Dee Ford - As Good As Clowney And Possibly There At Pick 37

Bring It

Dee Ford is nowhere close to being as good as Clowney. These comparisons need to stop.

Clowney is (IMO) going to be a bust due to having 0 motor (dude put up 3.5 sacks his senior season because he was scared to get hurt... and don't give me the double team BS, any team with a good rusher is going to see him get double teamed) and Ford will end up being a reliable starter/depth on some team.

Attachou/Mack/Lawrence/Barr are where it's at this draft.

Guest King Jigsaw

Clowney is a bust and Ford will end up being a reliable starter/depth on some team.

How can Clowney be a bust before the draft? Before he's taken a single NFL snap? Stop spreading ignorance.

How can Clowney be a bust before the draft? Before he's taken a single NFL snap? Stop spreading ignorance.

Bottom line..........it doesn't matter Squat what we here think of these players. Come May 8, TD and his staff of dozens will make known THEIR decisions.

They like Ford.

A lot.

Bottom line..........it doesn't matter Squat what we here think of these players. Come May 8, TD and his staff of dozens will make known THEIR decisions.

They like Ford.

A lot.

Bottom line is Ford is not better than Clowney right now. Not by a mile.

Ford can rush the passer and not much else.

Clowney can rush, play the run better than most, and has the ability to drop in coverage.

Guest King Jigsaw

Fixed it for you, tiger ;)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but nothing is guaranteed. Mack could be Aaron Curry, Barr could be JA98, Donald could be Peria Jerry. You never know. Clowney constantly had attention on him more than any other defensive player in the country and was already playing hurt. The bone spurs in his foot were a nagging injury that never got a chance to heal but also didn't stop him from putting up incredible numbers at his pro day as well as the combine. The dude's a player, just get used to hearing his name.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but nothing is guaranteed. Mack could be Aaron Curry, Barr could be JA98, Donald could be Peria Jerry. You never know. Clowney constantly had attention on him more than any other defensive player in the country and was already playing hurt. The bone spurs in his foot were a nagging injury that never got a chance to heal but also didn't stop him from putting up incredible numbers at his pro day as well as the combine. The dude's a player, just get used to hearing his name.

Good point, fair post. Love your avatar btw!

Guest King Jigsaw

Good point, fair post. Love your avatar btw!

'Preciate it, forgot where I found it but I thought it was highly accurate. I drank a lot during this past season lol.

We would need to trade up to get ford, the stains have their eye on him. I say trade down for prior then trade up and get him.

If we were to trade down for Pryor, Ford will still be on the board. No need to trade back up. I don't see him going in the 1st.

Clowney is (IMO) going to be a bust due to having 0 motor (dude put up 3.5 sacks his senior season because he was scared to get hurt... and don't give me the double team BS, any team with a good rusher is going to see him get double teamed) and Ford will end up being a reliable starter/depth on some team.

*Triple teamed* when he was doubled he still made a lot of plays.

They like Ford.

A lot.

Well, Ford waas the MVP of the Senior Bowl which the staff coached...and completely destroyed the North line. He was extremely impressive at the Senior Bowl...

He's not even big enough to play DE at 244 lbs.

This team needs someone bigger and faster than Cam, you think this guy is taking him down?

This team needs someone who can abuse the Saints tackles with speed and power and ragdoll Brees.

Get Clowney, there are plenty of big long armed RTs to be had later to throw in the competition.

I'd link you to the thread I made regarding how Clowney impacts each matchup within the NFC South but some clown "merged" it into some 30 page long garbage for some brilliant reason.

Edited by NSAInYourUnderwear

For those talking about Clowney's 1 bad statistical season, if he didn't have it there would be no chance of us being able to get him.

Every other season he's balled out and filled up the stat sheet.

He's a physical freak that can straight leave tackles in the dust inside or outside.

Just search his name for video or animations. He's a freak on the football field. He has real football skills, instincts and is a devastating hitter.

This isn't a kid that needs to learn how to be a beast with his gifts.

He is a beast who had 1 bad statistical season and is still more gifted and talented than any pass rusher in this draft by a WIDE MARGIN that they will never be able to cover, and an absolute MISMATCH vs all the tackles in this division.