Star Wars Episode 7 Cast Announced

They're Back! 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Cast Officially Announced

48-et-logo_130057.jpg

By David Weiner 38 minutes ago

640_star_wars_episode7_cast_140429.jpg

View photo

They're Back! 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Cast Officially Announced

Your favorites are back! The official cast announcement for Star Wars: Episode VII, directed by J.J. Abrams, has finally been released.

The official cast announcement for Star Wars: Episode VII, directed by J.J. Abrams, has finally been released, and all your favorites are back! Read on to see which original trilogy stars are returning, and which new faces will join the legendary movie series.

Related Video: Did Sam Jackson Crash the Star Wars VII Auditions?

Accompanying a photo of the cast meeting with Abrams, StarWars.com released the statement, "The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film."

The statement continues: "Director J.J. Abrams says, 'We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud.'"

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams, produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Abrams, and Bryan Burk, with composer John Williams also returniung.

Related: Confirmed: R2-D2 to be in New 'Star Wars'

The still untitled Star Wars: Episode VII is scheduled to hit theaters Dec. 18, 2015.

https://celebrity.ya...diacontentstory

I can honestly say as big of a Star Wars fan I was back in the 80's these new incarnations do nothing for me. After literally laboring to stay awake through the last trio you won't be seeing me in theaters for these. I'll probably check em out when they're released though. Hopefully the acting and dialogue will improve as well.

I really, really wish they had come up with a story that didn't involve any of the old cast. Something way in the future or way in the past. It's not like there isn't a metric **** ton of Star Wars material out there from which to work.

Pumped about Adam Driver though.

Edited by The Monarch

I really, really wish they had come up with a story that didn't involve any of the old cast. Something way in the future or way in the past. It's not like there isn't a metric **** ton of Star Wars material out there from which to work.

We are way in the future :):(

Hoping sweet Carrie doesn't wear a bikini, I want to remember her good ole hot days <3

Well, rumors are that she has a nutritionist that's helping her get back in some shape for her old role.

I just wonder how they're going to explain her face being all different in the movie.

Either old age or that she fell in a nest of gundarks.

I've read a bunch of the books and the most exciting would be the Yuuzhong Vong War.

As far as not involving the old cast, good luck with that. I read most of those books because I want to see Luke's exploits after Ep. 6 as a premier Jedi Grandmaster.

I definitely understand that wish, but I feel like any numbered films in the series would have to be at least tangentially tied to the existing story. I'm down for this when it comes to any side projects, though. Let's get a KOTOR film.

Guest fibonacci

Well, rumors are that she has a nutritionist that's helping her get back in some shape for her old role.

I just wonder how they're going to explain her face being all different in the movie.

Either old age or that she fell in a nest of gundarks.

lol at your last comment.

I can honestly say as big of a Star Wars fan I was back in the 80's these new incarnations do nothing for me. After literally laboring to stay awake through the last trio you won't be seeing me in theaters for these. I'll probably check em out when they're released though. Hopefully the acting and dialogue will improve as well.

this is true,come up with an interesting plot why don't you?

I'm not interested in this until they move away from the original cast.

They also made a huge mistake in labeling the Extended Universe non-canon. The only Star Wars book I ever read was the novelization of The Phantom Menace, so I don't know if any of them are any good, but why you would choose to handcuff your options like that makes zero sense.

Edited by Headshøt

They also made a huge mistake in labeling the Extended Universe non-canon. The only Star Wars book I ever read was the novelization of The Phantom Menace, so I don't know if any of them are any good, but why you would choose to handcuff your options like that makes zero sense.

Hmm. They seem pretty canon to me. So far what I've read anyway.

I read a lot of the EU books when I was younger, plus a ton of the comics. There were some really good stories. The grand daddy of them all, and probably the best of the EU, is the early 90s "Thrawn Triology" by Timothy Zahn. They were set 5 years after ROTJ and basically launched the EU and reignited interest in Star Wars. Everyone always assumed Episodes VII-IX would be movie versions of the Thrawn Trilogy, but they obviously **** on that.