C B A - Pure Lunacy

Bring It

The new NFL CBA ........Collective Bargaining Agreement.......which means Union Interference, is counter-productive...........lunacy.

Any agreement that PROHIBITS the coaches from even "Talking" to the players about football before April 21 is designed for one purpose only........to gain and exercise POWER.

How in the world any owner of a team agreed to such nonsense is beyond common sense.

Pure folly...........and damaging to the end product, quality football.

NFL is the only major pro sport without guaranteed contracts for all players. Owners are not suffering.

They may not be suffering in $$$ but they sure as h.ell are in principle...........allowing agreements like the present.

How can you operate a team if you are DICTATED when you can talk to someone ??

Who even dreams up this kind of c.rap ???

The new NFL CBA ........Collective Bargaining Agreement.......which means Union Interference, is counter-productive...........lunacy.

Any agreement that PROHIBITS the coaches from even "Talking" to the players about football before April 21 is designed for one purpose only........to gain and exercise POWER.

How in the world any owner of a team agreed to such nonsense is beyond common sense.

Pure folly...........and damaging to the end product, quality football.

People generally think that the Players Union came out on the short end of that stick

They may not be suffering in $$$ but they sure as h.ell are in principle...........allowing agreements like the present.

Why are you so upset NOW it's 22 Apr today ---- kinda late to the fit throwing arena

IT takes 2 people to talk

the UNION --the players themselves --- are saying "I will not talk"

how is that diticating

no more than you telling me to shut up next

funny -- during my 45 years of working -- I have sat on both sides of that table ---more than once

Ummmm....it doesnt look like they're having many issues running their teams given the money pouring into the NFL.

The players have every right to advocate for the terms of their employment.

Principle? Suffering in principle? How does one even suffer in principle? You think the billionaire team owners care about principle? They're making boatloads of cash, likely by using questionable business principles. So, fuuck a principle. I bet if someone offered you a nine figure paycheck, you'd say fuuck principles.

Principle? Suffering in principle? How does one even suffer in principle? You think the billionaire team owners care about principle? They're making boatloads of cash, likely by using questionable business principles. So, fuuck a principle. I bet if someone offered you a nine figure paycheck, you'd say fuuck principles.

What they've been doing for the last two years is desperately trying to get concussion litigation off the table, since I suspect they have been advised by counsel that the right suit, filed by the right party, will cost them everything. They seem to have succeeded. For now.

I think you and he mean principal... the owners are definitely not suffering in principle!

Why are you so upset NOW it's 22 Apr today ---- kinda late to the fit throwing arena

IT takes 2 people to talk

the UNION --the players themselves --- are saying "I will not talk"

how is that diticating

no more than you telling me to shut up next

funny -- during my 45 years of working -- I have sat on both sides of that table ---more than once

Unions are poison.

Everything they come in contact with eventually dies............or fails miserably. If you need evidence, go to places like Buffalo, NY, Detroit, or a dozen other northern cities where unions once ruled. Today........a total rust belt wasteland.

What's really comical is listening to someone trying to defend such nonsense.

Back in the early 1900's there was a reason for unions.

That was then. Gradually they demanded more and more till they turned to what they are today.

Poison.

Unions are poison.

Everything they come in contact with eventually dies............or fails miserably. If you need evidence, go to places like Buffalo, NY, Detroit, or a dozen other northern cities where unions once ruled. Today........a total rust belt wasteland.

What's really comical is listening to someone trying to defend such nonsense.

Back in the early 1900's there was a reason for unions.

That was then. Gradually they demanded more and more till they turned to what they are today.

Poison.

Lol NYC is a rust bucket? In what way?

This board is a great reminder that I live in the South, where the haves convinced the have nots to rally for their causes. Unions don't do anything bad to guys who participate in message boards. Unions bring high tides for all jobs, not just union jobs. The reason you are making 40K to do something a union guy in another part of the country is making 65K to do is because there are no unions and I can fire you at any point!

This board is a great reminder that I live in the South, where the haves convinced the have nots to rally for their causes. Unions don't do anything bad to guys who participate in message boards. Unions bring high tides for all jobs, not just union jobs.

Or they protect lazy and incompetent workers, encourage mediocrity, and cause off-shoring of jobs because the cost of labor is too high.

ETA, in the grand scheme of things, of course, not in terms of the largely meaningless Players' Union.

Edited by NOVAFalconFan

Or they protect lazy and incompetent workers, encourage mediocrity, and cause off-shoring of jobs because the cost of labor is too high.

ETA, in the grand scheme of things, of course, not in terms of the largely meaningless Players' Union.

You Sir are being kind and considerate. If the average buyer of an American Brand car knew what went on in a UAW Union plant of Ford, GM, or Chrysler............they would PUKE.

Guest fibonacci

The way they have to train now sucks. And i don't get why Smith says we can only do afternoons. I hate sitting out there in the hot sun.

You Sir are being kind and considerate. If the average buyer of an American Brand car knew what went on in a UAW Union plant of Ford, GM, or Chrysler............they would PUKE.

I bought an "American Brand"car assembled overseas

My wife bought a "Foreign Brand" car assembled in Alabama.

They cost about $1000 different

IF cheap labor makes the foreign cars less expensive where does the rest of that money go?

If high labor cost in America drives the cost up How is it that they actually compete $$$$$ wise.

in reality car parts are made all over the world---they are ASSEMBLED in specific locations

I bought an "American Brand"car assembled overseas

My wife bought a "Foreign Brand" car assembled in Alabama.

They cost about $1000 different

IF cheap labor makes the foreign cars less expensive where does the rest of that money go?

If high labor cost in America drives the cost up How is it that they actually compete $$$$$ wise.

in reality car parts are made all over the world---they are ASSEMBLED in specific locations

This is a vague comparison, although one that you presumably can make since you are familiar with the two vehicles in question. For the rest of us, we would need to know:

How comparable are the vehicle types between your car and your wife's car? Sedan vs sedan? Coupe vs SUV? V8 vs V6? Hybrid vs conventional? Loaded with options vs stripped?

Further, does one vehicle have a perceived brand advantage over the other? Chevy vs Nissan, or Ford vs Kia?

In other words, for the $1000 difference in price, you may be gaining or losing huge amounts of value and quality, or it may be equal. We don't know.

"Where does the 'extra' profit go?" That depends on how aggressively the company in question reinvests in R&D, re-capitalization, modernization, advertising, and the like. Any "extra" profit could conceivably go into the shareholders' pockets or into any of the above. The tendency, and I am not saying that you are doing this in this case, is to assume that a company who wants to reduce labor costs does so solely so that the CEO can buy the land the orphanage is on to bulldoze it and build a motocross track, or similar. It is more complicated than that, usually.