Taking Plays Off

I hear a lot of talk about how Clowney would take plays off. A high motor is a term people use for relentless players. But let ask this if you have a pass rusher who conserves energy by holding down his ground but doesn't pursue a play on the other side of the field that should be handled by the players on that side but then on 3rd and 5 disrupts the qb or gets the sack and forces the punt. The point is all it takes is one :rd down stop per possession to keeps team from scoring. I want my pass rusher to have the energy to bust through the line so if you give some half effort plays it's ok if you get the sack on 3rd down that's what we lack the stops on :rd down. Clowney will do that our problem is we don't get off the field on third down that's what's got to chamge

I hear a lot of talk about how Clowney would take plays off. A high motor is a term people use for relentless players. But let ask this if you have a pass rusher who conserves energy by holding down his ground but doesn't pursue a play on the other side of the field that should be handled by the players on that side but then on 3rd and 5 disrupts the qb or gets the sack and forces the punt. The point is all it takes is one :rd down stop per possession to keeps team from scoring. I want my pass rusher to have the energy to bust through the line so if you give some half effort plays it's ok if you get the sack on 3rd down that's what we lack the stops on :rd down. Clowney will do that our problem is we don't get off the field on third down that's what's got to chamge

Well that is all good as long as the other team does not score on the plays you take off. To me if a player has to take plays off to be a better player. Then they may need to pick up a better conditioning program.

Well that is all good as long as the other team does not score on the plays you take off. To me if a player has to take plays off to be a better player. Then they may need to pick up a better conditioning program.

they were talking about how Reggie White took plays off...

the guys with big motors are try hards like Bierrman who you know will test you ever snap, but their best usually isn't a game-changing play...they do get the crazy random play where they're in the right place at the right time like his INT returns

I still haven't seen any of these "plays off" everyone mentions. Closest thing I've seen is him trying a cut in or spin outside that doesn't work on the second move then he will stand up, look for the ball and it if its near him he hauls *** to make the tackle. Can't expect him to spin in circles all day if he don't know where the ball's at.

Edited by RideOrDieIce

Yea some ppl actually watch game tape & not highlights & those ppl that just watch highlights should be banned from talking about the draft prospects. It really gets annoying,

I have every college game from this season recorded on DVR. Not one Gamecock game do I see him just standing around. He only stops when the play isn't on his side and he can't reach it or the play is over

I still haven't seen any of these "plays off" everyone mentions. Closest thing I've seen is him trying a cut in or spin outside that doesn't work on the second move then he will stand up, look for the ball and it if its near him he hauls *** to make the tackle. Can't expect him to spin in circles all day if he don't know where the ball's at.

Someone told me him setting the edge against a rush to his side was him "giving up on the play" lol

Intelligence on a message board.....I'm appalled...or is it appaled...or is it apalled ?