Bounty Bowl

mvcrook

Did anyone notice that the NFL Network aired the Saints/vikings NFC Championship game from 2009 in its entirety? I'm not sure why they aired it today but it was on. I remember a year or so ago, they were airing a string of conference championship games and they intentionally omitted this one due to how reprehensible and dirty the Saints were in that game and they didn't want to promote it. What's changed?

What are you guys' thoughts on it?

I'm guessing it was because the penalty for the bounty was already served and it was forgotten. If it really was a bounty where players were paid for injuring a player as opposed to a good play being made the punishment was deserved, but it's been served. The game was a pretty good game, and in the end the supposed bounty on the game really had little impact anyway, Vikings offense still drove up and down the field. The big difference was turnovers, and most if not all the turnovers were not caused by Favre being under diress, just the Saints nose for the ball. The nfl.com talent take description for the game is a complete crock of ****. That game was an iron man performance from a QB by Favre. The argument from bitter fans that the Saints win is tainted is a complete crock as well, they won fair and square.

Maybe someone yesterday was high. I hope he doesnt lose his job for air`ing it.

or

It could be the NFL trying to do like those drunk driving commercials. Where they show you a bad crash to show you not to drink and drive.NFL might want rookies to know not to take blood money.

But this ain't about me and this ain't about you

Or the good and the bad times we've both been through

When the lines between brothers and justice have changed

You do what you've gotta cause you can't walk away

Blood money, that's what I call it

'Cause money for blood ain't no fair exchange

Blood money

Bought and then sold you

But your conscience is all you can take to your grave.

Delayed blitzes that hit a qb at full speed, after the ball is long gone, is something that I find a little screwed up. Some of them are flagged, some of them aren't. They (NFL, REFS) need to be somewhat on the same page when it comes to those. Whatever it is. If they opt to never fine another player for those, then I'm fine with that. and vice versa.

I mean, nailing a qb as hard as possible after the ball is gone, is legal, but lightly brushing the helmet of a qb is a 15 yard flag? Get the F out of here. Not talking about head shots either. I'm just talking about light touches of a qb's helmet.

Maybe someone yesterday was high. I hope he doesnt lose his job for air`ing it.

or

It could be the NFL trying to do like those drunk driving commercials. Where they show you a bad crash to show you not to drink and drive.NFL might want rookies to know not to take blood money.

But this ain't about me and this ain't about you

Or the good and the bad times we've both been through

When the lines between brothers and justice have changed

You do what you've gotta cause you can't walk away

Blood money, that's what I call it

'Cause money for blood ain't no fair exchange

Blood money

Bought and then sold you

But your conscience is all you can take to your grave.

In your face saints fans

Sure does Meezy. And let's not forget we're talking 5 seasons ago when the rules weren't as tough as they are now. Thar Saints won the game and some can't get over that. Only ones complaining still are some of the Viking and Falcon fans .... Go figure.

you all probably won't believe this, but I am just as happy that the Saints got the last REAL George Halas Trophy before they messed up the conference championship trophies.

Everyone in the NFCS already had one and we finally got ours the last year they had it

I hate the look of the conference trophies now