Banned For Life?

Falcon Man™

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EXACTLY what the racist sumbitch deserves!

Agreed. But did he deserve to be illegally recorded? Oh and NOW something is done because of the media and fan outcry when he has been who he is for YEARS? I understand he was an NBA owner in a league where the players are 70% black, but players have done things along the same lines and get nowhere NEAR this punishment. Look at Riley Cooper or that dude from the Browns that committed vehicular manslaughter?

I don't know....but I know this is FAR from over. LAwsuits will be pouring in left and right...

I am not defending the racist pig, but I think the punishment is really extreme...

Agreed. But did he deserve to be illegally recorded? Oh and NOW something is done because of the media and fan outcry when he has been who he is for YEARS? I understand he was an NBA owner in a league where the players are 70% black, but players have done things along the same lines and get nowhere NEAR this punishment. Look at Riley Cooper or that dude from the Browns that committed vehicular manslaughter?

I don't know....but I know this is FAR from over. LAwsuits will be pouring in left and right...

I am not defending the racist pig, but I think the punishment is really extreme...

That leopard ain't going to change its spots.

The punishment is not extreme.

Let me reiterate. The punishment is not extreme.

The NBA has two brands to protect here: The LA Clippers and the NBA itself; that's not including the brands of Doc Rivers, Blake Griffin, CP3, etc.

If you think they were ever gonna let this guy near one of there money making ventures again you're crazy.

He has -already- cost the Clippers a lot of money. Players will not be resigning, and good luck drawing free agents in.

What if he said he hated Jewish people? Or he hated Catholics? Or did not believe in gay marriage? Or we should send all the illegals back? Do they take the team away from him? Dude is a racist scum but we may be setting a bad precedent here for something he said in private that was illegally taped?

wZuxj.gif?w=640

Whether you like it or not the NBA is a majority-black player base. If he's associated with the team anymore, they will not entice any of the african american players in the NBA to stay or move to play for the Clippers.

In fact, this can be classified strictly as damage control.

NFL is too soft.

Colts owner comes to mind. Being a bigot and saying "Blacks" gets a lifetime ban and a forced team-sell in the NBA, but a dead woman, drugs and alcohol......................gets Irsay a slap on the wrist, in the NFL?

Sorry, but death is worse than racism. Especially if it comes out that Irsay gave that woman the drugs that she ODed on, which would be logical, since he gave her that townhouse also. He sounds like her sugar daddy.

I'm glad the guy got a lifetime ban, I just wish the NFL wouldn't be as soft as it is.

What if he said he hated Jewish people? Or he hated Catholics? Or did not believe in gay marriage? Or we should send all the illegals back? Do they take the team away from him? Dude is a racist scum but we may be setting a bad precedent here for something he said in private that was illegally taped?

Is 70% of the NBA Jewish,Catholic or gay?

Whether you like it or not the NBA is a majority-black player base. If he's associated with the team anymore, they will not entice any of the african american players in the NBA to stay or move to play for the Clippers.

In fact, this can be classified strictly as damage control.

Good point, but not only that, as you said earlier this is much bigger than just Sterling and the Clippers, this is about protecting a brand and the revenue this brand generates. If the NBA were to do nothing then they run the risk of losing fans around the league, merchandise sales, and league wide sponsorships. At the end of the day this may have boiled down to a business decision.

Edited by meezy0236

Good point, but not only that, as you said earlier this is much bigger than just Sterling and the Clippers, this is about protecting a brand and the revenue this brand generates. If the NBA were to do nothing then they run the risk of losing fans around the league, merchandise sales, and league wide sponsorships. At the end of the day this may have boiled down to a business decision.

Exactly. They have brands and financial portfolios to protect that our literally valued at the millions.

If the Clippers were publicly traded, the drop in value per share right now would probably have doc rivers considering immediate resignation and a player strike.

WFW said it sets a bad precedent not just for the NBA but in all areas! It was an illegally taped private conversation that the racist scum never thought would get out there in the public.

wZuxj.gif?w=640

Guys, I just now realized the problem.

WFW's a tea partyer.

He's not gonna understand the real issue here.

It counts and he is on the hook for it. Don't come crying to WFW when you get caught for something that you said in private that you never intended the public to hear!

wZuxj.gif?w=640

lol yeah it's a good thing that we never prosecute anyone with illegally captured recordings as admitted evidence... rolleyes.gif

never once has a rapist or murderer been caught in a confession that was illegally obtained or anything...rolleyes.gif

laugh.png

So you are trying to label someone just as that scum Ronald did...that makes you no better than him Jack...WFW is just sayin'ph34r.png

wZuxj.gif?w=640

So you equate calling someone any political label (however negatively applied) involves the same implications as using the n word against someone, or any racially inspired label?

i'm now bamboozled.

WFW said it sets a bad precedent not just for the NBA but in all areas! It was an illegally taped private conversation that the racist scum never thought would get out there in the public.

I understand where you're coming from, but the tapes were made public and his views were heard, at that point another can of worms were opened other than just having a private conversation made public. What you got was a public relations nightmare that threatened a multi billion dollar organization's bottom line, and it's image. Is it a slippery slope? Yes, but the NBA had no choice but to act, and act harshly.

I understand where you're coming from, but the tapes were made public and his views were heard, at that point another can of worms were opened other than just having a private conversation made public. What you got was a public relations nightmare that threatened a multi billion dollar organization's bottom line, and it's image. Is it a slippery slope? Yes, but the NBA had no choice but to act, and act harshly.

In spite of the racial overtones, I have to agree and contend that this was likely not a racially inspired decision beyond that being one of the facets of business they had to consider.

So you equate calling someone any political label (however negatively applied) involves the same implications as using the n word against someone, or any racially inspired label?

i'm now bamboozled.

He'll give you his opinion as soon as he gets it from FOX News or Rush.

lol yeah it's a good thing that we never prosecute anyone with illegally captured recordings as admitted evidence... rolleyes.gif

never once has a rapist or murderer been caught in a confession that was illegally obtained or anything...rolleyes.gif

laugh.png

Florida prisons are filled with such, and a vast majority of 'em for cannabis related non-violent crime.

If WFL and his cronies had their way they'd all rot & die in prison.rolleyes.gif

Florida prisons are filled with such, and a vast majority of 'em for cannabis related non-violent crime.

If WFL and his cronies had their way they'd all rot & die in prison.rolleyes.gif

No doubt.

Man, I seriously hate the Tea Party.

If you're gonna complain about the President, at least complain about the the things that actually -matter-.

In spite of the racial overtones, I have to agree and contend that this was likely not a racially inspired decision beyond that being one of the facets of business they had to consider.

Exactly! The NBA has known for years about Sterling's views and actions, but as long as it was kept from being public knowledge it was ok. As soon as the masses heard this fool's real views, the NBA lost the containment it had of Sterling's actions and were forced to come down hard on him for not only this, but everything else they've known about but failed to act on in the past.