I Am Leaning Toward A Cruise For A July Vacation...any Advice?

Flip Wilson

My family has owned a couple of places at the beach for almost 30 years and my Mother recently sold them. So we have always vacationed there without fail. Now, we are open to doing some other things. Everyone seems excited at the notion of going on a cruise. I have spent no longer than 20 min so far looking on the internet for possible cruise lines, destinations, and departures. I was hoping some of you might have some recomendations.

July is the middle of the hurricane season in the Atlantic so I wouldn't cruise there.

I wouldn't let that stop you... One of the cruises I went on was supposed to go around the Eastern Caribbean (Virgin Islands, Bahamas) but there was a hurricane coming near there so they just rerouted us to Mexico/Belize/Honduras.

IMO the destination and cruiseline doesn't really matter; now I've only been on two with the other being to the Bahamas, and one was Royal Caribbean and the other was Carnival. It's a blast either way, and IMO the way to go when doing a tropical vacation.

Guest fibonacci

Disney Cruise is great if you have kids but it's also $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Always wanted to know how Mickey could be on the cruise and at disney world all in the same day. heck sometimes he can be at a parade on the same day as well.

Guest Regular Guy

I went about 10-12 years ago to the Bahamas on Carnival and LOVED IT! I went in the summer as well, it's not as hot as here. It's actually not that bad. There's so much to do on the ship that you actually don't even have to leave it. There's gambling, live shows (magic, comedy, musical) and shopping on board. Pre pay your tips, best "tip" I can give you. Also, if you are a soda drinker (coke, sprite, etc...) go ahead and buy a drink card. It'll save you a LOT of money. They don't hold back on the booze in their drinks either so be prepared to get very buzzed on only one drink ;)

The food is great AND endless. Midnight buffets, pizza around the clock, high end dinners (prime rib and lobster). You'll never eat better than on a cruise. The shore excursions are cool too. We went snorkeling with sting rays in Freeport and then snorkeling in a cove in Nassau. LOADS of fun, about time to book another one I think!

id say pick the cruise line that fits you and your fam.... read the reviews of the cruise your thinking about going.. it will tell you about the good and bad from prev families that have taken it.... I'd also say try to go more than 3 days... 4+ days are good so you can have time to relax on the boat and go to the ports and not be dog tired at the end... check if you need passports as well the cruise lines will tell you what you need...... try to at lease have 1 day to get your land legs back due to all the movement from sea....dry.png

I did the carnival thing with my wife and 2 kids about 12 yrs ago, cape Canaveral to nassau and back,I would not do it again,why? The ship is just too dam big, bout 3000 people in a floating mallthe food was good,but the rooms were small, and I felt like part of a giant ant farm.

July is the middle of the hurricane season in the Atlantic so I wouldn't cruise there.

actually hurricane season starts june 1 and its a low chance anything forms during the early-mid july. august through september is when it suppose to be the peak of the season. i wouldnt cruise the mexican rivera during july at all