remember: Dimitroff Has Two Advisors Now That Have Sat In Gm Chair

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Falcons had 5 good years and were in the NFCCG two years ago.

much better - I throw up in my mouth everytime I hear someone utter the phrase "Falcons were 10yds from a SB" - it means NOTHING now. Current team is nowhere near that close to a superbowl - its not just that the Falcons are slightly worse - it is that other NFC teams have gotten better.

Falcons team of 2012 is old history. Every year you start at 0-0. We are a team in transition now - we have some nice pieces but we are not upper echelon team at this moment - we are a team that could make the playoffs if we make the right moves and team stays free from major injuries to key players.

Do not talk Falcons/SuperBowl in same sentence right now - it could happen but would be a bloody miracle - too many holes and SF/Seattle are cut above right now.

I agree G-Dawg and I think they'll take it. I'd still rather keep our picks, take Matthews at 6 and Attachou at 37 but... This would be a fair deal and I think our FO really wants Clowney.

I think I would even offer a little less:

Maybe opening offer (knowing that you will have to sweeten) would be:

• Falcons trade #1-006 and 2015 1st rounder
  • Houston rejects and counters with more than we want to pay
  • Falcons sweeten to #1-006, #4-103 and 2015 1st rounder - take it or leave it.

I really think that counter above is the most I would be willing to give them. Remember, if Texans reject the offer and take Clowney - they may still call Falcons when we go on clock if they see the player they wanted in trade-down thoughts.

So at 8:10pm, when Texans make their pick and say its CLOWNEY - this thing ain't over - it could still happen - doubtful at that point, but possible. And if Texans do call us back, Dimitroff will have considerably more leverage.

much better - I throw up in my mouth everytime I hear someone utter the phrase "Falcons were 10yds from a SB" - it means NOTHING now. Current team is nowhere near that close to a superbowl - its not just that the Falcons are slightly worse - it is that other NFC teams have gotten better.

Falcons team of 2012 is old history. Every year you start at 0-0. We are a team in transition now - we have some nice pieces but we are not upper echelon team at this moment - we are a team that could make the playoffs if we make the right moves and team stays free from major injuries to key players.

Do not talk Falcons/SuperBowl in same sentence right now - it could happen but would be a bloody miracle - too many holes and SF/Seattle are cut above right now.

See no reason not to talk about the Super Bowl, think the Falcons can get to the playoffs next year, then, anything is possible.

Unlikely? Sure, miraculous? Naah.

What makes everyone think that Blank feels the need to curb TD's enthusiasm? For all any of you know, Blank could be pushing for Clowney.

everyone just assumes that TD is the only guy making picks. Got some breaking news for you, he's not. Every pick is the result of all of the FO guys, the coaches, and the owner giving input.

I can see a couple of very powerful reasons Blank would be pushing for Clowney: the new stadium, and money from the Clowney hype machine.

Houston/Atlanta Trade:

Its this simple. Falcons will offer #1-006, #4-103 and 1st rounder in 2015

Houston will want #1-006, #2-037 and 1st rounder in 2015

Falcons will counter at #1-006, #3-068 and 1st rounder in 2015 - take it or leave it.

that is what I think happens. If Texans pass on Clowney, Falcons start over with Rams but final offer will be less than to Texans.

Let's not trade up for Clowney. If we do, let's offer them a third rounder this year and a second rounder next year. Nothing more.

They are the desperate ones, not us. We can draft a pass rusher in the second round. That would give us three good rushers (Mass, Maponga and the new guy).