Mike Smith: Julio Jones Will Be A Falcon “For A Long, Long Time”

birdz4i

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

which is not a good thing cause overpaying a injury prone player leads to what ?

So paying people what they're worth is a bad thing? This coming from the guy who wants Clowney or Mack... It would be cool to pay them though because you like them right? lol

What insurance does Julio need ? He and is agent are not going to take a deal under market value he rather go out there and prove it and out up those crazy Projections you calculated

and then he will want a Megatron contract

LOL, so which is it? He can't stay healthy, or that he'll stay healthy and demand a megatro contract.

Fine if he wants to wait and get more money, that means he'll have to earn it by staying healthy and risk a smaller payday if he can't. That's not a bad scenario either.

Exactly.

If the Falcons are smart, they'll extend him this offseason, when it will be much cheaper with him coming off the injury than it will be if he stays healthy this year and lights the world up like we know he can do.

It would also provide Julio with some good insurance in the form of guaranteed money.

But the screw was a freak thing. Julio has more risk of having nagging issues that limit him sometimes, I won't deny that, but the injury risk is far exceeded by what he can do for this team when healthy.

It is not a freak thing. He's had surgery on the foot twice.

You can pay the guy year by year for the next 5 years if you want. It's up to him to prove he is worth a big guarantee....that's actual worth and not projected worth.

What's market value for a part time player?

Whats market value for top WRs I think is what you meant. It doesn't really matter in the slightest though. He will get paid what he deserves and you will pout about Julio like normal. All will be well in Falcon land. I promise.

It is not a freak thing. He's had surgery on the foot twice.

You can pay the guy year by year for the next 5 years if you want. It's up to him to prove he is worth a big guarantee....that's actual worth and not projected worth.

Oh right, I recall all those common cases of a screw breaking in guys' feet. That's bad luck prone if anything. If the foot isn't healing right, then let me know it's time to be concerned.

Fine if they want to wait to pay him after he shows a full season. It's jsut gonna cost a lot more, and I'm fine with that. It's not my money, and he will have earned it.

What is Julio worth ? He hasn't even played a full season yet . Mack and Clowney are on rookie contracts . Julio hasn't established his worth cause he has been plagued with injuries

Julio has more than established his worth. He did it in his first season. Ask anyone else without your strange little bias for him and they say the same thing.

Mack and Clowney will eventually get paid unless they suck (would make you look worse). Just curious what your tune would be when that day came around.

He hasn't stayed healthy those are facts . You think his agent is going to take less and give Falcons a bargain cause of health concerns and if we do get a sweetheart deal what does that say ?

It's clearly says you're going to be butthurt no matter what we do or how well Julio does.

Whats market value for top WRs I think is what you meant. It doesn't really matter in the slightest though. He will get paid what he deserves and you will pout about Julio like normal. All will be well in Falcon land. I promise.

Can you offer an actual opinion that isn't a whine? Set market value? AJ Green played 990 snaps last year, Demaryius Thomas over 1100. 830 is Julio Jones 2012 career high, not anywhere close to that his other two seasons.

Why is Julio's playing time worth more than his peers?

Oh right, I recall all those common cases of a screw breaking in guys' feet. That's bad luck prone if anything. If the foot isn't healing right, then let me know it's time to be concerned.

Fine if they want to wait to pay him after he shows a full season. It's jsut gonna cost a lot more, and I'm fine with that. It's not my money, and he will have earned it.

How many 230 lb WRs, running a 4.3 40, have screws holding together bones in their feet? With that information we'll have something more than hyperbole on screw/foot durability.

Can you offer an actual opinion that isn't a whine? Set market value? AJ Green played 990 snaps last year, Demaryius Thomas over 1100. 830 is Julio Jones 2012 career high, not anywhere close to that his other two seasons.

Why is Julio's playing time worth more than his peers?

You of all people are asking someone not to whine? Comedy gold son.

JJ will get what he's "worth". Why is that over your head? Why does your dislike for the trade have to cloud your opinion on any and everything Julio? We all get that you arent a TD fan and didn't like the trade. Lets put our big boy pants on and move forward with it.

If you're trying to ask what I think he's worth then just ask. Never understood why it's always some strange girly passive aggressive beating around the bush when talking with you.

I think he is worth paying. Not Megatron money but still top tier. It's more likely than not this is what ends up happening. Like I said, you won't like it, the world will still turn.

You of all people are asking someone not to whine? Comedy gold son.

JJ will get what he's "worth". Why is that over your head? Why does your dislike for the trade have to cloud your opinion on any and everything Julio? We all get that you arent a TD fan and didn't like the trade. Lets put our big boy pants on and move forward with it.

If you're trying to ask what I think he's worth then just ask. Never understood why it's always some strange girly passive aggressive beating around the bush when talking with you.

I think he is worth paying. Not Megatron money but still top tier. It's more likely than not this is what ends up happening. Like I said, you won't like it, the world will still turn.

You've stated ad nauseum that you think he is worth paying. What you haven't done is provide a reason for that stance beyond your

Lucy-van-pelt-1-.jpg

look into my head. I have opinion, based on facts. What have you got, other than you usual role of bird-dogging whiner (how'd that schtick work out for your pal JiC.)

You've stated ad nauseum that you think he is worth paying. What you haven't done is provide a reason for that stance beyond your

Lucy-van-pelt-1-.jpg

look into my head. I have opinion, based on facts. What have you got, other than you usual role of bird-dogging whiner (how'd that schtick work out for your pal JiC.)

I know you aren't that dense. Take off your TD is the devil glasses and see what the rest of the world sees in Julio. My reasoning is obvious to everyone. I don't believe for a second you "don't get it".

I know you aren't that dense. Take off your TD is the devil glasses and see what the rest of the world sees in Julio. My reasoning is obvious to everyone. I don't believe for a second you "don't get it".

Only women avoid direct questions.

Bright posters whom you respect have an opinion and a rationale to go with it. Some restate that opinion repeatedly. Why do you dodge?

Yeah D Thomas at this moment is better than Julio . He has better hands, more durable , great speed and YAC . Thomas had 92 catches 1400 yards 14 TDs last season Julio hasn't done that in his career yet

demariyus is not top 5...he's a product of his QB, only aspect of his game that is better than Julio is he is more durable & maybe better hands. 2nd Dez right now is better than roddy right now & is Fitzgerald really top 5 any more?

Only women avoid direct questions.

Bright posters whom you respect have an opinion and a rationale to go with it. Some restate that opinion repeatedly. Why do you dodge?

What the he11 did I dodge? lol

Julios play speaks for itself. That is mine and the rest of the worlds reasoning. I'm not going to go game by game on my phone for you cowboy. Google is your friend if by some how you missed the kid play the passed few years.

Playing dumb only makes you look dumb man. IJS...

You're not playing obviously.

Just thought for once you'd actually have your own thoughts and not spew rhetoric.

No I am not playing. I don't think you're that stupid to where you need me to post a bunch of random stats to show Julio's worth. Then again you certainly are determined ATM. Roto, PFF, ESPN, NFL are all your friends. If you can't see it with your own eyes during game play then don't know what to tell you.

No I am not playing. I don't think you're that stupid to where you need me to post a bunch of random stats to show Julio's worth. Then again you certainly are determined ATM. Roto, PFF, ESPN, NFL are all your friends. If you can't see it with your own eyes during game play then don't know what to tell you.

Here's more proof that your opinion is emotional and not empirical: How come you are so adamant over the success of the Julio Jones trade, but completely and vociferously against a trade up in this coming draft?

You: "You're playing dumb"

Me: "You're not"

You: "No I'm not playing" Big time Lol there Tug.