Why Is Everyone Wanting Buchanon At Fs?

LouDog.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not watched the guy much but from everything I read, every site says he is a very good SS but has limited coverage abilities. Not what we need

Because half this forum are dipshits who half-read scouting reports then go "HES A SAFETY AND HES SUPPOSE BE THE BEST DRAFT EM FIRE TD AND SMITTY"

He's more of a SS than Willie Mo.... the OPPOSITE of what we need.

Deone Bucannon had a good Senior Bowl and has had some good workouts, so I'm sure people have placed some stock in those and the "potential" that he could move to FS...but I think someone mentioned above, I would see Bucannon as a very good SS which could be a move if the FO thought Willy MO was capable of moving to FS, but I'm not sure on that idea.

Probably the Falcons best bet at a true FS that won't go in the first round is Ed Reynolds. I just don't see Ward having enough size, and I think he might actually be more of a "nickel" safety....

That is just what I've seen though, no expert...

I love Brooks, I dont care for Reynolds timed footspeed for a deep saftey but he looks solid other than that. I think most of us want to draft and convert these SS prospects because after Pryor and Clinton-Dix there arent many potential starters in this draft at FS. The most talented guys all are listed as SS and other than Brooks all the FS are 4th or later and have poor timed speed imo and actually when you look at his film Brooks isnt a pure FS either he played in the box a lot his senior year with their freshman playing deep. (FSU used a lot of DBs)

With that said I dont get the Buchanon at FS hype either because he looks like a Moore clone (downhill hitter) but I could see Ward at FS because you see him play deep a few times on his videos and even tho most his clips he is at SS and in the box or nickleback, you see him making plays in the passing game which shows his ablility to cover recievers

One prospect I recently started researching after somebody here mentioned him is the Loston kid from LSU, he too is listed at SS but his playing speed and open field tackling is something to marvel at. He looks like a heavier Dunta Robinson with the way he attacks ball carriers and was very involved in deep pass plays which to me shows his range.

Overall we probably end up getting somebody else completely off most our radar anyways. The FO seems to despise ACC and SEC players in early rounds and the ones they DO select (Jerry, Dent, Mike Johnson, Franks, Chevis) tend to underachieve.

Edited by LightningDawg58

Love Joyner that kid is a football player, but yeah that size will turn a lot of teams away especially of we are for real about "bigger & stronger".

But even though im sure we dont draft him you can qoute me, Joyner will make more of an impact in the league than 90% of the defensive backs drafted ahead of him if he sees the field.

I think it is because of DeCoud being such a bad tackler people go the opposite way and want a SS.

We need a compliment to Moore a good coverage safety who can play deep middle who isn't terrible at tackling.

Look at Chancellor and Thomas, we already have a guy in the mold of Chancellor we need a guy who can play deep single high safety so we can load the box. And let Moore play close to the LOS where he is at his best.

I love Brooks, I dont care for Reynolds timed footspeed for a deep saftey but he looks solid other than that. I think most of us want to draft and convert these SS prospects because after Pryor and Clinton-Dix there arent many potential starters in this draft at FS. The most talented guys all are listed as SS and other than Brooks all the FS are 4th or later and have poor timed speed imo and actually when you look at his film Brooks isnt a pure FS either he played in the box a lot his senior year with their freshman playing deep. (FSU used a lot of DBs)

With that said I dont get the Buchanon at FS hype either because he looks like a Moore clone (downhill hitter) but I could see Ward at FS because you see him play deep a few times on his videos and even tho most his clips he is at SS and in the box or nickleback, you see him making plays in the passing game which shows his ablility to cover recievers

One prospect I recently started researching after somebody here mentioned him is the Loston kid from LSU, he too is listed at SS but his playing speed and open field tackling is something to marvel at. He looks like a heavier Dunta Robinson with the way he attacks ball carriers and was very involved in deep pass plays which to me shows his range.

Overall we probably end up getting somebody else completely off most our radar anyways. The FO seems to despise ACC and SEC players in early rounds and the ones they DO select (Jerry, Dent, Mike Johnson, Franks, Chevis) tend to underachieve.

Just off the top of my head, Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Vance Walker, Corey Peters have done pretty well for themselves.