Falcons Will Remain Hapless In 2014: Bleacher Report

PokerSteve

I know Bleacher Report has little to no credibility with the rank and file TATF poster. However I'm going to offer this article for discussion anyway because it probably reflects the national sports media's estimate of the Falcons' likely win-loss record for this coming season. I know I'm looked upon in here as very negative and quick to crucify FO, coaches, players, fellow TATF'ers, random people on the internet, etc., but I am not feeling this B/R put-down of my team. Especially when this same SOB has the Panties going 10-6!

This guy is full of crap. We are not going to go 6-10 this season. We probably won't win the division, we probably won't make the play-offs, but we sure as hale are going to win more than six games and I think we have a way better chance of going 10-6 than 6-10. Here's the link, tell me what you think. Is 6-10 a realistic projection and I'm just a hopeless, clueless optimist? LOL @ optimist.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2029053-2014-nfl-schedule-w-l-predictions-for-every-team?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest King Jigsaw

Why don't you just put up a bat signal for Swift, Mrs. Wrong, Poppa, Murray, and the rest of the gang to come in here and praise the credibility and logic of this article?

And just for the fun of it, I'll go ahead and get bt in here as well. Ravens going 11-5 but Falcons going 6-10? What a joke. You're welcome.

Edited by King Jigsaw

Guest King Jigsaw

The best thing about that article is that is has us at a 2-8 record going into week 12 against the almighty Cleveland Browns and that's when we're supposed to win 4 of our last 6? If we're 2-8 going into week 12 the tankers will be in full force.

Why don't you just put up a bat signal for Swift, Mrs. Wrong, Poppa, Murray, and the rest of the gang to come in here and praise the credibility and logic of this article?

And just for the fun of it, I'll go ahead and get bt in here as well. Ravens going 11-5 but Falcons going 6-10? What a joke. You're welcome.

I should never start a thread because there's a chance people you don't like might post their opinions in it? I hate to bust your arrogant, vacuous little bubble of sewer gas, but I'd actually rather read their comments than yours on most occasions. Sorry about that! Now go have yourself a really great day.

Why would ANYONE pay any attention to any prediction at this time of the year ??

It's the middle of d.amn April....................APRIL !!!

No roster is anywhere NEAR completion, not even close.

Pure waste of time predicting..............and paying attention to it.

Guest King Jigsaw

I should never start a thread because there's a chance people you don't like might post their opinions in it? I hate to bust your arrogant, vacuous little bubble of sewer gas, but I'd actually rather read their comments than yours on most occasions. Sorry about that! Now go have yourself a really great day.

I'm so glad you get enjoyment out of feeding the trolls. Your life is so rewarding. My classes got cancelled today so I think I'll go to the gym and then hit up a pool, so I will take your advice and have a fantastic day while you're here reading their crap. Good day to you, Nancy.

Why would ANYONE pay any attention to any prediction at this time of the year ??

It's the middle of d.amn April....................APRIL !!!

No roster is anywhere NEAR completion, not even close.

Pure waste of time predicting..............and paying attention to it.

It's out there whether we choose to like it or acknowledge it, and I thought it was pretty overwhelming in the overall scope of its stupidity and the grandeur of its ignorance. Sorry if it messed with your head.

I'm so glad you get enjoyment out of feeding the trolls. Your life is so rewarding. My classes got cancelled today so I think I'll go to the gym and then hit up a pool, so I will take your advice and have a fantastic day while you're here reading their crap. Good day to you, Nancy.

Good for you, sir! We'll try to bear up under the incredible strain of missing you for the rest of the day.

8-8 all subjective now depends on draft and injuries

vs New Orleans - Loss

@ Cincy - Loss

vs Tampa - Win

@ Minny- Win

@ NYG - Loss

vs Bears - Win

@ Balt - Loss

vs Lions - win

@ Tampa - Loss

@ Carolina - Loss

vs Browns - win

vs Cards - win

@ GB - loss

vs Pitt - win

@ New Orleans - Loss

vs Carolina - win

Going down this list of yours and being as objective as possible I see this as a pretty accurate won-loss projection at this point in time. Hopefully our draft picks and FA's will earn us an additional three or four wins and put us in the play-offs.

Bleacher report is a JOKE. And so is Scott Carasik that writes for him. ZERO football knowledge

I think Scott is one of the more credible writers on B/R. I think his problem mostly stems from being just a little bit too full of himself and that rubs people the wrong way, especially here in TATF.

11-5

4-2 vs. NFC south

3-1 vs. NFC north

2-2 vs. AFC north

2-0 vs. other

vs Stains - Win

@ Bengals - Loss

vs Bucs - Win

@ Vikings- Win

@ Giants - Win

vs Bears - Win

@ Ravens - Loss

vs Lions - Win

@ Bucs - Win

@ Panthers - Loss

vs Browns - Win

vs Cardinals - Win

@ Packers - Loss

vs Steelers - Win

@ Stains - Loss

vs Panthers - Win

8-8 all subjective now depends on draft and injuries

vs New Orleans - Loss

@ Cincy - Loss

vs Tampa - Win

@ Minny- Win

@ NYG - Loss

vs Bears - Win

@ Balt - Loss

vs Lions - win

@ Tampa - Loss

@ Carolina - Loss

vs Browns - win

vs Cards - win

@ GB - loss

vs Pitt - win

@ New Orleans - Loss

vs Carolina - win

I can just as easily see a sweep of Carolina and a split New Orleans and a win against the Giants boom your 11-5

I know we're coming off a terrible year but I don't see why so many people suddenly believe we're not a playoff team, even around here. The way I'm looking at it we're already better than last year, record says that is easy, but I'm not talking about the record. We had so many injuries last year that did nothing to help our final record, we had a three game lull where we got beaten badly almost every game, but outside of that I think we had something like 6-7 games that were decided by less than a touchdown.

Normally we win those games because Ryan can march down the field, but last year we had no blocking and opposing teams just pinned their ears back and made sure Ryan had no time. Wasn't hard, they only had to bring one extra rusher if that...Asamoah is a huge upgrade in pass blocking from what we had last year. We figure to get a replacement at RT or at the very least have a 4 man battle for the RT position that hopefully finally includes Mike Johnson.

Defensively we started 5 rookies for a couple games, or at the very least we had 5 rookies get significant playing time. Two of those being undrafted rookies. I honestly believe all 5 of those guys will improve this year, they looked better by the end of the year last year so they are trending upwards. Then you figure we added two big nasty defensive linemen that will eat up blockers, and improve our run defense dramatically. We've added very solid corner depth behind McClain, neither are spectacular but as 4th and 5th options they're outstanding.

We get Jones, White, Johnson, Baker, Spoon, Biermann back who should all provide us with some sort of impact if they are healthy this year. (No Guarantees there but you can't assume they will all be hurt either) We have the 6th pick in the draft, and very early picks in every other round naturally where we'll be able to add at least one impact player, probably more unless we trade up for someone. I think we should have at the very least two impact players who will improve on our play at the position from last year.

I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic, we have holes right now, sure. So does every other team to an extent. Even with that said though we still have the draft to fill them in a bit more. Looking at our schedule I see 16 winnable games, and I wouldn't be shocked at all if we won 11-12 with a solid draft class.

Guest Negatorris

vs Aints - Win

-Watching the Aints playoff games last year, you just know Brees is slowing down.

@ Bengals - Loss

-I think this is a close one, but CIN gets the advantage being at home and all. They have a multitude of weapons on offense, and an uber talented D.

vs Sucs - Win

-This is just a game the Falcons win. Hard to see us drop one to the Sucs at home this early in the season.

@ Vikings - Win

-Vikings are improving, and they have some nice talent at certain positions, but we absolutely have the upper hand in this game. Our new run stopping DLinemen will help us here.

@ Giants - Win

-No telling if the Giants are on their annual win streak or loss streak at this point, but I'm gonna go with the latter.

vs Bears - Win

-The additions of Asamoah and Tice will be on full display here. I think we should be able to tear up the Bears D in the dome.

@ Ravens - Loss

-We have the better QB, but at home Flacco can be pretty good and their D is better than ours... But I'm on the fence a bit considering we tend to match up extremely well against them(1st team) in our preseason battles. Should be very close.

vs Lions - Win

-We have their number. Ryan somehow seems to grow the largest set of balls against the Lions(see 2008, 2011, 2012). Roddy also loves burning them a lot too.

@ Sucs - Loss

-The addition of Lovie Smith and the new FAs make the Sucs a tough matchup. Should be a close game, but I'll give them the edge here.

@ Panthers - Win

-The Panthers offense struggled against our D in both games last year(the 30+ pt game was thanks to our offense giving the ball up in Falcon territory). They have no WRs. I expect our offense to give us the edge here in a low scoring affair.

vs Browns - Win

The Browns are talented, but not talented enough to steal a W from us in the dome. Simple win here.

vs Cardinals - Loss

-I don't know why, but besides the 2010 game, the Cards seem to have Ryan's number.

@ Packers - Loss

-We always find ways to lose the the Packers, even without Aaron Rodgers. Last year the Falcons proved they couldn't hang in the could(at least offensively). Even the great Gonzo was dropping passes, and the automatic Matt Bryant was missing FGs.

vs Steelers - Win

Should be exciting. Home field advantage reigns supreme here.

@ Aints - Loss

-It would be too homerific to predict a sweep of the Taints right now.

vs Panthers - Win

-We should have the full advantage here being at home, and I see the Falcons getting revenge for last year's debacle with a sweep of the Panties. Sayonara Ron Rivera.

10-6 should be good enough for a WC spot at the least. A Division Title is not out of the question.