Texans Act Unhappy

etherdome

The Texans need to draft a QB. They want one in the first round but they want additional draft picks. I would too. However, there is one problem. Except for the Falcons, they have not received much interest for the #1. Until now, all we have heard is that the Texans like Clowney. That was publicized in order to entice the Falcons (public admirers of Clowney) to move up. My guess is that Tommy has not offered a whole lot, yet.

And now we have another media leak. The Texans can't decide between Manziel and Clowney. This is obviously a ploy to attract offers from Cleveland, Jax and even the Vikings. Something tells me that the Texans will not get better offers. Cleveland likes Manziel, but they also like Carr and Bortles. The Vikings like Bridgewater, as well. So, the Texans are not going to see much more action.

I really think that Tommy can trade for Clowney and pay significantly less than the book value for the #1 pick. I would offer our 2014: 1st and 3rd and 2015: 2nd. And, I would throw in a roster player.

Way too much, IMO.

Most I'd be winning to do is:

Our 1st and 2nd for their 1st and 3rd. We move up 5 spots to get a premium player that they dont need. They are still able to get their man. They move up 26 spots back into the 2nd giving them 3 picks in the top 42 and ammo to move back into the middle of the 1st if the desired.

Screw Trade value charts, that trade is beyond fair IMO. Nobody loses a pick and everyone gets what they want. If they scoff, tell them to kick rocks as they are in no position to barter.

Edited by RubberDucky

The Texans need to draft a QB. They want one in the first round but they want additional draft picks. I would too. However, there is one problem. Except for the Falcons, they have not received much interest for the #1. Until now, all we have heard is that the Texans like Clowney. That was publicized in order to entice the Falcons (public admirers of Clowney) to move up. My guess is that Tommy has not offered a whole lot, yet.

And now we have another media leak. The Texans can't decide between Manziel and Clowney. This is obviously a ploy to attract offers from Cleveland, Jax and even the Vikings. Something tells me that the Texans will not get better offers. Cleveland likes Manziel, but they also like Carr and Bortles. The Vikings like Bridgewater, as well. So, the Texans are not going to see much more action.

I really think that Tommy can trade for Clowney and pay significantly less than the book value for the #1 pick. I would offer our 2014: 1st and 3rd and 2015: 2nd. And, I would throw in a roster player.

Rip Van White would be my choice

I wouldn't offer them nothing. Offer STL a 1st and next years 3rd. Nothing more, nothing less. Houston won't draft Clowney. They need a QB and they need one bad.

I am betting that this is exactly what Tommy has planned. If the Texans draft Clowney, we draft Mack.

I think that is a fair deal. The sweetener could be someone like HD, Biermann or Osi.

Texans and Falcons haven't even talked yet...

Because it's unlikely they are going to take Clowney, and high unlikely Rams will either.

Exactly....all this trade up to #1 talk is foolish in my eyes unless the Texans make a really great deal.

I just don't see the point. If the Texans wanted Clowney, then they more than anybody don't have to wheel and deal but they want a QB and it's clear they do. They just don't want to use the #1 pick on that QB.

I see more than anything a trade with STL, then Jags 2nd, then HOU 3rd as far as probability goes. Just makes too much sense and it wont cost as much even if HOU gives a great deal its gonna have to match what we can basically get from STL

And this is why the Clowney/Atlanta hype is nonsense. If the Falcons were so "serious" about going up to #1 for Clowney they would have picked up the phone.

This is all NFL network pre-draft hype and most of the board fell for it.

Well ths hype for specifically #1 is overstated but they are trading up. I just fully believe it will be #2 or #3

Way too much, IMO.

Most I'd be winning to do is:

Our 1st and 2nd for their 1st and 3rd. We move up 5 spots to get a premium player that they dont need. They are still able to get their man. They move up 26 spots back into the 2nd giving them 3 picks in the top 42 and ammo to move back into the middle of the 1st if the desired.

Screw Trade value charts, that trade is beyond fair IMO. Nobody loses a pick and everyone gets what they want. If they scoff, tell them to kick rocks as they are in no position to barter.

Now thats a trade I think is reasonable. We move up 5 spots early. They move up 26 spots a little later. I think Houston is just trying to push as much out of us as they can, but in reality I cant see us trading that much for 5 spots. Its just crazy.