Does Arthur Really Want A Title...uh Super Bowl

Is he really, really wanting a SB or is just interested in making money while having fun with his toy?

If he is serious about a title, then Smitty and Thomas should be balls to the wall getting the best and healthiest players for this team...stay away from selecting hope and prayer charity cases....we need to move away from being the mash unit of the NFL

Guest King Jigsaw

To not win a SB with Julio and Clowney would be an incredible failure. You are talking about trading up in rd 1 two times in a 4 year span.

Especially with a supposed "cusp of elite" QB at the helm.

No SB = huge failure.

Then I guess this logic doesn't apply that we traded up in round 1 last year for Trufant too?

Your posting = huge failure.

To not win a SB with Julio and Clowney would be an incredible failure. You are talking about trading up in rd 1 two times in a 4 year span.

Especially with a supposed "cusp of elite" QB at the helm.

No SB = huge failure.

It would be 3 times in 4 years....and 4 outta 6 I believe.(we traded up for Baker also)

Then I guess this logic doesn't apply that we traded up in round 1 last year for Trufant too?

Your posting = huge failure.

Trufant wasn't an expensive move like Julio was and Clowney would be.

But hey have fun having no depth, so if any one of your "top dogs" gets hurt the entire team falls apart.

Edited by bt12483

I'm sure Mr. Blank wants to win a Super Bowl. The NFL is an elite club of owners and Blank wants to be Top Dog among top dogs as much or more than any of the other owners. But, because of who these people are, they are going to indulge themselves. They want to call the shots, some of them more than others. (Hello, Jerry Jones! Nice of you to drop by!) I think Blank has floundered with many of his hires because he went with his gut rather than getting some advice or consulting with knowledgeable people with extensive experience in the NFL.

As much as I hope for success starting this coming season, deep down I don't believe Blank has put together a Super Bowl caliber organization yet. I believe at a minimum Mike Smith will have to be replaced with a better HC and there might be a necessity to replace the GM very soon as well. Blank will have to chuck loyalty into the trash bin and make some tough choices after this season if he wants to have a sold out new Dome to move into in 2017, but I believe he wants to win badly enough to pull the trigger if the proverbial bottom falls out this year.