The Difference Between Clowney And Jones

etherdome

A few years ago, Tommy pulled off a shocking trade to draft Julio Jones. He was heavily criticized in the press and even his own mentor, Belicheck advised him otherwise. Well, Tommy made the move and added a true star, a difference maker. Few people criticize Tommy for the move today. Looking at the players obtained from the trade, it is clear that the Falcons came out on top.

The story may repeat itself this year. Rumors are flying that the Falcons are seriously considering a trade up for Jadeveon Clowney. Even before the trade is consummated, the press is laughing at Tommy. Cries of desperation and clueless leadership abound. Why? Didn't Tommy earn the benefit of the doubt with the Jones trade? Apparently not.

After the JJ trade was announced, I have to admit that I felt calm and truly happy. After all, we had just added the one piece that seemed to be missing. But, just as importantly, we added a genuinely good man. JJ had a sterling record of hard work and unquestioned character. JJ was a true man, before he became a Falcon. No reasonable person doubted that JJ would be a great addition, a player who could be counted upon to move the franchise forward. If the Clowney trade is finalized, I can't say that I would feel the same way.

Clowney has a checkered behavioral background. He is a unique athlete, but he has had to put in little effort to succeed. He has been a monster among boys. The problem is that he acts more like a child than a man. He skips workouts, feigns injury and generally floats through his college career. He has spent more time in traffic court than working on alternative pass rushing moves. Don't get me wrong, I respect his obvious talent. But, if you excuse me, I don't trust a man that hasn't worked a day in his life. And that, my friends, is exactly who Jadeveon Clowney is.........a young man who has not had to truly work to succeed at football. Some people marvel at his skills, I get that. But, I want a player that I can count on to face adversity and work through the tough times. I don't see any evidence that Clowney can do that.

So, to me, Clowney is no Julio.........not by a long shot.

I'm not big on trading up for Clowney. But you guys are getting carried away. You do not run a 4.52 forty at 6'5" 266lbs without working hard. I am not saying he's the hardest worker. I am saying it's silly to think he's lazy.

The big thing I worry about Clowney is once his rookie deal is up and they pay him big money. Will he still play 100%? Or will it be I got paid so I don't need to play to hard now.

I'm not big on trading up for Clowney. But you guys are getting carried away. You do not run a 4.52 forty at 6'5" 266lbs without working hard. I am not saying he's the hardest worker. I am saying it's silly to think he's lazy.

Ok. He worked hard for the 4.52 seconds he was running it. Unfortunately he ran that sprint unimpeded by an NFL caliber offensive lineman.

So, unfortunately, we'll have to insist that he work a little harder.

Clowney has a checkered behavioral background. He is a unique athlete, but he has had to put in little effort to succeed. He has been a monster among boys. The problem is that he acts more like a child than a man. He skips workouts, feigns injury and generally floats through his college career. He has spent more time in traffic court than working on alternative pass rushing moves. Don't get me wrong, I respect his obvious talent. But, if you excuse me, I don't trust a man that hasn't worked a day in his life. And that, my friends, is exactly who Jadeveon Clowney is.........a young man who has not had to truly work to succeed at football. Some people marvel at his skills, I get that. But, I want a player that I can count on to face adversity and work through the tough times. I don't see any evidence that Clowney can do that.

Always wants to find the small things to pick about on someone great I mean really all you got is you "THINK" he's lazy based of other people you don't know him like that if we go be picky like that's let's get on Mack with small school and Robinson with no pass protection...Clowney is clearly a #1 prospect and yall just can't admit he is something special and still is and will be the #1 pick by atlanta get use to it he's coming home

Difference is Jones work ethic was never in question, but his injury status was.

Difference is we could have drafted someone in Dez to replace Jones, which is why I didn't like the trade initially, especially when receivers were being traded for peanuts (example: Boldin was traded to the Ravens for a 3rd rounder.)

Difference is Jones plays a positon where he already had help as a Falcon. We had a good receiving corpse to where DCs couldn't just focus on Jones.

Differnece is you can always accomodate your best offensive weapon in your gameplans, while opposing OCs gamplan to take your best defensive weapon completely out of the game.

Well, I think TD will get his man whoever it is no matter what.

I like that about him.

I just hope its GROB.

If he can't pass protect as some say^ move him to DT.

Cross-training for the win.

Well if clowney can't play de because of work ethic or whatever move him to play te he is big n fast enough lol

Edited by DreadedB

Well if clowney can't play de because of work ethic or whatever move him to play te he is big n fast enough lol

That would be Sweet if clowney can catch,

thats one reason trading back for TE Ebron would be good idea,

but GRob would murder Hawley or Konz.

Anyway, Mack could play MLB!

I'm sure all the Olinemen he played against would say they wished the guy had word harder against them.

Face it, he's just a big, fast kid who's good at football. At your place of work I bet you can name at least one person who doesn't work as hard as you but, is gifted and therefore better at the job than you are. Don't hate the man for not reaching his full potential if the status he's achieved so far is beyond your grasp.

The guy is good at two things 1. Football and 2. Spawning Arse Clowns who either love or hate him.

Funny thing is, if Jones went to any other team he probably would've been a bust... Our dependency on White takes pressure off of him being the go-to man. Jones is so wreckless he would've gotten injured if he immediately stepped into a #1 role anywhere else, especially teams with the sorry QB's that were picking in the top 10... I think Jones is great but I honestly feel we helped him more than he helped us.

Edited by Macintez

Tbh I see TD trading up multiple times into the first coming out wit 2 or 3 bonfide starters. How would u feel with clowney pryor n maybe moses in jst first round n TE top of 2nd yes all picks will be gone due to trades but that's were comp picks come in for depth with rb with 4th and whatever with 7S.....just idea but man would that be sweet all needs filled instantly

Don't hate n get upset n yell impossible we all know bt just dream with me for a second as fellow fans n dream with a squad like that would you be happy if that happen? HONESTLY

Both are and would be bad trades, Jones is a good player but it's killed your depth giving away all those picks for him.

NFL is all about depth, giving up depth for star players just means when you get injuries like every team does you go 4-12.

I don't understand it, you wouldn't trade 2 1sts and a 2nd (that's what it will cost if you look at the trade value charts) for JJ Watt so why would you do it for Clowney who upside is JJ Watt and his downside is complete bust.

Edited by ClamChowdah

Ok. He worked hard for the 4.52 seconds he was running it. Unfortunately he ran that sprint unimpeded by an NFL caliber offensive lineman.

So, unfortunately, we'll have to insist that he work a little harder.

Lol...he definitely just woke up one day at his current weight able to run that fast. Ya are something else

When we traded for Julio, we considered ourselves a solid team that just needed another weapon to go deep in the playoffs. Where we sit today, it's clear we have multiple holes that must be addressed in the draft. So regardless of whether you think trading up to get Julio was worth it at the time, right now giving up all those picks would not be worth it. A trade that requires us to give up multiple 1st round picks plus our 2nd round pick or more this year would be a bad move

Both are and would be bad trades, Jones is a good player but it's killed your depth giving away all those picks for him.

NFL is all about depth, giving up depth for star players just means when you get injuries like every team does you go 4-12.

I don't understand it, you wouldn't trade 2 1sts and a 2nd (that's what it will cost if you look at the trade value charts) for JJ Watt so why would you do it for Clowney who upside is JJ Watt and his downside is complete bust.

Depth is important, didn't the Seahawks lose Trent Williams and Percy Harvin for the majority of the season? They lost 3 key starters and still won the SB...

Edited by Macintez

i was listening to sirius xm when they talked to Lynch, the TE from Uga and they asked him who was the hardest guy to block. He told them that Dee Ford was very quick off the line but once you got your hands on him, you could pretty much handle him, then he said the Clowney was a totally different animal. that he would either outrun you are just overpower you, didnt matter. I would take his word over guys who just THINK they know how he is