Is De Jamaal Anderson Really The Biggest Draft Bust In Our Franchis History?

Year: 2007

Overall Selection: 8

School: Arkansas

Fans of the Atlanta Falcons will remember the team’s run to Super Bowl XXXIII in 1998 behind a ground attack featuring running back Jamal Anderson.

The Dirty Birds would eventually stun the Minnesota Vikings in overtime in the NFC title game at the Metrodome, but it was Anderson who put up big numbers that season, rushing for 1,846 yards.

That Jamal was a seventh-round pick and played eight seasons. This Jamaal Anderson was the eighth overall pick in the 2007 draft and just didn’t deliver. A total of 60 games with the team resulted in less than 100 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

Anderson wound up with the Indianapolis Colts in 2011, totaling three sacks in five outings, and he then appeared in two games with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2012.

I'm not sure...who do you think it is? And why?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2042858-the-biggest-draft-bust-in-each-nfl-teams-history/page/3

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is how this thread will go...***Shines up crystal Ball**** Trolls will say Matt Ryan an Julio others who hate Konz and Baker will do the same,Vick will be brought up a few time because he left on such a sour note and lastly a few older names will be thrown in the mix!Thank you for your time that will be 50 cents!

Yes. He literally did NOTHING well. I mean, to not get an NFL sack for nearly 4 years is almost impossible for a DE.

People want to point to Clowney's 3.5 sacks in college his last year, Jamaal had 17.5 and look how that worked out

And I know it's easy to play the "look who was drafted in the same year" card but 2007 was a very strong draft. You had the best WR in the league, the best and second best RB's in the league, the best corner in the league, and the best inside linebacker in the league

Here is how this thread will go...***Shines up crystal Ball**** Trolls will say Matt Ryan an Julio others who hate Konz and Baker will do the same,Vick will be brought up a few time because he left on such a sour note and lastly a few older names will be thrown in the mix!Thank you for your time that will be 50 cents!

You talking to me?

you-talking-to-me-o.gif

Vick wasn't the biggest, he was the most important. His shenanigans did us good in the end.

A. Bruce, but I got to give credit to B. Pickens for making it a close contest.

I always thought Bruce was misused a little bit. He has a couple of good games, but never could put it together. Pickens just stunk. The guy was in the league for like 3yrs I think.

Also agree with Putnam6 about Casillias. Hated the guy and he actually looked decent at times in Dallas.

Edited by jeffro2000

I'd have to say Michael Vick was the biggest bust in the falcons history

When you factor in what he was touted to be then getting the monster contract to only then burn the falcons with off the field issues plus Vick never played big in big games he was nothing more than a big tease in a guy who could make some flash plays but was no where to be found when it was winning time.

I'd have to say Michael Vick was the biggest bust in the falcons history

When you factor in what he was touted to be then getting the monster contract to only then burn the falcons with off the field issues plus Vick never played big in big games he was nothing more than a big tease in a guy who could make some flash plays but was no where to be found when it was winning time.

Sorry, but being the first visiting QB to win a playoff game in the history of Lambeau Field is an automatic disqualifier

The new stadium is gonna have a statue of that right next to Jamaal Anderson getting his first sack, and the play of being 10 yards from the Super Bowl

Ohhhh, my bad, didnt realize this was the greatest draft 'hits' thread.

Just showing how it's impossible to be the biggest bust and accomplish that Herculean feat