Anyone Have Or Collect Action Figures....

Flip Wilson

....or as my wife calls them, Dolls? Before anyone compares me to The 40 Year Old Virgin....I'm almost 46 and I have 3 children...so if my math serves me right I have had *** at least 3 times. Yeah...3 times sounds just about right. So anyway, I wouldn't call myself an avid collector by any means as most collectors would try to keep everything in the original packaging. I like to display mine in a case so I don't want to keep it in packaging. Both of my boys probably have about 200 or so between them but mostly for playing with.

0426142257_zps945a26cb.jpg

0426142257a_zps2dac3e7d.jpg

I have managed to keep this set in the package that my wife bought me...

0426142300a_zpsf4347532.jpg

Guest fibonacci

Just started selling my power ranger stuff. I still have the megazord and green dragon in great condition. Never been taken out and the box is in 8.5 condition. Really unsure what I'm going to try to sell them for.

Still have some xmen stuff in packages. But it hasn't been long enough for that to be worth anything.

Then i have Spiderman wedding and first sembiot (spelling, I'm in my phone) Spiderman, superman and super man dies comic books, late 80's cards of marvel. But again, not worth that much right now. And you just reminded me i need to buy death of captain America series. Thanks

Also had a ton of my cards stolen. I had stacks of three ring binders. Had almost all of flair complete set from 80-89. But sadly someone took them from my moms house. Very sad.

My most prised position is a early 90's spider man vs venom hologram card. Only 200 or so was made. But it has not been long enough for it to be worth something.

Also if anyone is interested in buying my power ranger stuff, I'll sell. Most of it ours sill in package and only a few been played with. All the flip head and enemies of the small figures. Then all the first series of the bad guys. Then first and second series of the tall rangers. Good bit of zords but just sold red dragon, team, thor the turtle, and tiger zords. Even have zordons hideout set. And a lot of other stuff. And most of it is in it's package.

Lastly i was a weird kid who never played with my touts. I kept them in a package and thought of it as college money.

My wife found it hilarious until she saw how much money i was making from just a few power ranger zords. She quickly stopped and started saying, "we really need to put then in their own closet, so no one messes them up, and etc."

Guest fibonacci

I've still got all my old G1 Transformers from when I was a kid and well as a lot of the new Masterpiece line their doing these days.

mps_zpsc6223304.jpg

nice. I miss the metal toys

Lastly i was a weird kid who never played with my touts. I kept them in a package and thought of it as college money.

You think that's weird, when I got all my 80's Transformers out of my parents attic a few years ago I remembered that I kept all the boxes because I always loved the box art for those things. What I didn't remember was carefully cutting the plastic bubbles they came in so I could put them back in the plastic after playing with them, and keeping ALL the paper work like the instructions, used sticker sheets, and even the dang receipts from the store in the box as well. lol What freaking 11 year old does this???

YKW sighting!

Also, I had that exact same coffee cup and it was my favorite. Until my wife dropped it in the sink and the handle broke off. "Accident" huh.

My wife and my mother will buy me practically everything they see with a Falcons logo on it. I'm not a coffee drinker so I just put those in the case. I have a cool big Falcons cup that is my favorite to drink out of.

Guest fibonacci

You think that's weird, when I got all my 80's Transformers out of my parents attic a few years ago I remembered that I kept all the boxes because I always loved the box art for those things. What I didn't remember was carefully cutting the plastic bubbles they came in so I could put them back in the plastic after playing with them, and keeping ALL the paper work like the instructions, used sticker sheets, and even the dang receipts from the store in the box as well. lol What freaking 11 year old does this???

never kept the receipt.

The paper work that is in the boxes are really cool. The paper work even on the power rangers for the first serious, is cool.

I've still got all my old G1 Transformers from when I was a kid and well as a lot of the new Masterpiece line their doing these days.

mps_zpsc6223304.jpg

Holy **** those are ******* awesome.

No, I don't, but I'm not gonna lie, if I had the extra scratch I would buy a few of the all metal, fully transform able Robotech Veritech Masters' series.

I have a Jon Snow figure that a friend of mine got me for Christmas one year because he knows I like Game of Thrones. Haven't been able to find it in months though.

Also, if you know someone isn't into figurines, getting them one just because they like the show or movie that they're based on isn't a particularly good idea.

I used to collect marvel action figures... I grew up on xmen comics and the 90s cartoon. It carried over to other marvel properties. I had several marvel toys, spiderman, iron man, F4, etc. I collected them for years until they just got too expensive, i didn't have a display to put them in and i wasn't interested in setting one up, many arent in very good of condition and honestly, the allure just went away... they're all in a tote in my garage. my niece and nephew plays with them when they come over.

• 1 month later...