Does Standing Pat Mean A Tackle

Guest King Jigsaw

Actually "stand pat" just means that you're not moving up or down but rather staying in current spot. It is not synonymous with any one position.

I hope so, this is the most no brainier 1st round pick in a long time. We are going to be able to grab one of the top OT's in the draft with this pick and that was clearly our biggest weakness last year and with the other Oline moves we made this would complete a very good oline for years to come.

TD can pretty much do no wrong with this pick just grabbing the best OT left at #6. We have enough draft picks this year to really fill our depth and even starting safety spot after out 6th pick if TD just stay put at #6.

Edited by MAD597

Depends on if the FO thinks Holmes can be effective this year.

They will give him one more shot at Tackle. This is why I think we pass on a tackle and go defense.

Unless Robinson is there.

The Falcons want to get bigger and stronger on the lines. Matthews and Lewan are finesse players. Don't confuse Lewan's dirty play for strength and toughness.

I've started to really not like Lewan. I would rather have the guy who is a student of the position and all its intricacies over a guy with a bad attitude. Coaches and staff can always instruct players to play mean.

Not having a bad attitude is the reason why the offensive line is a joke. They don't even protect Ryan when he gets hit with a cheap shot.

I've started to really not like Lewan. I would rather have the guy who is a student of the position and all its intricacies over a guy with a bad attitude. Coaches and staff can always instruct players to play mean.

Thank you, it felt like i was the only one that didn't like Lewan around here anymore.

Not having a bad attitude is the reason why the offensive line is a joke. They don't even protect Ryan when he gets hit with a cheap shot.

That to me just shows lack of leadership on the line. Which is a direct result of throwing one together in a hurry do to leadership. I'm not liking the idea of sacrificing talent and skill simply for a bad attitude. That can be instilled through coaching. Let Tice have the better player and teach him.

That to me just shows lack of leadership on the line. Which is a direct result of throwing one together in a hurry do to leadership. I'm not liking the idea of sacrificing talent and skill simply for a bad attitude. That can be instilled through coaching. Let Tice have the better player and teach him.

Lewan could very well be the best Tackle out of the 3.

Not even a little bit.

You know this how? Care to tell me the lotto numbers for next week so I can win it since you know already.

He very well could be. I don't see it happening but that doesn't mean much. lol

We could get a standout Tackle or a Robert Gallery. Nobody knows.

You know this how? Care to tell me the lotto numbers for next week so I can win it since you know already.

Obviously nobody knows the future, but by that logic why don't we just pick Donald Hawkins with our #6 pick, he's an OT and who knows, maybe he'll be the best OT in the class.

There's no reason to think Lewan is the best OT in the class. None. And i doubt you'll find anyone to say otherwise that actually knows what they're talking about.

Obviously nobody knows the future, but by that logic why don't we just pick Donald Hawkins with our #6 pick, he's an OT and who knows, maybe he'll be the best OT in the class.

There's no reason to think Lewan is the best OT in the class. None. And i doubt you'll find anyone to say otherwise that actually knows what they're talking about.

Never said he was the best, I said he will end up being the pick. But I did say he could be the best Tackle out of the 3.