So, If Mack, Clowney, Matthews, Watkins, And Robinson

I think those five will be gone. It really sounds like teams are not sold on these quarterbacks, and when teams can get pretty solid qbs like Zettenberger in the 2nd or 3rd, why pass on a great player for a average quarterback with your top 5 pick. I think we are not going to see teams reach on guys like Blaine Gabbert as much anymore.

Which probably means 3 will be gone before we pick. Nobody says what they mean at this point in the year.

As for the question, while i don't think it's going down that way, we should probably trade down with the Cards, maybe Minnie or even the Browns, someone in need of a QB that suddenly has their pick of the crop, and pick Donald or Pryor.

I think those five will be gone. It really sounds like teams are not sold on these quarterbacks, and when teams can get pretty solid qbs like Zettenberger in the 2nd or 3rd, why pass on a great player for a average quarterback with your top 5 pick. I think we are not going to see teams reach on guys like Blaine Gabbert as much anymore.

Agreed....With Aaron Donald, Pass rush will definitely improve....with Dennard, CB is set (we're running more nickle than ever)

So Lewan is Baker now? That makes all 3 OTs being compared to Baker. I don't even get the reference anymore it's used so much.

I only say this because he's not rated as a top 10 player. Still a 1st but more in the top of the round, well, like Baker. Drafting him at that pick is a reach

Trade down or pick

460x-420x306.jpg

Sitting in the middle of the first round, the Miami Dolphins will have several options for improving the roster come draft day, however, it is expected that Miami will reshape the offensive line several times over both in free agency and via the draft.

To begin looking at who the Dolphins might select with their First-Round pick, we start by looking at a player who could be there when the dolphins select at 19 and have an immediate impact for them.

Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan: 6’7” 315 lbs.

Strengths:

Lewan plays angry at times, and is known to have some altercations on the field (often to his detriment), but playing with a little bit of a chip on his shoulder and with an aggressiveness like that would be a welcome change after the more finesse approach that Jonathan Martin had at Tackle last season. He is not easily bulled though, as his size and strength keep him in front of his opponents if they try to simply outmuscle him, it won’t happen.

He has almost 50 games of starting experience at the collegiate level, even though he did not start out as an offensive lineman in high school which in a sense means he is still pretty raw fundamentally. He does have quick feet, and is quick to identify someone to block when he is out in space and attacks them quickly, no hesitation. Michigan would use him as the puller at times which is impressive, however that led to a couple holding penalties from trying to maintain his blocks on the move.

Weaknesses:

Opponents cannot rush straight through him, but if they have a secondary move to go to, they can succeed against him. His knack for being angry as a positive, also leads to some negative as he was heavily penalized in college, something that will need to be cleaned up through coaching at the next level. Even with the large amount of starts in college, Lewan still only has a few years on the offensive side of the ball, therefore his technique is not on par with someone who has played the O-line since pee wee football for instance. That is still something that can be coached at the NFL level if he’s willing to put in the work.

Quicker defenders can have some success against him, either with their counter moves, or their speed to one side or the other. If they get Lewan leaning, they can get underneath and by him as he struggles to recover despite his foot quickness.

Verdict

Some Miami fans may feel a bit snake-bitten after taking a Michigan left tackle in the first round in 2008, and Lewan, while physically impressive, would be a solid get at 19, he is not the elite prospect that Jake Long was coming out of college. Long simply wore down due to injuries, but when healthy, he was one of the best tackles in the NFL.

If Lewan can at least stay healthy and on the field for several years, and be at least close to what Long was at his best, then he could be worth the value of being taken in the middle of the first round and protecting Miami’s franchise QB Ryan Tannehill.

Ain't that like picking Baker all over? Reaching but this time with the #6 pick. Would we really be happy about it?

In a way, but if we went BPA it would be very difficult. Not many are actually top 10 just to be honest and I'm trying to be a purist and not trade down. According to this he'd be BPA without taking a QB. http://www.cbssports...nkings/2014/all

This is not the most powerful draft I have ever seen. Its top heavy at a few positions.

The panic-fest continues....

I'll say it again, at least two QBs are going before us. Just because one team decided to pass on a QB, for Clowney,doesn't mean everyone will. These are highly regarded QBs that are being discounted by some due to this deep draft.

The day after the draft I'll open a thread saying I told you so, and how this board always overreacts to everything. Of course no one will listen and everyone will overreact next time.

If i remember correctly, Baker was the 5th or even 6th rated tackle, a mid second round grade. but there was a run on tackles from the middle of the first round, making the falcons trade back into the first..Baker has been very serviceable when healthy......Lewan is the 3rd rated, maybe 2nd rated to some, with a nasty attitude. i just don't see the Baker comparison..