Dynasties Are Built With Trade Ups

OldFalcons

Everyone knows if you want to build a solid football team, you trade all your latter round picks for higher players in the first round, that's how the 49ers and Cowboys of the 90's were built and the Dolphins in the 70's.

You know the type of teams that mortgage their drafts for individual players ?

LOSERS !!!!!!

Of course, Ricky Williams won the 3 Super Bowls for the Saints.....but that was just an aberration.

And lets not forget the Super Bowls Minnesota won after the Herschel trade.

I would like someone to name one single "successful" franchise that made a habit of moving up in drafts.

I will admit......I was not for the Julio trade.....I am consistent.....I think it is wrong.....sorry.

3 wide receiver sets, 4 wide receiver sets, 5 wide receiver sets, I don't care if they change the rules and allow 6 wide receiver sets.

I still believe that football games are won by teams that block and tackle better than the other 53 man roster.

So, I know the posters here are filled with snarkiness and smarminess...but seriously......I would love to know about the NFL dynasties of the past built on trading up.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. Because past determines future? Rookie wages, exceptional blue chip players at important positions. If past determines future Wilson wont be successful he's too small, The shotgun formation is just a fad, no team will win in a 43 defense, these mobile qbs don't have a chance to win a ring against a true pocket passer, having major pieces like jerry rice or D. Sanders won't help you get a ring. Get out of here with this garbage. It's all about how you position yourself. It's a chess match. Making splashes for Key players isn't a bad thing if you know what you are getting especially with the rookie pay scale.

Edited by T-Falcon

Lol. Because past determines future? Rookie wages, exceptional blue chip players at important positions. If past determines future Wilson wont be successful he's too small, The shotgun formation is just a fad, no teen will win in a 43 defense, these mobile qbs don't have a chance to win a ring against a true pocket passer, having major pieces like jerry rice or D. Sanders went help you get a ring. Get out of here with this garbage. It's all about how you positron yourself. It's a chess match. Making splashes for Key players isn't a bad thing if you know what you are getting especially with the rookie pay scale.

OK.....but who has successfully done it in the past ?

Oh....I know...the future is different.....sort of lke...."Vick is gonna revolutionize the game".....lol

sorry....was that snarky ?

OK.....but who has successfully done it in the past ?

Oh....I know...the future is different.....sort of lke...."Vick is gonna revolutionize the game".....lol

Yeah imagine if we had Tomlinson and brees instead of Vick don't get me wrong I hate the ain't but I have to admit he's pretty darn good

sorry....was that snarky ?