Let Me Say It One More Time... We Need A D@m* Pass Russ

I don't care how we get one (I'd take Clowney in a heartbeat) but the one thing ours Falcons have lacked since Kerney and Abe is a consistent pass rush. This years draft is supposedly lacking quality pass rushers others than Clowney and Mack. We need a pass rush now and not a rookie that takes time to develope. We've been waiting on all these guys to break out and it's yet to happen. I'm so freaking tired of watching opposing QBs camp out in the pocket and convert 3rd downs. It's time the Falcons do whatever it takes to have a pass rush. I think TD got the memo a while back. So what happens if we don't get Clowney or Mack.....Thoughts????

Edited by falconcrest58

Agreed.

I really want to keep this year's second. If we can negotiate a trade to move up while holding onto our 2nd rounder and not giving up too much then I'm all for it. Give me Mack at #3 while holding onto the 2nd rounder and I'll be thrilled. I think we've got some guys who can contribute as role players in the pass rush including Mass and Maponga but we need that young stud leader for the next decade. I like Mack a lot. He takes lead of our pass rush and build around him with role players. Not to mention how a much improved pass rush will benefit our secondary where Trufant will become even better. Tru was already a rookie beast with little help from the guys up front pressuring the QB, imagine him and the whole secondary with a dominant pass rush.

Yes, we need a better pass rush. The best way to do that consistently is to have several players that can attack the QB. It is a bad idea to rely on one star to get after the QB. That is why Tommy paid big money to add Soliai and Jackson to the roster. Those guys are not pass rushers but they shut the run down without much help. Why is that important? It is important because our untapped athletes will finally be able to rush the QB with wreckless abandon. Maponga, Massaquoi and even Bartu will rack up sack numbers. Add another pass rushing OLB, and we will be looking good.

Yes, we need a better pass rush. The best way to do that consistently is to have several players that can attack the QB. It is a bad idea to rely on one star to get after the QB. That is why Tommy paid big money to add Soliai and Jackson to the roster. Those guys are not pass rushers but they shut the run down without much help. Why is that important? It is important because our untapped athletes will finally be able to rush the QB with wreckless abandon. Maponga, Massaquoi and even Bartu will rack up sack numbers. Add another pass rushing OLB, and we will be looking good.

Hope your right

it didn't in the past...how many times did we see brees take two steps forward and avoid that edge rusher

We also saw millions of times where the Falcons edge rushers just completely whiffed at sacking or tackling the QB despite getting to him.

The Falcons don't have an edge rusher on the roster that opposing teams have to gameplan for. They need one.

Stopping the freaking run will help our pass rush big time. It will allow us to protect our leads by forcing teams to abandon the run. No one ever altered a game plan because we had a lead they just continued to chew up big chunks of yards on the ground waiting for the defensive collapse and the offense to get too conservative.

Stopping the freaking run will help our pass rush big time. It will allow us to protect our leads by forcing teams to abandon the run. No one ever altered a game plan because we had a lead they just continued to chew up big chunks of yards on the ground waiting for the defensive collapse and the offense to get too conservative.

Not against teams that mostly pass like the Saints. You have to get in dude's face. His extremely good passing will help their run game.

You better have both Pass Rush and run Stoppers. If a team can just sit back a throw for 15 yards on 3rd and 14 the run stoppers won't help much.

How quick people forget that the Falcons have had a good run defense in the past. Then all the other team did was sit back a toss it on 3rd and long.

Remember Green Bay in the Playoffs?