Clowney May Make Or Break Td

There is the definite feel of death in the air when it comes to Atlanta Falcon GM and HC positions right now. TD is not in a situation where he can shape this draft around anything beyond 2014. To not grab as many top-tier, immediate-starter players as he can would be tantamount to signing his own pink slip, personally sliding a noose around his neck and his boy Smitty. When there's no future, you do what you have to do to survive today. TD will go up and get Clowney or Mack. There ain't no sitting at six for you conservatives and there sure ain't no trading down for you outright cowards. Dam the torpedoes!! Full Speed Ahead!! Super Bowl or Bust!!

Like it go get it all this trade down BS please sit on the fence mentality wins nothing.

Selling the farm for a DE, i bet Belichick can't believe this guy came from our program.

Dude has lost his darn mind, Ryan o-line like a sieve getting him killed and he wants to sell the farm for a DE.

Everything he learned in the Patriots is building inside out and having a good o-line and now he's turning into Al Davis going for the flashy headline move, wow, good luck with that Atlanta.

Agree pats fan. He does this, I hope he goes back to NE to cut grass again for Belichik

With all the hype how could he be penalized for drafting a guy who has become a mythological superhero over the last few months. Feast or famine you can't blame the guy for going after a kid that the world thinks is Lawrence Taylor #2.

Personally I don't see the Clown love and would never dump a bunch of picks for a guy with three sacks but I'm not a GM or the guy who snagged Ray Edwards.

Agree pats fan. He does this, I hope he goes back to NE to cut grass again for Belichik

Heres the one caveat as much as I like Smitty and he deserves some consideration he ain't Bellichik and doesn't have Bellichik pedigree, might be one reason Dimitroff and ultimately Blank are trying to give him some **** good weapons/tools to succeed. I mean come on the Patriots have multiple trips to the Super Bowl albeit in a relatively weak AFC East giving them an easy division championship over and over , and they do have that painful rectal itch of Lil Ole Eli up their a z z. But the Falcons aren't the Patriots even if they use some of their methods ultimately they have to adjust with what they have to work with. I can get behind a trade up a trade down or a stand pat, because I am pretty **** sure whatever they do they will be a better team and probably have enough to make a run to and hopefully deep in the playoffs

How about we stay put and fill all of our needs and not a superstar for one of them?

Crazy Idea I know. I'm not against Clowney if he slips down to us by the grace of god. But honestly... LETS STAY PUT!

When I heard the news we may be trading up to 1:

michael-scott-no.gif

This will turn a pretty good offseason into a disaster if we mortgage the farm again. Doing this once for Julio, or anyone else that would be elite at their position...ok, but doing it two times in 5 years is going to cost us our depth, and more than likely TD and MS their jobs. I am NOT on board.

When I heard the news we may be trading up to 1:

michael-scott-no.gif

This will turn a pretty good offseason into a disaster if we mortgage the farm again. Doing this once for Julio, or anyone else that would be elite at their position...ok, but doing it two times in 5 years is going to cost us our depth, and more than likely TD and MS their jobs. I am NOT on board.

Even if we have all of our picks, we would still need depth. Do people really think we draft 10 players and every one of those players will make the team? Lol.

Yeah, I truly want to see all these guys who's supporting this and talking about giving away draft picks now say this a year from now. They will crying about those picks like they were with the JJ move.

If we never drafted Julio, we would be trading up for Walkins instead of Clowney and people would still whine about it too. No matter what TD does, people will whine about it, hate TD... Yadda, yadda, yadda.