Ed Werder

atljbo

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know your being smart but i like Mass... I think he can be a good rusher ... I just think Clowney can be a superstar... But im a Mass guy

yes, I am being a smarty......hopefully Mass will produce - I'm just a "show-me" guy after all the failed young guys we have trotted out over the last 6 years. Hopefully Mass will finally be the real deal.

ESPN's Ed Werder stated on NFL Insiders Thursday that the Texans hope to trade down from No. 1 overall, and the Falcons are their "most likely partner."

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora chimed in on Twitter, reporting "there are no shortage of execs" around the NFL who believe the Texans' "best odds" of moving down is "with Atlanta to get (Jadeveon) Clowney." Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff is working with 10 draft picks, including six selections in the top 150, and has a history of trading up. Where there is smoke there is often fire. And the smoke is thickening on the Falcons-Texans trade possibility.

Related: Falcons, Texans

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter Apr 24 - 3:47 PM

There is just far too much smoke and rumors for this not to happen. Come the 2nd Thursday from today you'll hear "with the #1 pick in the 2014 NFL draft the Atlanta Falcons select: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina."

I have mixed feelings about Clowney. i feel as if TD doesn't trade up and get he'll be an all pro DE for years to come but if our front office were to trade up he would bust and the organization would look like idiots. You have to weigh the risks and rewards and see which means more to you. Of course wouldn't mind giving up next years 1st for him if we're positioned at 32nd overall next year.

Pretty much my stance on the matter.

No. I do not want to trade up. This draft is too d_mn deep to sacrifice two or three picks for one guy. He'll have to have like 20 sacks, 10 forced fumbles and throw and catch the winning TD against the taints 2x a year to sacrifice another draft foR one player in the same five years.

Stop! We could stay put and draft the next Gabe Carmi smh

If TD does this trade, he'd better get it right. Don't think the talk necessarily means he's making the deal. May just be due diligence and TD's well known penchant for being open to trades.

Bet he's also made calls about trading back as well, haven't heard about those.

Yeah, I'm not quite sold on the "all signs point to Clowney" hype

There is just far too much smoke and rumors for this not to happen. Come the 2nd Thursday from today you'll hear "with the #1 pick in the 2014 NFL draft the Atlanta Falcons select: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina."

Not much smoke since they're meeting with Clowney again on Friday

Not much smoke since they're meeting with Clowney again on Friday

Really makes me feel like there's a deal in place, we are getting a little extra evaluating. Hopefully a deal is already agreed to and we are making sure we know every little bit on Clowney before the trade is announced on draft day.

Stop! We could stay put and draft the next Gabe Carmi smh

Thats what i dont get ... everybody felt Carimi was a sure thing and we would have taken him instead of julio ..... That would have been a wasted ... Ppl would really want TD's head then

Hopefully they're not watching.

Huh?

F*** that.

If I'm in this position, I want SOMEBODY to witness dis s*** mane!

Can you imagine your wife going around town saying she's thinking about leaving you because she caught you in the pool fooling around with Christy Brinkly?

You gotta think like a GM bro. Just follow my lead. I won't lead ya wrong.

Clowney has not had to truly work a day in his life.

I don't trust him and I don't want him.

Where's the fact in this post? So you're saying he was born with all of this? He didn't lift weights, work on his hand usage and technique, his get off, splitting double teams? You have no clue who Clowney is and questioning his character shows that.

Thats what i dont get ... everybody felt Carimi was a sure thing and we would have taken him instead of julio ..... That would have been a wasted ... Ppl would really want TD's head then

That's why I can stomach TD trading up. We could have had Carimi over Julio. We could have had Banks instead of Trufant. Just our luck, we sit at #6 and pick the one bust out the crop. I bet you nobody would be complaining if McKay traded up for somebody instead of taking JA98. I bet yall wish TD traded up for his guy in 09 instead of waiting for whoever fell to #24 and taking Jerry.

Where's the fact in this post? So you're saying he was born with all of this? He didn't lift weights, work on his hand usage and technique, his get off, splitting double teams? You have no clue who Clowney is and questioning his character shows that.

That's why I can stomach TD trading up. We could have had Carimi over Julio. We could have had Banks instead of Trufant. Just our luck, we sit at #6 and pick the one bust out the crop. I bet you nobody would be complaining if McKay traded up for somebody instead of taking JA98. I bet yall wish TD traded up for his guy in 09 instead of waiting for whoever fell to #24 and taking Jerry.

Preach!

I bet yall wish TD traded up for his guy in 09 instead of waiting for whoever fell to #24 and taking Jerry.

It was the right call to sit back on that one (unless there was an epic talent at another position we had eyes on). Only BJ Raji was worth trading up for at DT and it would have been way too expensive. Plus, Jerry was an exciting pick and had the explosion we were hoping for...up until he continued to be injured. We can only hope TD has moved past his phase of drafting value that falls due to injury history. The aggressiveness helps him.

I agree.......this is happening.