This Is Why I Think We Will Trade Up.

TD and Smith are on the hot seat and need to get their nuts together this year or else it's clean house. If they want to have a good year they're going to get their guy as their jobs depend on it. So I believe they're targeting a trade up for a player who will make an immediate impact. Who else would make an immediate impact rather than Clowney or Robinson? Not saying I want this to happen but it makes sense. BLANK WANTS TO WIN. So come May 8th when our pick is in I wouldn't doubt that'll be in the top 3.

Edited by JackandQuizz

Guest facelessman07

I don't buy all these private meetings and workouts we've had with Clowney. Think it's just a smokescreen. TD and Co. just wanna find out if he'll make a good golfing buddy for Smitty since they kicked Sugar Bear outta town

Who else would make an immediate impact rather than Clowney or Robinson?

Any player we get at #6 is going to make an immediate impact. Drafting Robinson, Matthews or Lewan will immediately come in and start at RT. And they would play arguably more snaps than any other prospect we could choose. While also giving the flexibility to play LT. Some people may question Robinson at LT, but if Baker goes down he may be a better option than anyone else on our roster at that spot.

Any player we get at #6 is going to make an immediate impact. Drafting Robinson, Matthews or Lewan will iprocess. ely come in and start at RT. And they would play arguably more snaps than any other prospect we could choose. While also giving the flexibility to play LT. Some people may question Robinson at LT, but if Baker goes down he may be a better option than anyone else on our roster at that spot.

I wouldn't bet on it if its a OT

Look at the past two drafts and the tackles have struggled big time out of the top 3 tackles last year Homles as bad as he was had a higher grade than two of them.

I'm not saying we shouldn't take a tackle but we need to be patient with whoever we'd get if he's good day one great if not well its part of the processBecause most young tackles do struggle especially ones who will pay in a pass heavy offense.

Guest Negatorris

Forget the dumb reports about Clowney being lazy, every player who has had to block him and has made comments has said the same thing... The dude is a monster.

Yeah and he also said Robinson and Matthews were tough as nail's to compete against. We have guy's now that didn't even get to play until the last part of the season.

Truth be known, Mass is gunna be a beast this year. That dude had a look in his eye's vs the 49er's like "I can't wait till next season".

Edited by Supa Dupa Falcon

I wouldn't bet on it if its a OT

Look at the past two drafts and the tackles have struggled big time out of the top 3 tackles last year Homles as bad as he was had a higher grade than two of them.

I'm not saying we shouldn't take a tackle but we need to be patient with whoever we'd get if he's good day one great if not well its part of the processBecause most young tackles do struggle especially ones who will pay in a pass heavy offense.

I'm right there with you because i have used this same exact argument earlier in this offseason. Joeckel and Fisher both did struggle. And yes both were played out of position at RT. But from what analysts are saying now, Matthews/Robinson/Lewan are all better prospects than Fisher/Jockel.

Not sure if i agree, but they know OT's better than me. Regardless, you cant base your entire opinion on what happened in last years draft. Its not that simple, but i do agree that it does have some value.

And if you look at it on a per snap basis, an OT will probably be playing more snaps than any other person we pick at 6.

I'm right there with you because i have used this same exact argument earlier in this offseason. Joeckel and Fisher both did struggle. And yes both were played out of position at RT. But from what analysts are saying now, Matthews/Robinson/Lewan are all better prospects than Fisher/Jockel.

Not sure if i agree, but they know OT's better than me. Regardless, you cant base your entire opinion on what happened in last years draft. Its not that simple, but i do agree that it does have some value.

And if you look at it on a per snap basis, an OT will probably be playing more snaps than any other person we pick at 6.

I agree. Fisher, for one was a raw small school guy that had great measurables and athleticism. I think Andy Reid saw the potential of him this year at LT after Albert left. I think he'll be right btw fisher is greatly suited for LT. He did improve btw even at RT.

Joekel got hurt early,so bad saying he sucked. Plus as you said had Lewan and Matthews came out last year they would have been rated higher than both joekel and fisher by many.

The trade up for a Clowney is enticing, but for some reason I'm not sure the texans even want the trade. Do they really pass on a player with that much potential? Forget they got JJ watt, they can get both on field. And if they did trade what would they want?

Mack, I'm sorry but he has questions. Small school competition. Decent size and good burst and instincts, but watch his bowl game against SDSU--it was hard to find him.

Ironically, if we have patience if we want edge rusher at good cost Barr is supremely gifted. He could be a stud, but he's raw.

In the end it's never bad to fortify your lines ....

I agree. Fisher, for one was a raw small school guy that had great measurables and athleticism. I think Andy Reid saw the potential of him this year at LT after Albert left. I think he'll be right btw fisher is greatly suited for LT. He did improve btw even at RT.

Joekel got hurt early,so bad saying he sucked. Plus as you said had Lewan and Matthews came out last year they would have been rated higher than both joekel and fisher by many.

The trade up for a Clowney is enticing, but for some reason I'm not sure the texans even want the trade. Do they really pass on a player with that much potential? Forget they got JJ watt, they can get both on field. And if they did trade what would they want?

Mack, I'm sorry but he has questions. Small school competition. Decent size and good burst and instincts, but watch his bowl game against SDSU--it was hard to find him.

Ironically, if we have patience if we want edge rusher at good cost Barr is supremely gifted. He could be a stud, but he's raw.

In the end it's never bad to fortify your lines ....

You forget they have Cushing too who is a stud in his own right. Serviceable at bare minimum. But he sets up a lot of push for Watt. Its like Aldon and Justin Smith.

Edited by RideOrDieIce

You forget they have Cushing too whonisna srud in his own right.

Nah didn't forget. He's an ILB btw They have Mercilus as well. Adding more pass rushers to a potent defense is never an issue.. They can trot out a 34 like this

JJ watt 5 tech

Cushing ILB

Reed ILB can play inside as well

Clowney OLB

Mercilus OLB

That's a heckuva pass rush. Not too mention 43 looks with watt inside, Cushing and reed as LBs and Mercilus and Clowney off edge

Nah didn't forget. He's an ILB btw They have Mercilus as well. Adding more pass rushers to a potent defense is never an issue.. They can trot out a 34 like this

JJ watt 5 tech

Cushing ILB

Reed ILB can play inside as well

Clowney OLB

Mercilus OLB

That's a heckuva pass rush. Not too mention 43 looks with watt inside, Cushing and reed as LBs and Mercilus and Clowney off edge

Let them have Clowney, give us Cushing for our 2nd or 3rd rounder and pickup Barr/Ford in 2nd/3rd and grab Mathews at 6. There, we're all happy. *They are a 3-4 D anyways, so Clowney is kind of a oddball.* sure you can use a DE in a 3-4 by making him play OLB but you don't send the Kraken to chase butterflies, you send him to kill Perseus...

Edited by RideOrDieIce

Let them have Clowney, give us Cushing for our 2nd or 3rd rounder and pickup Barr/Ford in 2nd/3rd and grab Mathews at 6. There, we're all happy. *They are a 3-4 D anyways, so Clowney is kind of a oddball.*

They're now a hybrid under Crennel. He can use them. I like Cushing but he's hurt like spoon all the time.

I'm sure they'll trade the pick for a heckuva price

They're now a hybrid under Crennel. He can use them. I like Cushing but he's hurt like spoon all the time.

I'm sure they'll trade the pick for a heckuva price

The nice thing about having him with Watt is that he will learn a lot from him. The problem is that they don't really need him. Their pass rush is already good. Yeah they could have a monster D but you can't tell me Seattle would a won the SB with Fitz.

I think we trade up for Clowney or Mack. We need a DE. We need a FS. I do not even think OT is a major need this year. We cannot have our defense give up 20+ points 15 games a season.

That's what I'm saying Clowney/Mack. Baker will be our starting LT and Carimi will be our starting RT. Holmes will be our swing tackle and back-up LT and Schraeder will continue to develop and be our back-up RT.