Clowney May Make Or Break Td

If I could get a guarantee that he will be elite and one of the best pass rushers of all time it will be worth the trade.

But there are no guarantees...

Nobody is a guarantee, but at least the last 2 top 10 picks we have chosen are working out for us.

Seriously I would hat to be in TD's shoes... Damned if you do Damned if you don't...

There is the definite feel of death in the air when it comes to Atlanta Falcon GM and HC positions right now. TD is not in a situation where he can shape this draft around anything beyond 2014. To not grab as many top-tier, immediate-starter players as he can would be tantamount to signing his own pink slip, personally sliding a noose around his neck and his boy Smitty. When there's no future, you do what you have to do to survive today. TD will go up and get Clowney or Mack. There ain't no sitting at six for you conservatives and there sure ain't no trading down for you outright cowards. Dam the torpedoes!! Full Speed Ahead!! Super Bowl or Bust!!

There is the definite feel of death in the air when it comes to Atlanta Falcon GM and HC positions right now. TD is not in a situation where he can shape this draft around anything beyond 2014. To not grab as many top-tier, immediate-starter players as he can would be tantamount to signing his own pink slip, personally sliding a noose around his neck and his boy Smitty. When there's no future, you do what you have to do to survive today. TD will go up and get Clowney or Mack. There ain't no sitting at six for you conservatives and there sure ain't no trading down for you outright cowards. Dam the torpedoes!! Full Speed Ahead!! Super Bowl or Bust!!

i been saying this all offseason long. it's easy for you guys to say stay at 6 but your job isn't on the line

It's true, he really is. But he got himself into this position by mortgaging our future hoping we hit gold and win the SB.

I agree with you on a lot of things Zebra, but not this. Do you remember these boards the offseason before we drafted JJ11? We were one step away and the only problem is that we weren't explosive. EVERYONE here was complaining and moaning about how Ryan always checked down and couldn't throw the long ball and how we were the last in the league in plays over 20 yards.

Understand that TD will ALWAYS have haters no matter what moves he makes. I have my opinion just like everyone else but I trust what he does because it's his a** on the line, not ours.

right or wrong - keep job or get fired - at least Dimitroff can say he did it "his way" and he had courage of his convictions. I do admire that about him - he has some huge ballz.

Yep. TD ain't never been one to hang back and watch things happen. No way he won't do some serious wheeling and dealng with his and Smith's job on the line.

Chit people Arthur is in the loop, no way Dimitroff is making a trade like that without without some form of approval by Blank. H E L L Blank could be one telling him to make it happen, it will sell tickets, boost revenue and maybe be enough to get them back deep in the playoffs. I'd rather stand pat but who knows what Blank is thinking or wants

Selling the farm for a DE, i bet Belichick can't believe this guy came from our program.

Dude has lost his darn mind, Ryan o-line like a sieve getting him killed and he wants to sell the farm for a DE.

Everything he learned in the Patriots is building inside out and having a good o-line and now he's turning into Al Davis going for the flashy headline move, wow, good luck with that Atlanta.

Edited by ClamChowdah

Whats going to crack me up is when and if we do trade up for Clowney and he god forbid doesn't live up to all the hype is how quickly people here start blaming TD and crucifying him for doing the trade. I can guarantee it will happen and I can guarantee it will be a bunch of the people begging he trade up in the first place. People here just like to bit*h about anything and everything. It doesn't matter that they themselves wanted something originally. If it goes sour they'll just act all high and mighty and blame someone else.

A pass rusher is more important than any OL. Maybe 2nd just behind QB.

I've been clamoring for one of the 3 OTs because I'm an old school win-in-the-trenches dude, but after all is said and done, we can't sit back and let the other team's QB pick us apart again. I don't want to watch that shite again.

I'm thinking Johnson may be serviceable and we can always draft a T in the 2nd or 3rd who could be a decent backup.

I don't think TD is under quite as much pressure as some assume. We need more than one player, sit @6 keep the other picks and if Mack slides, jump, otherwise take the T, it's not rocket science.

I'm disappointed we didn't sign any one to rush the passer or a T in FA. Seems odd to me. I'm thinking TD never thought about Houston drafting Clowney and thought Mack would fall to 6 for sure.

Now, he's going to have to hope a 2nd round rookie can do the job of either the OT or pass rusher he didn't sign in FA.

I don't think TD is under quite as much pressure as some assume. We need more than one player, sit @6 keep the other picks and if Mack slides, jump, otherwise take the T, it's not rocket science.

He really isn't. I am willing to bet that even if this year stinks too that he will be allowed one last chance.

We can't afford to have only 1 other pick in the first 2 round of the next 2 drafts. Unless we get a ridiculously cheap deal to trade up, my gut feeling is that it will break TD for sure.

As with the Julio Jones trade, it won't leave us with enough high value picks to have a realistic prospect of addressing our other OL and other needs. We've not even recovered from the Julio Jones mistake yet. Unless we defy the odds by finding several above average starters in the mid or late rounds of the next 2 drafts (in areas of the draft where most players don't become starters, let alone good ones) or see a huge improvement from our existing linemen, I wouldn't be at at all surprised if we are a cellar dweller with the worst OL in the NFL in 2-3 years time.

I can see TD being gone at or before the end of 2015, and a painful and difficult total rebuild being necessary under a new GM.