Idk If This Has Been Discussed If It Has Srry...

Falkonator

I would be a bit annoyed if there was a trade up in general. The 2011 draft where TD went up and got Julio was a very top heavy draft with a big talent drop off after the top half of the first round. This year is the opposite of that. Yes Clowney may be a once in a lifetime player, but would that really be worth the potential to add 3 or 4 starters in one draft? I don't think so but your opinion may vary.

As for trading up for Mack, I would hate to trade up to a spot where the price is being driven up by another player (Clowney). I think Mack may be the better player, and may be more versatile than the Clowney in Nolan's scheme, but that doesn't mean you jump the Rams to get him. I personally think the Rams go OT and then the Falcons pick up the phone and deal with the Jags. Grabbing Mack there should cost significantly less, especially with the Jags needing a QB so badly.

I would be a bit annoyed if there was a trade up in general. The 2011 draft where TD went up and got Julio was a very top heavy draft with a big talent drop off after the top half of the first round. This year is the opposite of that. Yes Clowney may be a once in a lifetime player, but would that really be worth the potential to add 3 or 4 starters in one draft? I don't think so but your opinion may vary.

As for trading up for Mack, I would hate to trade up to a spot where the price is being driven up by another player (Clowney). I think Mack may be the better player, and may be more versatile than the Clowney in Nolan's scheme, but that doesn't mean you jump the Rams to get him. I personally think the Rams go OT and then the Falcons pick up the phone and deal with the Jags. Grabbing Mack there should cost significantly less, especially with the Jags needing a QB so badly.

Yeah hes' worth it...lol. More picks don't make you better, it gives you more picks...lol.

Yeah hes' worth it...lol. More picks don't make you better, it gives you more picks...lol.

Yep I agree, as the Falcons would need to have the picks they give up to be starters to at least an upgrade to what they have now. We all know that from the past draft that once you get past the top 10 players don't always work out as you would like. Heck even so above the top 10 picks.

If TD is not sure bout the picks at 6 and below best trade up and take you guy.

I said potential, not actual, though I think if TD turned the picks he would trade to get Clowney into 3 starters and a couple probowl invites then people might not think Clowney at any production value would be worth it.

I don't delude myself into thinking I have the football scouting insight that some of you do. That being said, it looks to me that this draft has much more talent outside the very top than the 2011 draft. If that is true (like I said, I am no scout or even close), I would rather fill some more holes. My big questions would be what do the Falcons do at free safety, right tackle and linebacker if they get Clowney and one pick in the 3rd?

I said potential, not actual, though I think if TD turned the picks he would trade to get Clowney into 3 starters and a couple probowl invites then people might not think Clowney at any production value would be worth it.

I don't delude myself into thinking I have the football scouting insight that some of you do. That being said, it looks to me that this draft has much more talent outside the very top than the 2011 draft. If that is true (like I said, I am no scout or even close), I would rather fill some more holes. My big questions would be what do the Falcons do at free safety, right tackle and linebacker if they get Clowney and one pick in the 3rd?

No, you're actually pretty good with the knowledge man. In fact its overrated to think anyone is better than others at it. Football is not that complicated bro. Its about taking a look at what a player has, the amount of teaching he will receive, and what the team has and make a supposition from there. I am NO WHERE near TD and Louis Riddick, or any of those guys who have been doing it. Just some guy woh took some classes and the time to look into things. That's about the same as a guy who loves law, took some classes, and studied on his own as a opposed to lawyers and judges.

As for FS, to me the talent pool looks the same for a couple of rounds. Then there are those at CB who are actually NFL tweeners. (Deep at similar talent levels) Then there is RT... http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/OT

LB can be had too, but we are not hurting that bad there. If we are then there are a few fliers at OLB and a few #3 and 4 guys at ILB.