Falcons Have The Hardest Schedule In The Nfc South

Guest King Jigsaw

Our schedule is hard because we play them, who was in the playoffs. Their schedule is easy because they play us. 2014 SOS is based on 2013 W-L where we were 4-12. It means nothing.

You guys ***** about the schedule every year after it comes out but then by the end of the season all you guys do is ***** about how easy the schedule was and that's why the Falcons get no respect. It's like you guys are too dumb to understand that when you beat teams it lowers your SOS and when you lose to teams it raises your SOS.

No one is crying about it. Just pointing out that I didn't need another reason to dislike them but I got another.

Let me break this down for you. Maybe then you'll understand it.

SAINTS

Panthers - 12-4

Panthers - 12-4

Falcons - 4-12

Falcons - 4-12

Buccaneers - 4-12

Buccaneers - 4-12

Packers - 8-7-1

Bears - 8-8

Lions - 7-9

Vikings - 5-10-1

Bengals - 11-5

Steelers - 8-8

Ravens - 8-8

Browns - 4-12

49ers - 12-4

Cowboys - 8-8

TOTALS - 119-135-2 (.469) (They didn't factor in the 2 ties)

FALCONS

Panthers - 12-4

Panthers - 12-4

Saints - 11-5

Saints - 11-5

Buccaneers - 4-12

Buccaneers - 4-12

Packers - 8-7-1

Bears - 8-8

Lions - 7-9

Vikings - 5-10-1

Bengals - 11-5

Steelers - 8-8

Ravens - 8-8

Browns - 4-12

Cardinals 10-6

Giants - 7-9

TOTALS - 130-124-2 (.512) (They didn't factor in the 2 ties)

Take out divisional games and here's what each team's SOS ends up being.

Saints - 79-79-2 (.500)

Falcons - 76-82-2 (.481)

The difference in the Saints and Falcons strength of schedule is because of the Falcons being 4-12 last year which the Saints were 11-5. I have no on earthly idea why that is so difficult for people to understand.

These things are always silly. Teams change so drastically, from year to year, that trying to base strength of schedule on the previous year's records is very flawed.

Well IMO arguing SOS as some sort of sign whether a team did bad or good is kind of dumb anyway. Teams play who they're scheduled. Trying to use it for or against them like a lot of pundits do is asinine.

Well IMO arguing SOS as some sort of sign whether a team did bad or good is kind of dumb anyway. Teams play who they're scheduled. Trying to use it for or against them like a lot of pundits do is asinine.

A much better thing to do, is to look back, and say how hard of a schedule each team had the year before, based on their records.